9

"Lilian York, long time no see." Claude rested his cheek on his palm.

  Lily bowed, showing her courtesy in front of the Emperor. "Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire." Beside the maid was the princess.

  "I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my one and only daughter due to my duties at court." Athanasia looked down, her body trembled. 'I'm scared…'

  "But still, Athanasia has grown into such a healthy child. The credit belongs to you." , "Thank you, your Majesty." Lily replied, still bowing.

  Felix smiled at the screen. 'I too, I'm glad Ms. York came that night and suggested that she take care of the princess.'

  'I wonder how Ms. York kept her relaxed posture.' Jennette looked at the nanny in wonder. 'I would've trembled if his Majesty had called my name.'

  'Don't make me laugh!'

  'It's not, 'I haven't been able to pay attention.' It's you neglecting me!' 

  Claude just stared at the screen, and didn't know what to say.

  'You completely erased me from your mind!'

  Claude felt thorns in his heart as he closed his eyes while listening to his daughter on the screen. His red-haired knight looked at him in worry. Felix opened his mouth to say something, but he pursed his lips and chose not to say anything.

  "However, from now on, I will be looking into the princess' well-being. There will be no need to worry." Claude continued.

  'What?' The princess couldn't process the words that came from the Emperor's mouth. 

  Athanasia raised her head, she saw Claude looking at her, his lips curled slightly upward.

  'Did you smile?' Athanasia felt like a frozen statue, 'Did you just smile at me?'

  "What?" Claude frowned. 'What? What's with that reaction?' Of course he can also smile.

  'Pay me no mind!'

  The sudden outburst startled them.

  'Thank you for ignoring me my whole life this far!' Athanasia screamed in her mind. 'Thank you for not being aware of my existence!'

  "That's a sad thing to be thankful for, Damn. Claude, your daughter must really hate you." Anastacius shook his head.

  'Please be so kind and continue to do so in the future!' 

  "Princess…"

  "Starting today, Princess Athanasia will be treated as a proper princess." Athanasia looked at Claude in horror.

  "I wish the best for the princess."

  'But you didn't acknowledge me as your daughter.' Athanasia thought. 'In the novel, Claude admits that he never saw Athanasia as his daughter…'

  'So what on earth are you playing here?'

  "It's okay, Princess." Lily hugged her tightly, "It's alright…" her nanny said while trembling slightly, she looked like she's trying to contain her tears.

  'I really hope so too.' 

  'A few days passed, but Claude and I stayed the same.'

  "But after a few months, the princess was able to adjust to the new environment!" Lily said proudly.

  "I think you got a bit chubbier since I last saw you." Claude commented while looking down at the princess in front of him.