Chapter 20.5

Xavier's POV

Once again I managed to do something alterly stupid.
I didn't think she would react the way she did, and I was wrong.
She was mad at me right now, I needed to give her some space to calm down.

I took a seat in the living room, a drink in my hand.

"Where is Cassie?" Lynn asked walking into the room.

"She's in the guest room, she doesn't want to speak to me." I said.

"I'll go get her," she said.

She turned away going to the guest room.

I looked at my watch, an hour from now the party would be over.

I just wanted to do something nice for her and our children. I didn't mean to upset her.

"What room did you say Cassie was in?" Lynn said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"In the guest room, two doors  from the bathroom." I said

"I couldn't find hee, I looked in all the rooms." She said in a panic.

"Are you sure?" I said getting up.

She nodded her head yes in a panic.

I stood up heading to the room, Lynne following after me.

The door was now unlocked. I opened the door Cassie no where in sight.

I looked into the bathroom but she wasn't there either, we even looked in the wardrobes.

"That's her shoes," Lynne said pointing at the floor.

It was the same sandels Cassie was wearing earlier.

Where could she be?

I walked out of the room looking for her in the other rooms. I searched for her in the garden where everyone else was but no one seemed to know where she was. Everyone was in a state of panic looking for her.

I asked Joe my Gardner who was waiting near the gate for the guests but he said he never saw her leave.

I don't think she knew about the back gate neither did I think she would go anywhere without her shoes.

I tried calming myself down.

I went back to the guest room she was in earlier maybe I hadn't checked thoroughly.

I'll open the door scanning the room, that's when I noticed the letter on the bed.

I walk to the bed noticing it was a white envelope. I opened it a million thoughts running through my mind.

What if  Antonia kidnapped her? What if this was a letter from him charging a ransom?

I knew he was sick and would do anything to get money he didn't deserve nor work for.

There was only one way to find out.

I removed the letter from the envelope. I scanned through the letter first, recognising it was in Cassie's handwriting each letter written in perfect cursive.

Dear Xavier

For the past couple days you have been nothing but sweet and patient towards me. You have supported me and cared for me even after everything we've been through.

I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore.

I'm tired of lying to you and pretending I'm happy. I don't love you anymore, I never did.

I'm sorry for all the lies I've told you. I lied to you.

They aren't your children.

It was the only way to get what I wanted from you even though your mother made it impossible.
I was scared when you demanded a DNA test, I was so glad when we didn't go through with it.

I've gone with my one true love, the father of my children. I'm sorry I didn't do this earlier.

Don't look for me. I'm sorry.

Sincerely, Cassie

The letter slipped out of my hands, falling onto the bed.

Never in a thousand years would I have imagined this.

Years whelmed up in my eyes.

Something was definitely wrong.

Cassie would never do this to me, or anyone.

This must be a joke or a nightmare. Maybe I'll just wake up tomorrow and realise it's a joke. She would never leave not like this something was definitely wrong.

Where are you Cassie?