Ch. 49 The Truth will always be uncovered Pt 2

A / N: Hi all my wonderful readers! I just wanted to take a quick second to tell you all how much I love and appreciate all of you! You have no idea how happy I get when I see all your thoughts and comments. Interacting with you in the comments is amazing!

This chapter almost didn't happen today, because guess what? I decided to take this in an entirely different direction, which I love even more than my original plans for the characters that we have loved, hated, and cried with. 

COMMENT / VOTE / SHARE <- If you love it someone else might too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim

The next morning Allison and I got up like it was any other day, except we were both functioning like robots. We were both stuck in our own heads with everything that was going on. As we mucked our way through breakfast, I was never happier that the pups had no idea the turmoil that we were going through internally.

After breakfast we made our way to the playground again, wanting to pretend that it was a perfect day like any other, but in truth I just wanted to watch my pups playing, carefree. There was no way around it, but after today their lives were going to be inexplicably changed. Part of me wanted to be selfish, ferreting the pups and Allison away from everything, leaving it all behind, but I knew that was not possible.

Allison sat on the bench, she was watching everything yet nothing at the same time, I could see that her mind was elsewhere, similar to my own. Now that Meghan was outside and standing close to the pups, I too went to sit on the bench next to Allison. Reaching for her hand I intertwined our fingers as I usually did, kissing the back of her hand absentmindedly. Neither of us spoke, we both knew that even if we did there was nothing more that either of us could say. We had said it all the night before.

Xxx Flashback xxx

"Tim, tell me what to do?" Allison begged me to give her an answer, but the truth was I did not know. There were so many things that I could give her answers to, but how to handle this, I had nothing.

Wrapping my arms around her, kissing her forehead I answered, "I do not have the answers, but I wish I did. There is no right answer to this Allison, we have to make a decision and hope that it is the right one, because whatever we do is going to affect not only us, but all of our pups too. " We stood there her head now laying on my chest, swaying back and forth trying to console one another.

After a few more minutes, I finally broke the silence a few minutes later. "I know that Lily is still connected with Tate." That is when I could feel the dam break and the tears that Allison had been holding back fell, I had known that she had been trying to keep that from me, but I knew she never needed to tell me. "Nemo, I always knew. I never tried to kid myself into thinking that just because we are married, and you marked me that you truly belonged to me. The connection from the Moon Goddess is not one that just goes away. You still belong to Tate in ways that I still belong to Nikki. "

"I am so sorry that you got pulled into the middle of all of this. It's not fair to you, you have only ever been there for me, supported me. And now here we are, back in the middle of the bullshit that is my life. I tried leaving this all behind, but it just keeps coming back around. " Allison pulled in a ragged breath, exhaustion in her eyes.

"You did not do this Nemo. I knew what I was signing up for, I knew what I was saying yes to when I stayed. Marked or not, I could have left, but I wanted to stay. " I was trying my best to assure her that she was not to blame for me choosing to stay married to her.