It was just fine

Jasper's pov
-
-started digging in the ground and when she finally stopped I squatted down and picked up a phone. I smirked at her. "Do you have what I need" tourmaline said with her head hung low. I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a cleaning bottle that had whiskey in it.

Tourmaline's eyes lit up, she reached out for it but I put it out of her reach. "How's Oliver? Do you remember the last time you saw him?" I asked. She looked up at me with a look of disappointment. Oliver was her son, she had recently lost all of her rights to see him.

( A/n: in this au gems can mate and have kids, without dying.)

She shook her head no, I could see the tears running down her face. I threw the bottle on the ground "that's why you can't see him anymore" I growled. I soon ran inside, to catch up with (y/n). I left tourmaline there to get caught, so she could finally get her shit together.

"Jasper!" (Y/n)'s sweet voice called me over to our housing unit. I walked over, avoiding the "traffic".

"Hey baby" i grabbed her hands. She looked up at me with a smile, she pulled me into the living room and sat me down. (Y/n) walked over to the tv and turned to my favorite show "Never again". It's about 3 puppets that do a bunch of crazy shit and at the end they say 'never again'.

"How did you know I liked this show" I'm pretty sure I never told her. She just smiled and sat next to me.

(Y/n) pov
-
Jasper and I were watching some show that sapphire said that she liked. I looked a Jasper and the look on her face was so cute. Almost child like. I silently chuckled at this.

"Guys, Stevens visiting today!" Amethyst yelled as she ran into the unit. Sapphire poked her head out of her room smiling. "That means we get our clothes back! Alright!" Ruby said as she came out with sapphire.

"Who is Steven?" I asked. Sapphire handed me a picture of a little boy. He had brownish hair, a huge smile and a pink shirt with a star on it. At the bottom of the picture it said Steven U.

I gave sapphire the picture back and she said " he's our friends son, but she's not allowed to see him. So we sorta raised him". Looked over at Jasper and she gave me a huge smile.

" He's pretty cool. You'll like him" Jasper said as she patted my head. I smiled at everyone.

"Alright everyone. Steven Universe is visiting today. So here are your visitation clothes. Be ready in 20" A guard said as they walk in with a basket full of clothes. Ruby went up to her, took the basket and then the guard left.

Sapphire gave everyone their clothes and told everyone to change. As I walked to my room I looked at my clothes. 'These are the clothes I was arrested in. It's only been a couple of days and I'm already missing my freedom' I looked at myself in themirror that was hanging on the wall.

 It's only been a couple of days and I'm already missing my freedom' I looked at myself in themirror that was hanging on the wall