w r i t e

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos. And you can see it in her eyes." - Unknown

DEDICATION: This one goes out to sarcastxcangel because your votes and hilarious comments seriously make my whole damn life, girl! xoxo

Hola, mis amigos! On a scale of argh to arrrrRRGGGHHHHH, how was that cliffhanger? Some of you guys did suspect that he was moving, though no one specified Italy. Anyway, I'm reversing the POV order this time- Faith first, then Tristan. Hope you likey! <3

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

Faith's POV

"Retina, I'm moving to Italy."

"WHAT?!" Faith shrieked down the phone, heart suddenly pounding with the intensity and pace of an enthusiastic marching band. Tristan was moving? To Europe?!

No no no, there was no way that he could- could he? He had to be joking. It wasn't possible that Tristan, the immovable rock of hers could just shift to another country- where Faith would never meet him, to lose herself in his irises. The words that she wanted to speak to him would never be spoken. It just wasn't possible. Was it?

"Wha- how- why- when?" was all that she managed to choke out, as it seemed as though her throat had mysteriously closed up, a layer of something covering up a veil of nothing.

"The flight's in two weeks," said Tristan miserably. "Did I ever tell you why my dad went to Italy in the first place? It was because he wanted to get a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity business deal. Guess what he ended up getting?"

"The once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity business deal," Faith answered the rhetorical question, a sonorous ringing pounding her ears- the thudding beat that never stopped, constant and increasingly painful by the second. "Gosh, I should've-"

Her sentence was left hanging on a unsatisfactory note as the familiar 'beep!' of the phone indicated that Tristan had hung up on her. Usually, Faith would be angrily screaming into the speaker by this point, but now she fully understood that Tristan needed his space- because this, this was such a huge thing to take in.

Tristan was moving to Italy.

Transit saw moving to laity.

Nope, it didn't sound any better as an anagram.

Clenching her fist until her knuckles were the same shade as snow, she tried to keep her breathing under control. Slow breaths- in, out, in, out. Just breathe, Faith. It's not that hard. You've been doing it for eighteen freakin' years. Come on, you became a legal adult earlier this year!

She abruptly stood up, snatching up her cell phone from where it had previously been slammed carelessly on her desk. It took a whole minute for her to realise that the constant beats which filled up the empty carcass that was left of her previously well-functioning mind, was the sound of hot blood thudding behind her ears.

Hmm, now who could Faith turn to, to rant about changing the unchangeable, to fix the unfixable? Delilah, Aimee- no, that couldn't work. Those two had no idea who Tristan was, let alone that Faith had been secretively chatting to him for the past seven months.

Heck, if they found out, they'd probably try their hardest to separate the two! But it was probably for Faith's own good, she assumed. They always knew what was best for her.

Right?

So Delilah and Aimee were out of the question, Faith concluded, her hand clasping the phone with a loose grip. Thick, relentless annoyance bubbling within every vein of her body, she was about to angrily chuck her phone on a soft or hard surface- she didn't care anymore- but it suddenly buzzed, accompanied a chiming twinkle that was the sound of her ringtone.