Chapter Forty-Six

I gazed down at the man in front of me, my lips quivering.

Damon. My Damon.

I couldn't hear his heartbeat. His eyes stared up at me without the slightest of movement - dull, lifeless.

A hissing sound pierced through the air.

"Mae, get down!" Valerio yelled, jumping in front of me. He wrapped his hands around my waist, making us both tumble to the ground. The dark snake-like mist extended quickly above us, before returning to Aeron's hands.

"Valerio get out of here with Nakida. Make sure all the pups are safe," I said through the mind link.

"No... I'm not to..." he started.

"NOW!" I demanded.

We didn't have time to fight. If he didn't leave he would die, just like Damon. He stood and sprinted to Nakida while dodging Aeron's attacks. He slammed the door shut, catching Aeron's attention.

I jumped up and lunged toward Aeron, knocking him to the ground. Did I have any fighting powers?

Thoughts raced through my mind, but none of them helped me focus. I was fighting off of pure adrenaline and anger now.

How was this him? How do I defeat a god? What should I do? What could I do? How do I win?

He grasped my arms, picking me up and throwing me against the desk, causing it to crumble to pieces. Immediately, I jumped back up, a vicious growl escaping from my lips. The growl soon turned to a roar and the white silhouette of a wolf appeared in front of me.

The silhouette was larger than me, larger than any wolf I've ever seen before. The wolf roared at him, causing him to fly back and hit the wall of the office. He slid down it, the pieces of the wall crumbling on top of him.

His black eyes widened and penetrated through the plaster of the wall that had tumbled on top of him. He stood, his jaw clenched tightly, the stars on his body glowing brightly, nearly blinding me. His feet lifted off of the ground until he was floating above me.

My eyes widened as he hovered effortlessly in the air, the whites of his eyes completely disappearing into those vicious black orbs. A black mist emitted from his body and then another snake-creature emitted from his palms. It was bigger than the others he created.

My heart pounded against my rib-cage. What was I going to do? There was no way that I could defeat a god like him.

Something inside of me stirred, begging me to let it out, let it free. A force. An energy.

It tore my insides apart, gathering all the energy, all of the anger and pain I've ever had.

Building. Building. Building. Until it finally ripped through my chest, pulling me up into the air, until I hovered at the same height as Aeron.

Around me a mist of white and black formed, mixing together in a sense of madness. Complete madness.

Again, the white silhouette of the wolf lurched forward attacking Aeron. The whites of his eyes returned for a brief moment, but he quickly recovered, thrusting me against the wall.

But, this force inside of me wasn't about to give in or give up with just a hit to the wall. It forced me up, pulling me through the cement that crumbled on top of me, until I was floating in the air.

I reached out in front of me, my palm facing the ceiling. This force was controlling me - every part of me - and I couldn't stop it. A black silhouette of a wolf joined the white one, roaring at the man in front of me. Just their mere roars were enough to thrust him back. What was this? First a white wolf and now a black one?