Chapter 16: Getting Married

(Final Chapter but definitely not the end, stay tuned for a Part two.)

It's been about 3 months since the incident with Chaz, the troll seemingly disappeared without a trace. As much as Branch didn't like him, he hoped the other didn't drown that day. Mostly because he wanted to give the troll a good punch himself for endangering him and Shelly. He was still mad over that but he let the anger go for now because he had a lot of other stuff on his mind at the moment. That's why he was standing in his Grandmother's old pod, listening to her records and sorting out his nerves.

"Hey..." Poppy called gently as she walked in, knowing he was going to be here.

Branch turned around and smiled at her. "Hey Poppy."

"Oh..." She thought he would have more of a solemn look like all the other times they entered the pod.

"Is something wrong?" Branch asked because she was surprised about something.

"No, I just thought you might be crying like last time but you seem happy." Poppy playfully jabbed at him while grinning when Branch reached out and held her hand.

"How could I not be? I'm marrying the love of my life tomorrow. Our baby is going to be a part of that along with my brothers, your sister and Dad. I Mean, I do wish my Grandma could be there too but the family we have, despite being dysfunctional at times-" Branch chuckled. "-is more than I could ever want or hope for. I truly am the luckiest troll. If you hadn't got me to come out of my bunker that time, I would have never known a love like this before."

Poppy's bottom lip shook when tears started gathering in her eyes.

That's when Branch pulled her into a tight embrace and she hugged him with everything she had. She never wanted to let go of him again.

"I love you so much." Branch whispered in her ear before they let each other go somewhat and they immediately shared a deep, long kiss.

They were pulled out of the moment when they heard a light 'knock, knock' from the door. They both looked and saw everyone piled up at the entrance while Shelly ran to them and hugged them both.

"Sorry but she woke up from her nap and... well you know where this is going." Floyd explained as he walked in along with his other brothers. They all started taking a look around the pod. They hadn't been here since they left that night. Too scared to step foot in the pod.

Clay picked up an old record and remembered the music from it. "Dang, I haven't heard this in so long." He said when he went over and put it on before cringing. "Yep, I still don't like it."

Branch laughed as he walked over while speaking "I like it."

"We know, you used to dance to anything Grandma put on. She actually made it a competition once to find something you didn't like." John shook his head at the silly but fond memory.

"Yea, she was at her wits end when eventually she gave up. So it didn't surprise me when you said you liked other genres of music besides Pop." Bruce smiled.

"You mean to say, he likes all music." Floyd corrected and all the brothers agreed along with Poppy.

"Come on, it's really not that big of a deal. I'm sure there is something out there that I dislike." Branch was sure when everyone laughed.

"Not possible. Nope, nada." Clay said when he looked at Shelly. "Do you like this music?" He asked.

"No, don't like." The small blue troll curled her lip a little.