Chapter 9

Chapter 9

And he saw that it was good.

John sat at the desk and gathered his thoughts for a moment .  He imagined how different the world would be today if this had been his office , As C.E.O. he would have ensured the company did things right . He pictured a life of fame and wealth and in that picture he saw Ellie-May as his wife , standing at his side , sharing the successes .

He felt the anger rising again , SNAP , back to reality , past the point of no return , no life to look forward to, no love to come home to , just business to attend to . He felt the sting of tears forming in his eyes and forced them into the background. reloading his weapons he left the office . Not time to stop yet .

He cleared the next ten floors without seeing a single person , they all seemed to be heading for higher ground, possibly holding on to the concept of safety in numbers. No matter though , they could only run so far .

On the thirty sixth floor he encountered a couple having sex in one of the bathrooms , he found this distasteful and solved the issue with a grenade . As he reached the thirty seventh floor he heard voices. He listened.

" Do you think we'll be safe here ?" said a female voice

" I don't fucking know " came the irritable male response " Jesus lady I don't  know what's going on , I don't even know who the hell you are , what are you even doing here ?"

" I had an appointment to talk to someone about what these games are doing to our children...."

" Oh god not another bleeding heart blaming our games for your kids problems , listen lady , I have won awards for the work I do here , it's not our games at fault , it's the parenting, and people like you are part of the problem not any part of the solution , it makes me sick that parents always gotta blame someone else for their own failings, oh it's the games making my little boy angry , its the games making my little girl misbehave .... no it's not.."

John had heard enough , he rounded the corner and came into sight , immediately the man approached him , relief showing on his face .

"thank God" he said " the cavalry is here , dude what is going on ? "

John looked straight past him to the woman , he noticed that she was heavily pregnant but seeming quite calm

" Sir can I assume you work here and know the building ?" he said to the man

" Yes I do , I've worked here for over seven years now , I know this place inside out "

" good , then I will ask you to wait here a moment while I see to this lady and when I come back I will need you to assist me "

The man made no protest , but he seemed to inflate with sudden self importance .

"Stay here , I will be three minutes " said John as he took the woman's arm and lead her away. He tapped his screen a few times and a shutter opened , he opened the window leaned out and looked up , he tapped his screen again and turned to the woman .

 " I couldn't help but overhear your conversation and you are right about these games and the damage they are doing , in a moment the window cleaner's platform will be at the window , I will help you onto it and get you safely out of here , my advice to you is go home and get your child's console and games and destroy them  , your child will not thank you but your unborn child will reap the benefits "

the platform settled in front of the window and he helped the lady onto it .

" I can tell you " said John " that over a hundred people are already dead as a result of the negligence these companies display and you should save your children from this terrible affliction. For me it is beyond too late and there are still lives to end but for you and your family there is still hope."