Chapter 9 What The?✔

Ellie's POV

Today is Friday. Yay!

Elliott and I made it through our first week back. I hated it.

It was filled with pity. People asked us if we were ok, that they are here for us, if we need to talk about anything, what we went through. Some of these people were people who hated me.

The only person who doesn't even mention that is Max. He's our best friend and he respects that we don't want to talk about it.

Me and Elliott are back to regular weight and we are healthy again.

But all that aside, the week is over. Ashley or mom, wants to take us to the movies. We don't know which one yet, but I'm pretty excited.

That's another thing. I don't really call Ashley by her name anymore. Only when she acts like a kid and I act like her mom. Same thing with Elliott. And she considers us her children which really brings us closer together. So from now on, she's our mom.

We are waiting for mom to pick us up and then Max comes up to us.

"Hey you guys wanna come to the football game tonight?" he asked.

Elliott and I looked at each other skeptical. The last time we went to a school game, we went through hell.

But Blake is dead. I can't let this torment me for the rest of my life.

"Sounds cool. But only if Elliott want to come also" I said and looked at my twin brother for a response.

"Sure" he said. But he didn't seem happy about it.

"Alright see you tonight then" he said getting in his ride.

"Bye" Elliott and I said waving.

"Hey you ok?" I asked.

"Not really. I don't want to go to the game" he said. I shook my head laughing lightly.

"Then why did you say 'sure'. I said I would go if you would go" I said.

"Well you seemed like you really wanted to see the game so I didn't want to keep you from that" he told me.

"Oh Elliott" I said hugging him, which is kinda hard when you have a backpack on.

A car honk made us pull apart. It's mom.

We raced to her car. I win. I get shotgun.

"Ha!" I said.

Elliott just rolled his eyes at me and I just laughed.

I got inside and put on my seatbelt.

"Hey mom" we both said.

"Hey darlings. How was school?" she asked us.

"It was fine. Finally Friday" Elliott answered.

"Also Max invited us to come see the football game. Can we go?" I asked.

Mom put on a fake sad face.

"But I don't feel like going out tonight" she said.

"Come on mom please" Elliott asked.

"I don't wanna"

"Ashley!" we said. This is what I meant when I said we sometimes call her by her first name.

"Oh all right" she said.

"Yes!" me and my brother high fived each other and mom just shook her head laughing slightly.

When we got home, Elliott and I quickly did our homework so we could get ready for the game.

I decided to put on a tie dye shirt with a sweatshirt on top and leggings. Elliott did the same as me only he wore jeans.