Chapter 4 - "Why, To Marry Me, Of Course."

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 4 – "Why, To Marry Me, Of Course."

I wake up to a pounding headache, feeling like someone is slamming a hammer against my forehead.

Fuck.

Did I drink too much last night?

I press the heels of my palms to my eyes, squeezing them shut.

Argh...

"I see you're awake finally,"

Wait, this voice sounds familiar!

My eyes fly open in shock, and for the first time, I actually take in my surroundings properly.

Cobalt blue and white walls, blue dresser, sheets...

THIS IS NOT MY ROOM!

Then it all comes rushing back to me.

Some crazy Angel gave me some drug last night.

"Who the fûck are you?!" I yell, sitting up in one quick motion.

That's a mistake.

Blood rushes to my head at the swift movement, and immediately, my eyes burn and my head aches with pulsating pain.

Ouch.

"Are you alright?!" That lyrical voice exclaims with something akin to concern, and the next moment, I feel warm fingers gliding across my hands on my eyes, trying to remove my hand.

In that mind-numbing pain, I give in to the stranger's attempt and her fingers replace mine in rubbing my head.

Ahh...

It feels like heaven...

Wait!

I push her hands away, and move backwards on the bed to put some distance between us. She jerks in surprise by my reaction, and for a second I see a shadow cross over her eyes, but it's too quick to decipher and she covers it up.

"I'm sorry," She whispers, raising her lean hands up in defence.

I squint at her with narrowed eyes, unable to open them fully due to the hammer pounding against my head.

"'Sorry'?!" I repeat, "Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yell, glaring at her.

She takes a step back in surprise.

Just for a second, her smirking façade drops again, and before I could glimpse at the dark emotion clouding her irises, she smirks again.

She crosses her arms across her chest.

"For someone who's kidnapped you sure are brave," She comments with a casual air, and only after a second the meaning behind her words actually dawns on me.