12

"A wake up punch?"

  Lily smiled nervously, "The princess wouldn't actually do that, right?" she muttered.

  "Well, I hope she does." Lucas shrugs while crossing his arms. Everyone turned their heads to face the annoyed-looking-magician. Lucas raised his eyebrow at their bewildered faces.

  "What? It's not like there's something wrong about wanting her to punch him." Ijekiel just shook his head and sighed.

  'When would I get another chance?' Athanasia was flaring in madness, 'the time is now.' She then clenched her fists. 'For what happened at the lake.'

  '...You gotta take one punch!!' She raised both of her arms in the air.

  Lucas watched in amusement, "There she goes," he said in anticipation.

  But before she could bring her fists to the Emperor, the chocolate slipped away from her grasps and bounced to Claude's forehead. 

  Lucas grimaced in disappointment, while Ijekiel eyed him, 'He was really looking forward for the Princess to punch his Majesty…' he just shook his head and continued to watch.

  Athanasia let out a horrified gasp when Claude opened his eyes. His eyes lingered to the room until he caught her jeweled blue eyes.

  "Oh no…" Lily and Jeannette covered their mouths as they let out a gasp.

  Athanasia unclenched her fists carefully slowly and carefully put them down on Claude's chest. "S… sleep tight…" She forced out a smile but her horrified look was still seen on her face. 'What on earth am I doing…?' She mentally cried.

  "Yeah, what are you doing?" Lucas asked. 

  "Th… the moon smiles down on you." Athanasia sang quietly that it doesn't even look like she's singing.

  "This is the lullaby that I used to sing to the princess when she's having a bad dream." Lily smiled, "... and she's singing it to his Majesty. She must've thought about making him sleep again." 

  "Goodbye to the day." She continued, "The baby smiles at the star too. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow. So dream a pretty dream and sleep tight my child…" Claude's eyes closed a bit.

  "Wow… Ms. York, you've taught the princess well." Felix smiled.

  Again, she forced out a smile on her face. 'What did my face look like when my arms were up?'

  "You looked horrified." Lucas said plainly.

  'I must have been really weird.'

  Athanasia stopped her thoughts when Claude opened his mouth, "What song was that?" He asked.

  A mixture of shock and confuse was plastered on Anastacius face, 'I thought he would be more… something.' he thought, questioning his brothers reaction.

  "A song to say 'bye bye' to bad dreams." Athanasia responded. 'This dude doesn't even know a lullaby? Everyone in this empire has heard it.'

  'Dude? Is that a new way to call her father?' Claude thought, a bit offended by his own daughter.

  Athanasia beamed at the Emperor in front of her. "Good morning, papa!" Her voice was full of enthusiasm.

  "It's not morning." The Emperor replied plainly. "Then, good evening!" Athanasia replied, her enthusiasm not faltering.