Chapter Eight

He was here and I'm holding his hand. I walk with Nick to the dance floor, I don't think I could look away from him. His hair was brown faded into blonde, his eyes that vibrant grey that makes you think they are contacts, and his pale skin, I knew he looks different than when I used to know him but he probably started Testosterone. We stand in the middle of the gala floor and I hold his shoulder and hand, he's in heals so he can reach better than he used to be able to. Our eyes connect and the roof and walls seem to vanish, the floor turning into an endless space. And just as suddenly we are dancing our eyes never loosing contact. Our movements match in a even pace and I'm positive our hearts are beating to the same beat.
Our song came on as if the band knew, Nick was with the band, he requested it. I smile and we spin around in an endless dream, the room falling empty to our eyes and the music seeming to disappear into the background.
"Your still as handsome as all those years ago." He finally says his eyes never seeming to loose its grip on my own.
"Your still as short as ever." I tease him earning a well missed laugh, a laugh that had hits of pain. I knew I caused that pain, all of it.
"Your still taller than a tree." He brings up an old inside joke of ours, "There is so much I want to tell you." His hand grips softly onto my blazer finally drawing me back into reality.
All around us are the disgust looks from my co-workers, Dr.Jameson looks beyond angry, I forgot that I was at a homophobic party with cameras in every corner.
"I hate this party." I whisper to Nick and he nods in what seems like understanding.
"I was scared when I showed up that you would have humiliated me." He seems to breathe out almost like if he said it I would make due on a promise.
"I would never, when I was informed you were alive I did everything to find you." I quietly tell him my adventure from the past two days making sure no one heard.
"No one came for two days." He says softly, "luckily for all of us no one died or got seriously injured." He smiles softly.
"I'm grateful no one died or was badly hurt." I let my guard down, I seem to be doing that a lot recently.
"We are too, I don't know what I would do if I lost them or you again." He lays his head on my chest seeming to let his guard down as well.
We continue to dancing and talk about how the hero's have done horrible things for another half an hour. Nick has opened up more and we have started acting as if I never had to leave. His face seemed far more relaxed and his cheeks were rosier. He was happier. I smile and after the song ends that the band was playing I took his hand and walks to a vacant bathroom, locking the door in the process so we could talk without people and cameras.
"That was the best dance I could have ever asked for!" He smiles brightly as he hops onto one of the counters, so small and yet so strong. I stand I front of his and cup one of his cheeks, just admiring the view I was aloud to hold so dear.
"Do you agree with Liquidizers ideals?" I finally state, I want to know if he would hate me for starting to believe in a villains thoughts. Thoughts that burned down a memory, ideals that have destroyed countless of hero owned companies, and a man who has somehow killed no one.
"He isn't a villain to me if that's what your asking, I think he is taking down the evil in the world in the only way he knows how, revenge. When FireFly tried to kill me I was horrified to say the least, waiting for the pain to end, for someone to hear my screams as my friends lied unconscious around me. I thought they were dead, all of them. That I was the soul survivor in that murder attempt against me. I had to live when I was the one supposed to die." He tears up and as tears slowly trickle down his face I see the makeup where the tears ran disappear, showing scars.
"You're wearing makeup to cover the scars from the attack?" I don't wanna speak too loudly in fear I will hurt him more.
He nods softly, "among things, after you left everything seemed to try and kill me, and when you told me we needed to break up I was shattered, I wanted to let them." He grabs makeup wipes from his pocket, that I never noticed before, and whipped down his arms removing the makeup from them.
I was face to face with scars I knew all to well, scars I had caused. I stare back up at his face and see him whipping the makeup on his non mask covered face and my mouth widens. He kisses me and my heart swells, it's him but I don't care, I have Nick back and I don't care what else. My eyes close as I lean into the kiss missing everything about it, even with a scar from his top lip to his bottom one. It was gentle like he was scared to hurt me if he let himself fall into the kiss, but that was how it always was. I take my other hand and cup his face pulling him into the kiss deeper. It felt like I was walking throw the sky just him and I. Once it ended I opened my eyes to see him removing his mask. What I saw made my whole life change.