Chapter 14

Pin POV:
I was watching the photoshoot while leaning against the wall of one of the stalls. Everyone was smiling for a minute, but Ambers face fell and she seemed distracted by something.

I give her a look, waiting patiently for her to look back at me. Eventually she does look at me. 'Are you ok?' I mouth to her. She shrugs. I give her a more concerned look. 'We'll talk later' I add. She nods.

She starts fiddling with her seat and sighs. "Are we done here?" She asks, clearly bored. I don't blame her. It does get boring after a while. "You are. We don't want you here anyways, you're taking up too much camera space anyways" Mia snips, sending her a nasty glance.

My mouth falls open. Ok, Mia can be Mia. But that is going too far. I start walking and wait for Ambers response but she doesn't say anything. She simply scoffs before turning Sparrow and cantering away.

"Amber wait!" Sam calls out but I knew Amber, and I knew that she wasn't going to stop. When she has her mind set on something, she doesn't stop.

Sam snaps her head towards Mia, as does everyone else except Susie. "What was that?" Sam snaps. Mia gives Sam an apologetic look. "Don't look at me like that Mia. What you said what rude and hurtful" she says. "It's not my fault she didn't want to participate" she says, crossing her arms over her chest.

While everyone was arguing with one another, I bridled my horse and rode bareback in the direction that Amber took off in. I cantered through the land when I saw a dapple grey horse up on a hill by an oak tree. I turn my horse and gallop up the hill and look down at Amber.

Sparrow looks at me and flicks her mane around before going back to grazing. I dismount and tether my horse to the tree and take my helmet off. "You ok?" I ask. She looks up at me. "Just tired of Mia's horse manure" she huffs. I sit down next to her.

"Join the club. I don't know what's up with her lately" I say. "Me" she says, looking glum. "She's probably jealous" I say, trying to make her feel better. "Of what?" She asks, staring me dead in the eye. "Look at me" she says frowning, leaning her head back against the tree.

I carefully wrap my arm around her waist and pull her into my side. I hate seeing anybody close to me hurt. Physically or emotionally. She lays her head on my shoulder and leans against me.

I try and think of something to get her mind off Mia. I know that she pretends that it doesn't hurt her, but I can see the look in her eyes. It does. I don't want memories of 'him' to come back to her. She's already been through enough today.

"What was up with you and that photographer?" I ask. Great. That'll comfort her. I mentally slap myself. She shrugs. "He was just watching me. It was creepy. He was staring and eying me down the whole time, like I was a meal" she explains, causing me to tense up. I don't like people like that. It's disgusting. "I'll talk to Sam later" I mutter.

She 'hm's' in response and closes her eyes, leaning more heavily on me. I don't mind though, she doesn't weigh that much anyways. "So when are you going to tell me why you're not sleeping?" I ask, causing her to open her eyes and look into mine, sitting up as well.

"I sleep" she mutters. Ha. No. "How much?" I ask. She thinks for a moment before responding. "In the past few days, maybe 5 hours a night" she says. I give her a worried look. People should be getting a minimum of 8 hours and she's only getting maybe 5? That's not healthy.

She closes her eyes and lays back down on my shoulder. "Can we talk about this later?" She asks tiredly. "Yeah" mutter. She lets out a small breath and just lays there.

Soon enough, she was fast asleep. I gently brush a loose strand of hair that fell on her face behind her ear. She looked so stress-free when she was sleeping. Not a care in the world.

Suddenly, Sparrow walks up and stands in front of us. I reach my free hand up and rub her nose gently. "Hey big girl. Did you notice anything different today?" I ask the mare. She lets out a small nicker and looks at Amber.

"What?" I ask. "You're not the only one who loves her you know" I mutter quietly. She takes a step closer and starts smelling around Ambers face. What was she trying to do? She started to nuzzle Ambers cheek with her upper lip, causing her to cuddle into my chest.

My jaw drops and I look up at Sparrow. She flicks her mane around before simply walking away. I look down at the beautiful girl in my arms. She was cuddled into my chest and my arm was around her waist. Oh Sparrow. You are one special horse.

Secret POV:
Damn. She ran off. I wanted more pictures of her. My employer demanded that he wanted more pictures.

Everything was going smoothly. We showed up and I immediately found her. She was standing beside her horse and eventually she noticed me staring at her. She tried to busy herself with different things but none of them lasted long. I smirked. She's afraid.

I start walking towards her and I was almost there when some girl walked between us. I gave her a look before looking at Amber. "You have a lovely horse" I put on the friendliest smile I can manage. She blushes lightly. "Thanks" she says.

She's even more beautiful in person. I can definitely see why anyone would want her. She's gorgeous. Now I know why I'm getting paid so much for all these pictures. If my employer didn't ever want her, I definitely would take her.

I make up some phoney name and she tells me hers. "Amber Dales" she says, shaking my hand. 'I know' I say to myself. I know practically everything about her. That same bratty girl spoke up and I introduced myself to everyone else.

Everyone gets on their horses and we all start snapping pictures. I was slowly making my way towards her and I just kept snapping more and more. She noticed. I smiled up at he but she wasn't smiling anymore.

She was looking at someone. I turn slightly to see that boy from yesterday. He's getting to be a problem. "Are we done?" She asks annoyed. 'Oh honey. We're just getting started' I say to myself.

That same girl piped up again and said some snarky comment causing Amber to run off. Dammit. And that boy soon followed. He needs to be dealt with. Soon.