Chapter 21 | Before I Say I'm Sorry

C H A P T E R  21

C H A P T E R 21

I turn around before Gavin can say anything and meet my mom inside. The house feels different, the air has a certain smell that I'm unfamiliar with and that's when I notice the man standing ahead of me my whole world starts to collapse all at once.

"What is he doing here?" My words sound as harsh as there meant to sound. Peter stood there smiling at me like he enjoyed seeing me annoyed in his presence. I hadn't called him my father since I was a small child even then it wasn't what I preferred to call him.

"No hug?" He obnoxiously laughs holding his arms out for me I step back. I had to come home to this.

"He's only staying until he earns enough money so he can leave." My mother says. "Now I'm off to the pharmacy to pick up your prescriptions please be good, both of you."

"Let me go with you." I beg holding onto her arm before she can leave.

"You have to stay here, go rest."

I groan as she leaves me with this stranger. I didn't want anything to do with him so as I try to make my way around him he grabs my arm. "You ungrateful little bitch." He curses gripping my arm tighter and tighter each time.

"Let go of me!" I yell and then he suddenly brings his hand up and hits me. I guess prison has changed him he never used to hit me until now. How pathetic I was? I couldn't fight back as much as I wanted to.

I could feel the burning sensation coming from my cheek so I rest my hand over it.

"Why didn't you come visit me in prison huh?" He yells once again. "Did you even care!"

I run to the front door with all I had before he could grab me again and I feel like I'm about to faint again but I keep fighting against every part of my body begging for rest. I was surprised to see Gavin still outside and he's still washing his car and without any hesitation I get inside the passenger side and hop in the back seat to hide.

I can hear Peter calling out for me and I just lay down and ignore him. Gavin opens the drivers door and looks at me confusion spreading across his face. "I can explain." I let out. Great you only just told him you couldn't be friends seconds ago and now I'm using his car to hide from my father.

"Do I even wanna know this time?" Gavin sighs leaning his head into the car. "Who's that guy?" His head nods into Peters direction and I slowly lift up my head to see him go back inside.

"It's my dad." I mutter looking at Gavin's shirtless torso that seems to flex with every move. Not the time for this.

"Can I just sleep in here for a bit?" I ask. "Or can you take me to Peyton's house?"

"Do I look like a chauffeur?" Gavin scowls at me. "You're just using me."

"Stop being a jerk for once and let me sleep in the damn car." I snapped. "Please."