12. unnoticed

I quickly went and sat down next to Jace

I quickly went and sat down next to Jace. Trying to drain the anger out of my body, I let out a sigh.

Leaning in closer towards me Jace whispered. "It's okay, let it go."

I looked at him like he was crazy. It's been awhile since the last time we talked, and and it wasn't exactly a happy ending. So what was he talking about now?

But even after all of that I still liked Jace. Whenever he was near me I would get this warm fuzzy feeling. It was a strange feeling. One that I hadn't felt in a long time.

He let out a small and chuckle when he noticed my reaction and turned his head to listen to the lesson Mrs. Rogers was teaching.

Class went by slow. Mrs. Rogers was explaining different math lessons which I didn't listen to nor did I even try to pay attention too. My mind was elsewhere. All I could think about was if Vanessa switched classes because she thought I was never going to come back. That same question was running through my brain like it was the Olympics.

---

As soon as the bell rang I ran out of that class so quick that I probably dropped a million papers behind me. I didn't want to speak to Jace and I knew he was going to try to talk to me.

"Hey Scarlett, wait up!" I turned my head slowly knowing what was about to come.

"Hey Jace what's up?" I asked plastering a smile on my face.

"You alright? I saw what happened." He asked sincerely.

"Yeah I'm fine! I just broke my arm." I said surprising myself with the sarcasm coded in my voice. "I'm sorry it's just-" I sighed, "I'm fine now."

He waved his hand in the air as if he was dismissing the topic. "It's fine. I'm sorry too."

"For what?" I asked because I wanted him to feel sorry for the way he acted. "Why do I feel like you're always apologizing."

"For the way I acted." He said with an raised eyebrow.

"Don't worry about it, we all have bad days." I said looking on the bright side.

He smiled but it was a very small smile barely even a smile, but when he opened his mouth to talk he was cut off by Leo's loud voice. "Hey buddy, guess you've already met my best friend Scar." Leo said playfully hitting Jace's shoulder.

"Your best friend?" Jace asked.

"Yes, sorry it's just she's better than you." Leo said shrugging it off like Jace wasn't actually his best friend.

"Shut up dude. You're such an asshole." He laughed. "Tell my brother I won't be home for a while after school."

Jace had a brother?

"Sure thing, I'll see you later Scarlett." Leo said as ran over to Blake.

Blake and Jace were brothers! That makes a lot of sense. They resemble each other in a lot ways. But I don't really know Blake he's quite, just like Jace it's strange. "I'll see you later Jace." I said walking away quickly before I could even get a response.