Chapter 18 - The Water Fountain

Dahlia

It had all happened in a matter of a few seconds. Dahlia had told Mishal about the girl, Jade, and then there had been a loud gasp. Dahlia had turned seeing a hooded girl run out the door, followed by Lynn.

Mishal had narrowed her eyes at Jade and the girl who had gasped, now had tears running down her face. "What did you do?" Mishal said, walking towards Jade ignoring Dahlia's hand pulling her back.

The girl Jade, smiled, showing perfect white teeth. "I don't know what you're talking about," She said, everyone looking at them now.

"What did you say?" Mishal said louder.

Gemma was now standing. "Stop!" She choked out, "Stop!"

But Jade's blue eyes were now fixed on Dahlia, she stood up and walked straight towards her. "You remember me, don't you?"

Dahlia stopped breathing. It was her. From the boarding school.

"How?" Dahlia whispered.

But Jade just shook her head as if she felt sorry for her. She crossed the room and gripped her wrist, her nails piercing Dahlia's skin. Dahlia saw her friends coming towards her. But then they stopped. Then everything stopped.

Except Jade. "Dahlia of Dalton house." She whispered, "Should have known it was you, when I saw you." 

"What are you talking about?" Dahlia yelled, breaking free of Jade's grip.

"You're dangerous, when they find out about you," She said leaning closer, "They won't show mercy!"

"I don't know," Dahlia whispered, her heart pounding. "I don't- I don't get it."

"You will." Jade said giving her a small mirror with a plain silver border, "And then you will come back."

And then she was gone. Mishal and Guthrie ran towards her, and then stopped, realising Jade wasn't here. "What happened? Where'd she go?" Guthrie said, looking around the room.

A girl stood up, one of the two that had let her in, silky black hair, dark brown skin and almond eyes. "No-one talks about what happened."

Everyone seemed to look up to the girl but Mishal rolled her eyes, "Shut up, Chantal, always covering your own butt, are we?" Mishal said pulling both Guthrie and Dahlia out of the door.

"Are you alright, Lia?" Guthrie said, "What happened?"

Dahlia opened her mouth to tell them then Jade's words replayed in her mind, when they find out about you they won't show mercy.

"I'm fine, I don't know what happened,"

"Yeah one second she was there, the next poof," Mishal said.

Guthrie looked worried, "Let's go find Lynn and Lana,"

Guthrie

"Who was that girl?" Guthrie asked a second later, her voice echoing in the silent hallway, "I saw her before."

"Jade. One of the girls who used to be in Lana's group. They got into a huge fight," Mishal explained.

"When did you see her?" Dahlia asked looking pale.

"When I went for a run. She asked me about you." Guthrie replied.

"Shhh," Mishal whispered hearing sounds further down the hallway. Guthrie saw two people sitting next to each other, and she quickened her pace to reach them. They both looked up at Guthrie and smiled.