Chapter 30

Val's pov

It's nice to be home again after all these years.  I miss Em so much, but I'm nervous to see him again, I mean, we haven't talked for years, and I don't know if he's still the same Em that I know.

"Come in," I said to the person who was knocking my door outside. The door opened, and in came Marian.

"Oh, hey Mari," I smiled at her.

"Hello ma'am," she said as she bowed her head a little.

"Come on,  Mari, you know there is no need to do that. You can still call me Val, like how you used to. " I said, and she nodded with a smile on her face.

"I missed you, Mari," I said and stood up to give her a hug.

"I missed you too little Val. Now let's go, I was told to come take you to the dining room for breakfast. "

With that, I broke away from the hug and followed her to the dining room.

When we arrived at the dining room, Mari went back but not before giving me a smile. I walked inside and sat on the right side of my father's seat, where I used to sit before leaving.

Actually, I was not surprised to see the glares sent to me by the 2 people who were already on their seats. These two people were none other than Charlotte and her daughter Hayley.

"Good morning," I said

"Good morning bambina, welcome home again." Dad replied back. Charlotte hummed and Hayley? well, she was just being Hayley. Pfft...

"Thanks, Dad,"

"I told the kitchen staff to cook all your favorite dishes, so let's dive in." He said snd I gave him a small thank you smile. "

We ate in peace, well, except for the occasional glares from Charlotte and Hayley.

"So Rose, I have enrolled you to a new school that Hayley goes to. Is that fine with you?" dad asked

"Yes, it's fine. When will I be starting?"

"Tomorrow"

"Okay,"

"Today after breakfast, I'm going with you to buy your school necessities."

"Can I come along too, Daddy?" Hayley asked dad

"No,"

"But..."

"I said no, and that's final. Don't make me repeat myself," my dad said in a calm but dangerous voice that could send shivers down everybody's spines. Well, except me, of course.

She sulked and stood up from the chair to god knows where.

*****

3rd pov

"Wake up, Rose, you need to get prepared for school," Lorenzo said.

"Give me 5 minutes," Rose muffled.

"You have been saying that for the past half an hour, Rose, get up right now, young lady," Lorenzo said sternly. 

If someone saw him being soft like this to someone, they would be shocked because he is known to be cold and never showing his emotions.

But for his daughter, he will do it.

"Rose for the last time, get up," he said, and with that, Rose finally got up from the bed.

She yawned as she rubbed her eyes. After that, she looked at his father with a pout on her face.

"Now go to your room and get prepared for school. I have to introduce you to your new driver" she stood up from the bed and walked out of the door to her room.

Yeah, she slept in her father's room yesterday. She still hasn't left that habit of hers.

Rose went to her room and prepared herself for school. She wored her school uniform and applied light makeup on her face.

 She wored her school uniform and applied light makeup on her face

Her uniform👆

She packed her backpack and went downstairs, where he found her dad already waiting for her.

"Rose, this is Melvin Dart, he is your new driver, starting from today" 

"Okay, nice to meet you sir Dart" she said and gave him a handshake.

"See you, in the afternoon Rose and have a good day at school." Lorenzo said ad kissed Val's forehead.

"Protect her at all cost" he sternly and dangerously said to the new driver, the driver nodded in determination and with that Lorenzo set off to work.

"Let's go Mr Dart" Val said after grabbing an apple. There was no use of waiting for Hayley since she has her own car.

_________________________________

Hey guys

Hope you had a good day