𝟏𝟒.⠀ know thyself

( ミ☆ ) FOURTEENknow thyself

( ミ☆ ) FOURTEEN
know thyself

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He was five when he remembers seeing his own blood for the first time

⠀⠀⠀⠀He was five when he remembers seeing his own blood for the first time. His mother had been the one to kiss away the pain of his first paper-cut.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He was seven when he fell terribly ill with a fever — his mother held his hand and had sung him tear-swept lullabies. Ten when he broke his first of many bones — he'd fallen hard; a memory so hazy he can't recall where or how it happened, only that his mother had scooped all sixty pounds of him up into her arms and had carried him all the way home. Thirteen when he stood in that archaic bear trap beyond the Wall — he'd staggered back home to Cortessa in tears and a tiny oblivious Pepper asking questions, but his mother... His mother, she was frantic, but she wore a brave face and her motherhood like armour.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Then suddenly, he is sixteen — just two weeks out from turning seventeen.

⠀⠀⠀⠀It is here where Bellamy experiences his first betrayal.

⠀⠀⠀⠀It's a miracle he can still stand. The moment he jumps to his feet, vision swirling, he expects the ground to break open beneath him and expose a tunnelling void, swallowing him into the dark.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He half wishes it would. It would be less of a shock to his system — even painless — compared to the bomb that has just been dropped on him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀❝You're... You're lying.❞

⠀⠀⠀⠀His mother isn't here.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Not this time.

⠀⠀⠀⠀In a city full of people, he is alone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀❝No, Bellamy,❞ remarks Brier. Never before has he sounded so serious. ❝I'm afraid it is the absolute truth.❞

⠀⠀⠀⠀All it takes is those five words. Five words, and all at once, the world as Bellamy Ronan once knew it comes shattering down around him in splinters meant to harm.