Chapter 2

Authors Note: For this chapter I suggest listening to the song "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter my lovelies 🥰                                             ❤️🧡💛💚💙🩵💜🤎🖤🩶🤍

*Y/N's POV*

I stop running when I realize I'm on the school rooftop. I look around to make sure the girls didn't follow me.

I walk closer to the edge and look at the view. I lean against the railing and start to think about everything. About everything those girls said to me. I want to cry, but I stop myself. I won't let those girls win. They're just miserable and jealous.

I close my eyes and feel the wind blow on my face. "Like a small boat, on the ocean," I sing. "Sending big waves, into motion."

*Jake's POV*

I follow Y/N up to the rooftop. When I get there, I see her standing next to the railing. It sounds like she's...singing? I move closer so that I can hear her better.

"And all those things I didn't say, wrecking balls inside my brain. I will scream them loud tonight, can you hear my voice this time? This is my fight song." I hear her sing. Her voice is like that of an angel. I admire her, looking at her sun kissed skin, her crystal blue orbs, and her long blonde locks. She's beautiful.

I always thought all girls were the same. Fake, selfish, dumb. I never thought I would find the girl for me. But watching Y/N, with her angelic voice and natural beauty. Not an ounce of makeup or plastic surgery on her. She's perfect. I know she's the one for me.

*Y/N's POV*

I can feel someone staring at me. I stop singing and turn around. And I see...Jake?!

What's he doing here?!

"W-w-why are you u-up here?" I ask, shocked.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," He says.

"Really?" I ask. No one's ever checked on me before.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. It's not a big deal. It's not like I care about you or anything, I was just curious." He says, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

"O-oh," I say, looking down. I should have known. No one would ever care about someone like me.

He must have seen how hurt I was because immediately his expression softened and he uncrossed his arms.

"Hey, I'm sorry," he said. "I do care. Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asks. He walks towards me and we both sit next to each other on the ground.

"I-it's nothing. It's just that, well, it's just been kinda hard recently. With Heather constantly bullying me, and then my aunt hitting me and me basically having to raise myself, I've been struggling. Especially because I keep having nightmares from when my parents died."

*Jake's POV*

I look at Y/N's perfect figure and suddenly feel furious. Who would hurt such a perfect and beautiful person like her?

I feel my eyes start to turn red. But I close them to stop it. She can't know my secret. Not now.