25-Lost a Shoe

A/N: she doesn't look like the picture at the top but that's her fit
~~~~
I woke up disoriented. That always happens when I'm not in my bed.

I just grabbed an apple and had that to satisfy my craving for food. That should get me through the day.

I got dressed into a cute but simple outfit (shown at the beginning of the chapter.)

Me and my friends walk outside to the meeting area where most of our grade is. It was pretty cool outside so I was probably going to get cold. Oh well.

The teachers are telling us about the "game plan" for today. Basically we're going to hike to this beautiful lake. I don't know why we're going to a lake if we can't swim, since they aren't letting us but school does a lot of irrational things.

I get on my sneakers and we all start walking to the place. It's a lot of uphill, and a lot of rocky areas. I don't even mind it that much. I love nature and since it's cold outside, I'm not actually sweating that much.

We all blast some Disney throwback music like Big Time Rush, Frozen, Mulan, High School Musical. Almost our whole grade is singing to these throwbacks and I realize how lucky I am. Most people don't get this, I take a deep breath and take in my surroundings, savoring this moment.

The hike flies by and we finally arrive at the lake.

It's beautiful.

There are pine trees surrounding it, and it is a deep shade of blue. The small waves coming in a timely order look so peaceful.

And now it doesn't.

There's a big splash as someone jumps in. Or falls in. They must have tripped on one of the rocks. Everyone just stares after them as they don't come up. Ten seconds. Fifteen. Thirty.

That's it.

I throw off my button up and jump in, swimming under with my eyes open trying to find the person.

I see someone with their shoelace caught on a rock at the bottom of the lake. They must have hit their head somewhere because it was bleeding.

I quickly swim to them and simply take off their shoe. It's better that they lose a shoe than they die.

I give them a shove and they get the memo that I'm trying to get them up and swim to the top easily.

I break the surface of the water and inhale sharply.

A shoeless Ashton Rivera is coughing out water.

Of course it had to be him. The universe hates me.

I assist in getting him out of the water and the teachers are immediately rushing over asking if he's ok.

He has a pretty deep cut on his forehead. A teacher named Ms. Delaney immediately says he should go back and tells me to come along so I can change out of my now wet clothes.

He took off his shirt and is holding it to his cut but it's so wet that it's just dripping water down his face. I grab my button up shirt that I had taken off before jumping in and simply hold it up to his forehead.

He mutters a thanks.

Kai is asking him a million questions about if he's ok and Jay just gave me his sweatshirt since I am wearing a now see through white tank top.

Ms. Delaney just shoos everyone besides me and Ashton away and tells them to enjoy the view.

"That was my one of my favorite fucking shirts." I mutter as I see my yellow button up soaked with blood.

He chuckles.
~~~~
A/N: sorry for the short chapter but I'm updating again tonight and it will be an amazing and long chapter so that makes up for it.

This is unedited per usual.

kisses 💋
x