Chapter 1

*Y/N's POV*

My alarm goes off at 6:00, so I get up and turn it off. I sit on the floor, because I don't have a bed, and think about the nightmare I just woke up from.

When I was 2 years old, both of my parents were killed in a car crash. I always have nightmares ever since.

 I was adopted by my alcoholic, abusive aunt, because she was the only family left. She abuses me because she is jealous of my natural beauty.

I look at the necklace around my neck. It's a black heart on a silver chain with my first initial on it. It's the last thing my mother gave to me before she died.

I get up and wash my face, and then throw my beautiful, long blonde hair into a messy bun and put on my favorite outfit. I don't wear makeup because I'm not fake, but all the other girls do because they are fake.

 I don't wear makeup because I'm not fake, but all the other girls do because they are fake

I walk down the stairs, careful not to wake my aunt up. I open the front door and start walking to the school. I can feel the anxiety and dread in my chest, knowing I'll have to face Heather and her clique of cheerleaders.

I get into the school and head towards my locker, but before I get there, I run into a big, muscley wall.

"Watch where you are going!" he yelled, furious. It was Jake, the most popular boy in school. All of the girls have a crush on him, but I don't see what the big deal is. Besides, he doesn't even like any of the girls anyway, and he definitely wouldn't like a loser like me.

"S-s-s-s-s-s-sorry," I say, looking at the ground.

He pushed me against the locker, causing me to look up at him.

"Look at me when I am talking to you!" He yelled. "Do you understand?"

"Y-y-y-y-yes, s-s-s-s-sorry," I say, looking into his eyes.

He let go of me and walked to his class. I started heading towards my locker when I was stopped by none other than Heather and her clique. Heather was the leader. The prettiest, the richest, and the fakest.

Hilary is standing on her left, she's also part of the cheer team, and her dad's a lawyer. She gets everything she wants, she never had to work a day in her life. Her dad treats her like a princess, and because of this she has about the same IQ as a rock.

Haileigh is standing on Heathers right. She's pretty quiet. I don't really know much about her other than her mom being a super model and her dad being the mayor. She's on the cheer team and the dance team.

"Hey!" Heather said, walking up to me, Hilary and Haileigh following right behind her like puppy dogs.

"What?" I ask, rolling my eyes. I just wanted to get to my locker.

"I saw you talking to Jake!" Heather said. "I want you to know that he is mine!"

She pushes me and I stumble slightly.

"He would never like a loser like you! You're pathetic and weird!" She says.

I try to hold back my tears; her words are really hurtful.

"Aww, are you going to go cry to your mommy? Oh wait, you don't have one!" All three of them start laughing at this.

I push past them and start running. I don't know where I'm going, but I don't stop.