2

"You couldn't get away any sooner?"

Jennie gasped out the words the moment Taehyung wrenched his mouth from hers. He tasted of red wine, desire and impatience. Of hunger so deep her question barely registered.

"No," he muttered, trailing his mouth to the tender skin of her throat. "Jungkook wouldn't stop talking about our third–quarter numbers."

One floor below his office, the crowd still celebrated. Taehyung could hear the steady thump–thump of the music's bass, echoing the desire thudding through his veins. He shouldn't want her like this, but that didn't lessen his need.

Jennie was an employee. She'd been with his company for just over a month. Maybe it was wrong for him to sleep with an employee because he had all the power in the relationship. But he couldn't imagine anyone taking advantage of Jennie. And no matter what his ethics told him, he simply didn't have the strength to resist her.

The buttons of her jacket gave way to his fingers and she shrugged out of it. Beneath her jacket she wore a skimpy camisole. And no bra. The straps slipped down her arm, allowing him to nudge the fabric aside and free one of her breasts. Her body was willowy, slender without being petite, and her breasts matched it. They were neither too small nor too large, but fit perfectly into his hands. But it wasn't enough. He wanted more.She gasped as he took her nipple into his mouth. Her head was thrown back, her inky hair spilling over her shoulders, her dark eyes drifting closed. After only six weeks, he knew her expressions well enough to know how aroused she was.

He ran a hand up her leg, making her squirm. She wiggled, tugging her skirt to her hips and granting him access to the silken fabric of her panties. He yanked them down and then delved into the folds of her flesh. She was already damp with need, quivering at his touch. The feel of her, the scent of her, spiked his desire.

He reached for his belt, but her hands were already there. She slid his zipper down and a moment later cupped his penis in her hand. He stilled as his breath caught and her touch sent a shudder through his body. A few minutes later, he was sheathed inside of her, their bodies moving against each other in rhythmic passion. He was lost to her touch. As she was to his.

"Do you think anyone missed us?" Her voice sounded gravelly to her own ears, thick with recently sated desire.

She lay beside Taehyung on the floor of his office, nearly naked, her clothes scattered around her. Her very blood felt sluggish and lazy, so it was all she could do to roll over and drape herself on his chest.

"God, I hope not."

His voice rumbled through his chest and she felt the words forming inside of him even as his breath brushed against the top of her head. It was a very intimate experience, listening to someone talk while laying half on top of him. This kind of physical closeness was new to her. It thrilled her as much as it terrified.

But she couldn't let herself think about that now.

"I should be very angry with you," she muttered.

His hand moved in lazy circles up and down her arm. "Why?"

"Because this was supposed to be a quickie. I shouldn't have been away from the party this long." Though only an hour had passed, she couldn't possibly go back now.

After a quickie in his office, she might have been able to repair her appearance. But not now.

Her hair, which took so long to straighten every morning, was helplessly mussed. Her clothes were wrinkled beyond repair. And worst of all, the last time he'd made her come, she'd cried. Actual tears. She'd managed to hide them from Taehyung, but her emotions had ruined her makeup. Anyone who saw her leaving his office now would know exactly what they'd been doing.

That would be disastrous.

She didn't even allow herself to consider the tears she'd cried and what they might mean. She wasn't a crier. She hadn't cried when her childhood cat, Jia, died last summer. Why would she cry now? Suddenly uncomfortable, she pressed her palm to Taehyung's chest and pushed herself to a seated position. Her muscles protested at having to move again after being turned into Jell–O, but she ignored them as she looked for her clothes.

"Don't go," Taehyung said from behind her.

"I have to. We can't sleep on the floor."

"That's not what I meant."

She stilled in the process of picking up her camisole. She'd known what he'd meant. Pushing her arms through the straps, she said, "You've never asked me to stay before."

"You made the terms of our arrangement clear from the beginning."

Yes, she certainly had.

Now, as she stepped into her skirt, she glanced over her shoulder. He'd scooted to rest his back against the front of the sofa. One leg was bent at the knee, his arm resting on it. There were no lights on in the room, but the last remnants of sunlight filtered through the reflective windows casting interesting shadows across his face and naked chest. The mole that was across his nose seemed to shine white against the white of his skin, making him look dangerous. Like one of the pirates from the romance novels she'd read as a teenager. Back when she believed in true love and happily–ever–afters."This is how it has to be." Something unfamiliar and needy tightened in her chest, but she pushed it aside as efficiently as she tugged up the zipper of her skirt. "If I'd known who you were I never would have gotten involved with you."

"So you've said. Numerous times."

She focused on dressing, on creating some semblance of respectability, but she could hear his exasperation.

Their relationship had been a fluke from the beginning. An accident of nature. On the way to her interview with Kim Enterprises, she'd gotten stranded at the Seoul airport. She'd met Taehyung at a restaurant where they'd shared a table. She'd been drawn to him from the moment she'd introduced herself and begged for one of the few empty seats in the overcrowded terminal.

Excited by the prospect of launching a new life, she'd felt reckless and free. An affair with a handsome stranger was a temptation she simply hadn't been able to resist.

It was unlike anything she'd ever done in her well–structured life. But she hadn't regretted it. Until her first day at Kim Enterprises when she met her new boss for the first time.

Now, she shoved her right foot into her shoe, but then couldn't find the left. No matter where she looked it wasn't there. Twitchy with frustration, she dropped to her knees to look under his desk."I can't be involved with my boss," she said, partly to herself. "If anyone finds out we're sleeping together, my career here will be over."

"Your career here will be over only when I say it's over."

"You don't understand. I just left a job at FMT where everyone assumed I held my position only because my half brother was the CEO." No shoe under the table. She crawled the few steps to the sofa and crouched lower to peer underneath. "If people learn we're lovers, it'll be the same thing all over again."

"No one will treat you with disrespect. I'll make sure of that."

"No one would be openly disrespectful. But I'd still get a reputation for sleeping my way to the top." Still, no shoe. What was she supposed to do, leave the building barefoot? It was bad enough her hair was a mess and her makeup streaked. She'd never be able to explain away missing clothes. She was supposed to be master of her own destiny. She refused to be brought down by a single shoe. Rocking back on her heels, she rubbed her fingertips across the tension knotting her forehead.

"Looking for this?"

She looked up to see Taehyung, now dressed in only his pants, holding her shoe in his hand."Yes. Thank you." But her tone didn't hide the strain she felt. She stood to take the shoe. "I should be more careful, or we'll never keep this a secret."

But when she reached for the shoe, he pulled it back, instead holding out something in his other hand. "What if I'm done keeping this a secret?"

Her gaze dropped from his eyes to the tiny box he held in his hands. It was a jewelry box. The kind wedding rings came in.