Chapter 22

Amber POV:
Amy slept through most of the day, only waking up occasionally and not staying up for very long. Her medication was really making her tired, but at least they're still working.

Night was starting to fall over the city and I was finding it harder and harder to stay awake. I leaned my head against my fist and my arm was rested against the arm of the chair I was sitting in. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier and I began to doze off when a quiet knock make me shoot awake.

Jade peeks her head in. "Hey, you alright?" She asks, opening the door revealing Zoe and Becky standing with her. I nod and stretch. "Yep. I'm good" I smile. They all file in but Amy was sleeping. "Hey, if you guys want to talk, there's a place that we can go where we won't wake her up" I say, gesturing to Amy.

They all nod and quietly walk out with me following suit. "So how's she doing?" Becky asks as we go to a place where there are couches, chairs and a few tables and magazines.

"She's supposed to be discharged in about two weeks if her recovery goes as planned" I explain. They nod. "So what's up with you guys?" I ask, taking the conversation off of me. "Well, there's a 'pony prom' happening this Friday" Becky says looking very jittery.

I smile. "Cool. Are you guys going?" I ask. All three girls nod. I smile. I'm happy for them. I'm glad that they're going to go and have a great time with each other. "Are you going with anyone?" I ask Zoe. She nods. "Yeah. Jade and Becky and you" she says.

I give her a confused look. "What?" I ask. "You're going aren't you?" Jade asks. I sigh. "Probably not. I don't think I'm going. I don't want anything to happen to Amy while I'm gone" I say. Becky gives me a look. "Pllleeeaaassseeeeee" she pleads, putting her hands together.

I shrug. "I don't know Beck" I say, having a mental war with myself. "Don't pressure her, shes been through enough pressure to last a lifetime" Jade says. I give her a weak smile. "Thanks Jade" I say.

"Now let's talk about how cute you and Pin would be together" she smirks causing me to bury my face in my hands. "Ugh. Don't start" I groan. "Don't worry, hot Marcus tried to ask Zoe and she totally shut him down" Becky says causing me to snap my head towards Zoe.

"He asked you?" I gushed. She gives us all a sheepish look. "Yeah" she says. "Why didn't you say yes?" I ask. She shrugs. "I don't know. I didn't say no though" she tells me. I sigh. "Zoe. You confuse me sometimes" I say, leaning back against the couch and folding my arms over my chest.

"If hot Marcus asked me to the dance, I would be in this hospital having a heart transplant because mine wouldn't be able to take it" Becky jokes causing us all to laugh at her. "You worry me Becky. You worry me" Zoe laughs at her friend.

I check the time. 7:28. "You guys best be going. You all have better things to do" I say, standing up. They shake their heads. "No. We wanted to come and see you. We all did" Zoe smiles at me as we walk back towards where Amy is. I open the door and lean against the solid doorframe.

"Thanks for everything guys. I'll see you later" I smile. "At pony prom?" Becky asks excited. "No. But maybe I'll be by the stables tomorrow. I miss my girl" I say, thinking about Sparrows cute face and how she always feel when I ride her.

"We'll see you later" Zoe smiles before everybody gives me one last hug and leaves. I sigh and push myself off of the doorway and walk inside the room and shut the door quietly behind me.

"Why aren't you going to pony prom?" Amy's weak voice asks. I huff and sit back in my chair. "You heard that huh" I mutter quietly. She makes a sound of agreement and I look over at her. "I have better things to do than go to a silly dance" I admit, taking my shoes off and putting my feet up on the edge of her bed.

"My pony prom was amazing" she manages to say and I look down at her. "You didn't have a horse" I say. "My friend had one. I came with her" she explains. I give her an understanding look. "Oh" I mutter. I didn't know that she had went to pony prom.

"You should go" she says, taking my hand gently in hers. "Go where?" I fake my confusion. She gently slaps my hand. "You know" she gives me a look as best as she can with her injuries. "I don't even know what I would wear" I say, another dramatic sigh escaping from my lips.

She looks at me with an 'are you serious look'. "You have dresses and shoes and I'm pretty sure that you know how to do your hair and makeup" she says. And I sigh again. "I don't know Amy. What about you?" I ask, concern lacing my voice.

"What about me?" She asks. "What if something happens to you while I'm gone? What if your condition suddenly worsens? What if you flatline and die?" I ask, truly concerned about her and her safety.

"Amber. Trust me. I'll be ok. I don't want you to put your life on hold while I'm here. You're only 16. You need to get out there and have fun and do something with your life" she says. "Go be young. Go have fun" she says, excitement lacing her voice.

"Let me sleep on it" I mutter. She nods and closes her eyes. I grab my bag and notice that I had actually packed a toothbrush and toothpaste. Oh thank god. I walk into the bathroom and quickly do my teeth.

After I had finished that, I walked back into the room and opened my bag and pulled out a change of clothes and a hairbrush which I had packed for the sleepover at the stables. I get changed and tie my hair up in a braid before sitting back in the chair and replaying some movie on Netflix.

My body feels weak and tired but it's probably due to the fact that I haven't slept in 48 hours. I turn off the movie and shut my laptop before finally letting sleep take me.