Part 8 "Will comes out"

Max took the group outside, she looked super confused and like she was thinking of how to word it, they all stood there staring at her waiting for her to speak "Max why are we out here?" Lucas said "yeah what's going on?" Mike asked.

"Max?" Dustin said she still was thinking of how to word it and was zoned out "MAX!" Lucas said loudly. It made her snap out of her trance. "I saw Billy grab Steve's butt" she blurted they all looked wide eyed and shocked.

"What do you mean?" Lucas asked "I don't know that's just what I saw" she said "Max what are you implying?" Dustin asked "I don't know I just saw it and it was weird, he did also wink at him after" she said "wink?" El asked "yeah like when you are flirting with someone that's a way to flirt with your eyes" Will said. they all looked at him weird for implying they are flirting.

El just nodded. "Ok yeah that is weird" Lucas said "maybe it's a weird bro thing?" Dustin said Max glared at him "bros don't do that" she said "well what else what they be?" Mike said "yeah this is Billy and Steve after all" Will joined in.

"Yeah Billy and Steve, the same Billy who I just saw grab Steve's butt guys" Max said "Maybe they love each other" El stated not knowing two boys liking each other wasn't considered normal.

They all looked at her. Will smiled at her feeling reassured knowing she didn't care about that stuff, he wasn't sure why he felt reassured but he did.

Mike glanced at Will smiling and felt reassured too.

"No, no way they don't love each other" Max said "well what kind of people do that to each other?" Lucas asked "usually people that are in some kind of relationship that's more then friends" Dustin stated.

It was shine slightly a few moments
"Do you think they are-" "No!" Max interrupted Lucas "let's just observe them throughout the day and we'll talk about it later ok?" Dustin said. They all nodded in agreement and went back in.

They heard shuffling noises as they got to the living room the boys were both sitting down reading comics the kids had brought and Billy's was upside down they both had messy hair now this only convinced the gang even more.

They all exchanged looks as Billy and Steve look up "oh hey didn't even hear yall come in" Steve said Billy was smiling, but trying to hide it.

"Yall ready to go?" Steve asked them getting up they all nodded and went to outside as Steve and Billy followed they all managed to fit in Steve's car somehow.

Steve drove to the arcade that was one of the kids favorite places to go and Steve always brought money for them but he was low and they knew that so the didn't bother them about it and they brought their own.

Once they got there everyone hoped out Lucas and Dustin falling on each other and then arguing about it "Hey hey hey!" Steve said putting his hands on his hips "No arguing right now ok?" "Let's relax" he said continuing to walk in a mom like way.

Billy snorted watching Steve act like a mom and the kids giggled about it. Steve turned his head to Billy and gasped acting offended, but in a playful way, and they got super close, which Max noticed, and tapped the others and pointed to Steve and Billy.

Once they got in, the kids started running around going to all their favorite games Max and Dustin playing dig dug and arguing about who is better, Lucas and El chatting, and Mike and Will looked like they were having a serious talk. Billy and Steve were sat down chatting and flirting.

Will then walked away from Mike and came up to Steve and sat with him and Billy "Hey bud" Steve said looking concerned because of Wills sad face "Hey Steve can I talk to you about something personal real quick, like can we just keep it between us?" Will asked. Glancing at Billy, Billy got the hint and excused himself to use the restroom.

"Of course bud" Steve replied Will gave him a reassuring smile "Steve, what would you think if I uhm, liked boys I guess?" Will asked saying boys quietly.

Steve had a surprised look written on his face, he then smiled "oh Will I would never judge or love you less" Steve said opening his arms inviting him for a hug. Will hugged him tightly letting a tear roll down his eyes while he tightly shut them.

Will let go and looked at Steve. "So you really just don't care?" Will asked confused on how he could be so open to the idea of two guys together. "I never cared about that stuff, I mean I did at one point and I was a douche about it, but I know now that I was wrong, and it's ok to be gay".

Will felt so happy he now how someone to confide it.

"So do you have a crush or a boyfriend?" Steve asked "uhh no boyfriend, but there js a guy I like, and you know him" will responded looking nervous.

"Aw who?" Steve asked "Mike.." Will said shaking. Steve took notice of this "Hey, hey its ok" he said placing his hand on Will's shoulder reassuringly. Will gave him a small smile and felt better.

"So Mike huh?" Steve said playfully smirking "mom stopp don't be all weird now" Will said "ok, ok I'm just happy for you, and happy you felt safe enough to tell me".

Will gave him one more hug and thanked him before going to play. A few minutes after Billy came back and sat with Steve placing a hand on Steve's thigh "Jesus Billy you horny freak not in public" Steve said worried someone would notice them.

"I know I just can't help it" he said winking at Steve, they were unaware of the kids peaking at them. "Yeah they are definitely together" Lucas said the rest nodded except Max. She was still processing her brother being into guys and with someone she cares about so much.

"Why is this a big deal?" El asked "they are just two people that like each other, is this a problem?" She asked genuinely confused on why it was a big deal for two guys to be together.

"It's not a big deal, you just don't see it everyday" Mike said "but if they like each other it's fine" Will added "yeah good for them I don't care it's the town that does" Dustin said "yeah I'm happy if they are, and they can tell us when they are ready" Lucas said, they all nodded in agreement.

Except Max. "Max?" Lucas asked she looked at them all " sorry I'm just trying to process this, I'm not against it or anything" "ok good" Lucas said they all went back to playing.

(Authors note)
This is my favorite chapter I think
And I'm happy people are enjoying this.

1200 words