chapter 3

~3rd person pov~

Soundwave powered on, a surge of unfamiliar sensations coursed through his circuits, stirring a sense of unease within him.

Glancing down at his hands, he beheld the disconcerting sight of his once vibrant colors fading into dullness, a disquieting transformation unfolding before his optics.

"What is happening to Soundwave?" he pondered aloud, his voice tinged with a note of concern.

"Soundwave's appearance... changing," he murmured to himself, his voice betraying a hint of concern.

With a resolute nod, Soundwave decided to rise from his resting position and decided to take a walk through the abandoned energon mine mine.

As Soundwave continued to navigate the desolate passageways of the abandoned energon mine, a sudden surge of agonizing pain tore through his frame, seizing every circuit and processor with relentless intensity.

He clenched his servo, but the pain was so overwhelming that he couldn't even muster a scream.

"Error... Error..." Soundwave's internal systems echoed with distorted warnings, his normally stoic visage contorted in distress.

"Analyzing... analyzing..." He attempted to assess the source of the pain, but his sensors were inundated with corrupted data, leaving him disoriented and vulnerable.

"Soundwave... malfunction... malfunction..." The repeated mantra of his own name sounded hollow and disjointed as he struggled to maintain control.

With each faltering step, Soundwave felt as though he was descending further into a maelstrom of chaos, the boundaries between reality and delusion blurring with every pulse of agony.

As the pain intensified, Soundwave's processors whirred with desperation, each neural pathway pulsating with searing agony.

He staggered forward, his movements growing more erratic with each passing moment.

"Soundwave... malfunction... overload..." His voice, strained and distorted, barely registered above the cacophony of malfunctioning systems.

"Must... endure... must... survive..." Despite the overwhelming torment, Soundwave's resolve remained unyielding, his determination to overcome this unforeseen crisis unwavering.

Every fiber of his being screamed in protest as the pain threatened to consume him whole, but somewhere deep within the chaos, a flicker of clarity emerged.

"Reboot... recalibrate... survive..." Each directive echoed through his fractured consciousness, guiding him through the tempest of suffering as he fought to regain control of his failing body.

Soundwave's consciousness faded into oblivion, his body underwent a profound transformation.

The pain subsided, replaced by a strange sensation of energy coursing through his circuits.

With each passing moment, his frame swelled, becoming more robust and imposing.

His once sleek and slender form now gave way to a hulking mass of metal and machinery.

The color of his plating shifted, taking on a darker hue as if reflecting the turmoil within his core.

Soundwave's optics flickered to life once more, now glowing with an intensity that seemed to pierce through the darkness of the abandoned energon mine.