Silence

As Lauren cried hysterically in Dinah's arms, Dinah felt her heart shattering into pieces at every sob that escaped her lips.

She couldn't help Lauren fix it, she couldn't undo the bad things that had happened to her, but she really wished she could.

Dinah wondered what would happen next for them. She meant them because she knew from here and now, well, from the moment they'd met that they were in this together, for the long run.

Dinah heard Lauren whimpering making her look down, she watched her squeeze her eyes shut and cover her ears desperately.

She figured that she was having another flashback and sighed, pulling Lauren further into her body.

And it would have been fine, except Lauren was so caught up in the past that she thought Dinah was a threat to her and screamed pushing her away.

"Lauren you're okay! You're not there anymore." Dinah hushed her keeping at a safe distance

But Lauren was there, Dinah didn't fully understand what a flashback was like. The answer was terrible.

More whimpers and sobs escaped Lauren's lips and Dinah bit her lip, heartbroken that she couldn't do anything for Lauren to make it stop.

"Focus on me, Lauren just focus on my voice! It's Dinah, you're safe here!" Dinah said moving closer, shaking Lauren to try and bring her back to the present time. It was like negative time traveling.

In Lauren's mind she was reliving everything she didn't want to. The car accident, the night she found out her family died, but mainly the night beforehand.

Remembering so vividly how it felt when the men touched her everywhere.
Remembering her pleading and begging for them to leave her alone.
Remembering unspoken childhood memories that would never be told.

She heard Dinah's voice clearly but she couldn't get out of her head to respond and allow Dinah to help her.

Lauren was basically trapped, with no way out. The flashbacks carried on for a worryingly long time.

Dinah had timed it to be approximately half an hour before Lauren had finally opened her eyes breathing heavily.

"Lauren?" Dinah said carefully to get the girls attention but not alarm her

Lauren's eyes avoided Dinah, they flicked down to her lap, and then her hands, and then her wrists.

Before she could even think about it Dinah pulled her into her arms before Lauren could object, and she didn't.

Lauren said nothing but wrapped her arms around Dinah burying her head in her neck, grateful of her presence in the darkest of times.

She closed her eyes and tried to even out her breathing, attempting to calm herself down after the horrific ordeal she'd just suffered.

"I've got you." Dinah whispered in Lauren's ear knowingly

Lauren nodded in response without opening her eyes tightening her hold on Dinah.

It was physically impossible for Lauren to cry anymore than she had for the moment. So she stayed there, silent in her arms.

Lauren didn't talk, she didn't say a single word, and neither did Dinah. Nothing needed to be said.

Dinah's phone vibrated signalling that Camila was calling her, Dinah declined the call and turned off her phone.

She didn't want any distractions. She just wanted to be there for Lauren, she really needed to focus on her.