IV

Pic of Elijah Sheridan below.......}

--

Eddie felt like hitting his head against the table. He hasn’t had his morning coffee and hasn’t eaten; he went to bed late last night because he couldn’t fall asleep. The only thing or in this case, person, running through his head was Elijah Sheridan. The man’s blue eyes and smile. Eddie was a bit scared. Why? Because for the first time in years another man, other than Ben, was taking up his thoughts and to top it off, said man was his boss.

“You okay?” without looking up, Eddie knows that it’s Noah. He wanted to look up, but he lacked the strength. He gulped as he remembered what Elijah had said about lunch and he almost fell out of his chair.

“I need coffee, Noah. Like a huge mug of coffee, the mug should be the size of a small canoe.” Eddie said with a sigh.

He heard Noah chuckle and felt a hand on his shoulder before it was gone, he still didn’t look up. However, he does when someone places something on his table, and at the smell of caffeine, he sat up. He stared at the mug of coffee and the small pack of sugar beside it and then looked at Noah who was looking at him in amusement. Eddie ignored the look and instead wrapped his hands around the hot cup of coffee and took a long gulp, cherishing the burn in his throat. Noah waited silently as Eddie drank to his fulfillment, what he hadn’t expected was for the man across him to ask him...

“What do you know about Mr. Sheridan?”

Noah licked his lips and stared at Eddie for a brief second before replying. “He took over the company when he was nineteen, after the death of his mother. He’s known to be not so friendly and takes work seriously, I mean he has to because he’s in charge of a hundred thousand people in just Europe alone, so yeah.”

Eddie nods and blinks. “Do you... is he...gay or?” Eddie winced at his question, it wasn't as subtle as he had hoped for.

“Yup, well, bisexual is what he claims. He’s never had a relationship that lasts longer than a few weeks, and the last one was about a year and a half ago. Why are you asking?” Noah asked, taking in the way Eddie was biting his bottom lip and playing with his thumbs.

“I just wanted to know, is all.”

Noah stared at Eddie for a beat too long and shrugged. “Alrighty then. I’ll be back soon, Samuel says he wants to see me.” Noah said as he stood up. Eddie smiled and nodded at him. “Thank you for the coffee.”

Eddie spent the whole time after that looking at his watch and it was like time couldn’t move any faster. He tapped the butt of his pen against the table for a while before he moved it from the table to his leg, actively getting a few glares from people but he didn’t care. He helped Marie, one of his co-workers, set up a power point presentation, distracting him for a good hour and a half and by the time Eddie looks up it’s twelve thirty. Lunch starts by twelve- thirty till one thirty.