Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Onwards and Upwards.

A passing patrol car noticed the shutters were down but was not aware of any emergency , he radioed dispatch to question this and was told there was no emergency listed and it was probably just a drill or something , he accepted this explanation and continued on his way .

John had reached the 23rd floor, this floor was mostly one huge auditorium with a hand full of smaller storage rooms down a side corridor. He quickly checked all the smaller rooms for life and also he collected a fully loaded assault rifle that had been waiting for more than a month for him to touch it once more , these people with their wasteful ways had made it so easy for him to hide the things he had needed hiding right under their noses , he switched his coat for a jacket bearing the legend S.W.A.T. across its back and again on the breast pocket , he walked round to the big glass doors of the 'presentation room ' careful to not be seen by anyone inside , he estimated there to be close to a hundred people in the room , not exactly what he had planned but he would improvise accordingly . He tapped the screen on his control device a few times and then all of the automated guns in the stairs fired several sustained bursts. the panic in the large room was almost tangible as he rounded the corner at pace , pausing briefly to fire 3 short bursts from the rifle back down the corridor he had come from    all the people who were crowding the door moved back into the auditorium as one , flowing like water to get away from whatever he was shooting at . He signalled them to be as quiet as possible and backed into the room while still sighting his gun towards the corridor .

"Get this door shut and barricaded" he said officially

as one the nearest group obeyed his orders without question , piling tables and chairs against the doors until they were completely obstructed , still keeping everyone as quiet as he could John moved to the low staged area on the far side of the room . " I need you all to take a seat and be silent " he whispered " you need to understand what is going on here " silently everyone moved to the seated area and sat down , a low murmur of frightened voices spread through the room as people were trying to get a handle on the situation , one man raised his voice and said " is it terrorists?"

"sir , I need you to sit down and for everybody to be silent "

The room was quiet but for the sounds of nervous breathing .

"what the fuck is going on ?" a voice whispered

"this building has been taken over by someone who would see harm come to each and every one of you " said John in what he thought was an authoritatively military tone .

" no fucking way is one man doing all of this " said the same voice again

" Sir , I must ask you to stop talking and pay attention to me " said John

The man carried on muttering to the people sat around him , John walked to the lectern where he wrote something on a piece of paper , once more the annoying voice " really dude , what the fuck is going on ?"

John pointed to the man and said " you sir , yes you come over here please " the man approached and John said " what does it say on that piece of paper " he pointed towards the lectern

"what ?" said the man

"the paper, what does it say ?"

the man approached the lectern but before he could see the paper John turned and grabbed him by the hair , before anyone could comprehend what was happening John pushed the man forwards with all his might , smashing his face in on the corner of the heavy wood , he hit it with so much force that he was instantly dead , the wood embedded deep into his skull , his body hanging there lifeless but for the odd twitch as the last vestiges of life left the body . the room fell silent , a woman screamed , a shot rang out , the scream stopped abruptly.