Chapter 5

The sound of the birds chirping fills my ears. Opening my eyes I see the soft morning light pouring into my room. The curtains sway as light wind comes in through the open window.

Moving my feet from the bed to the floor I get up and make my way to the dresser. Pulling out a simple faded yellow dress and begin my morning.

After pinning my hair up and adding light makeup I start my way down the stairs. I'm assuming Will is already up and doing chores. I sue swish he can take me to see the animals and land. He seems to have quite much of it.

  After walking down the last step I see all the windows open and a bright sunny day. The kitchen and living room and left empty. I walk towards the screen door and open it gently and that's where I'm greeted by those same green eyes.

  "I was worried you wouldn't wake up." He laughs out.

  "Yes, I didn't realize how long is slept."

  "Oh no worry's. I was thinking we could run to town today, you can grab things from the store if you want." Will seems nervous around me still. His feet rubbing into the dirt and him playing with the hem of pants told me so.

  "That would be nice." I say back. Will runs inside and changes his boots and leaves his hat. He opens the door to his truck and I climb in.

  The silence between us in the truck is deafening. My I don't know what to say to him. Trying to break the silence I look around to see what I can say, but he does it instead.

  "I was thinking while we are in town we can stop my the doctor to schedule you an appointment." He says while keeping his eyes focused on the pavement road ahead of him.

  "That's a good idea." I look over at him and give a shy smile back as his eyes meet mine.

  "How far along are you?" He takes one hand off the wheel and rubs it on his jeans.

  "I think 3 months, but to be truthful that's an estimate."

  "Oh ok. So we still have time to get a room together and all the fixins'"

  "Well I hope she stays in that long." I laugh out. His eyes turn and meet mine.

  "Do you think it's a girl?" He asks with a new expression in his voice. Not a bad one, but something different.

  "Well I think, but you never quite know."

  "If it's a little girl I bet she'll look just like you. With them pretty eyes and dimples." He looks over and smiles. His smile seems contagious. His hair falling just right over his forehead, his freckle's darkened from working in the sun, and those eyes.

  All I can do is let out a little laugh. "You have a pretty laugh. Don't know if anyone's every told you that before." He says while looking back at the road.

  All I can do is laugh a bit again. Is he flirting with me? Do I kinda like it? He seems to feel the awkwardness I know have because he begins talking again.

  For the last 15 minutes to town we talk about his farm. His family has had it for 60 years now, with 245 acres of corn and soybeans and so many more crops. He says they rebuild part of the house a few years back because of a fire.

  He seemed to love talking about the farm, as most farmers do. I love how strongly he feels towards his work.

  "Alright where do you want to go first in town?" He asks.

  "I don't mind, where ever you want to head first." I smile back.

  "Well let's schedule that appointment with Doc then head to the store. I'll drop you off their while I go see crop prices for this year. Will you be fine with that?" He looks over at me with a face of question.

  "Yes, that sounds lovely." I reply.

  Maybe this life won't be as bad after all.