Lies

Ayame POV:

Meetings after meetings after meetings. Who knew this is what a diplomatic mission would be like, on the first day no less? I never want to be a diplomat again. I let out a small breath and leaned against the wall, sliding down it slowly and bringing my knees up to my chest. The boys passed out the second they stepped into their room, but I, unfortunately, couldn't do the same. It had been a while since I had time to myself, and I doubted I would be able to sleep anything soon. So I hugged my knees tightly and started doing what I did best, overthinking.

The longer I thought, the more anxious and angry I got. I replayed my memories of the whole day, mostly focusing on all meetings. One of the elders, no, a couple of them actually, made me remember someone I had forgotten, someone I loathe. And yet, they were so important. I found myself slowly getting more and more angered with myself, mentally berating myself for forgetting someone so important. And someone so dangerous.

So dangerous even Itachi warned me about him. What was his name again? Oh, yeah.

Fucking Danzo.

Abruptly, a sharp pain shot through my head and I could feel my eyes active in response. That was strange, but I didn't get time to think much about it as images started to flash in my mind. I choked back a pained scream. Even just thinking about him physically pains me, perfect. 

All the scenes were brief, each only lasted about a second but I recognized them all. They were clips from just before the Uchiha massacre, during, and after as well as some other clips which were pretty random if you asked me. The clips showed me things I'd only heard about or assumed but now I knew it was real. 

And it was all Danzo's fault!

The one entirely responsible for the Uchiha massacre, and much more. He had manipulated the Third Hokage for years. And the stupid Third was too blind by 'he's my teammate and childhood friend' to see what a corrupt man he was. I honestly despised the third a lot. A large part of me even being happy he was dead now. Stupid senile old man. But then, there was that small part of me that respected him, mostly because he was the student of the First and Second Hokage who I admire greatly, and he was Hokage, nothing more, nothing less.

Danzo was the reason Itachi-nii had to kill the Uchiha clan and go rogue.

Danzo was the one..........

...who killed both Shisui-niisan and Yūgure Oniisan.