Chapter 43

Warmth was the only thing my skin could feel but I felt calm, secure, dare I even say safe

Warmth was the only thing my skin could feel but I felt calm, secure, dare I even say safe. My hand rested on the arm that pinned me not only to the bed, but also against the strong body that was emitting the warmth, the source of my comfort. That simple act of holding me chased away the terrors that has haunted. me for years on end. A hug, in which I had been deprived of for my entire life, had sparked an emotion in me that I had only felt once before.

Trust. The act of firmly believing in the reliability, truth, ability or strength in someone or something. A horrifyingly deadly emotions that can put your life at risk with one simple word. An action of putting your trust in someone can end your life just as easily as it started. I tensed, my entire body becoming a rigid, unmoving board. I refrained from breathing, this sudden realization knocking all the air from my lungs. This was not supposed to happen.

His breathing was deep and even, telling me was still asleep and unaware of the world, of me. The disturbance of the still air moved my hair, tickling my skin and warming it at the same time. I tried to lift his arm from my body, with the desperation of getting away, but my muscles were still heavy and weak from sleep. I managed to slowly maneuver my way towards the side of the bed, my abdomen moving under and away from his arm. Just when his arm was no longer on me and I was able to slip from under the blankets, he awoke. Both of his arms suddenly wrapped around me firmly and pulled me back into his chest.

"No." He protested, his voice was deeper than usual and buried his face into the back of my neck. "Please stay. Relax and go back to sleep or just please, let me hold you for a bit longer." His voice pleaded to me, begged me as he had been starved of my touch, just as if he would be begging for water after not having it for days. I couldn't move. I couldn't bring myself to leave him after hearing his desperate pleas to me. I settled back into his arms, my body instantly relaxing once more. He tightened his hand and let out a sigh of relief into my ear.

I awoke again but this time, I found myself slightly colder and alone. Voices quietly filled the room, the tv having been turned on and set to a low volume. Behind the background noise, I could hear the sound of running water. The bathroom door was shut and some steam was coming out from the bottom of the door. Taking this as my chance to leave, I slipped from the bed and made my way out of the room and into the hallway. I turned around and face the door, slowly closing it so it would not make a noise and not alert Alpha of my departure.

The only thing I could hear in the entire hallway was my sigh and the small click of the door. Turning towards the direction of the stairs, I jumped when I saw the lone figure leaning against the wall. Rebecca's face was scrunched with a ugly sneer and she sent me a small growl of anger. Her blue eyes looked the door I was standing in front of and then at me, her bright eyes sending me a piercing gaze. I stood my ground, a blank emotion on my face and walked past her. Her claw like fingernails grasped my shoulder and dug into my skin. I whipped around and threw her hand from my body, grasping it harder than necessary.

"What?" I snapped at her. I did not wish to speak with her.

"They found something on the body." She snapped back and dug into her pocket and thew a wadded up paper at me " Was addressed to you, hope you enjoy it." She snickered and pranced down the hall, her heels clicking against the wooden floors. I picked up the paper from off the floor. I could see drops of blood on the sides of it, making my stomach churn and my mind went back to that gruesome sight. Unwadding the paper, I was careful not to rip it.

My Dear Malia,

I see you have ignore my last letter. You have brought this onto yourself by not turning yourself into me, Malia. Since you have yet to come to me, I will be coming to you. I will be paying you a visit tomorrow night.

Until then, Master

The young girl had died last night, meaning he will be coming tonight. Sick to my stomach, I turned and opened the door and went back into the room. I sat back on the bed and placed the note in front of me, staring at the drops of blood that stained the page. I had not noticed that the door to the bathroom opened or that Alpha had been calling my name.

"Malia." My name was repeated from his lips multiple times but I had yet to take my eyes off the paper in from of me. I heard drawers open and the sound of fabric rustling. He then he made his way to me and sat on the opposite side of the note before grabbing it. My eyes now stared blankly at the sheets while his moved across the words that were sprayed messily on the page.

When he was done, he tore it up angrily before wadding it back into a ball. He stormed across the room and forcefully threw it into a trash can. I saw him pacing across the floor as he moved around the room, and then came back to stand next to me. Gently grabbing me, he picked me up before sitting back down, me on his lap. His long fingers tucked my hair behind my ear and then held my face to his chest, my ear on his heart. His body swayed back and forth as he rocked us with a soothing motion.

"It's going to be okay." He shushed me, his voice making his chest vibrate beneath me. I sat there while he rocked me, assuring me that everything will turn out fine. I thought otherwise.