5

{Ivy's pov}

I stared at my parents in shock as my mom gave me a wide smile while my dad stood beside her, giving me an almost sympathetic one. She didn't give me a chance to say anything before she was in my house, hugging me and kissing my cheek. "H-hi mom." I said, still in shock.

My dad and brother followed into the house, giving me knowing smirks. I was in awe at how much Elijah really looked like dad. They had the same short, brown hair and deep brown eyes. I was closer to my mom's height and image. Sharing the long, brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Hey baby, you look beautiful." my dad complimented, kissing my cheek and standing next to my mom. Finally, Elijah.

I was able to stand back and look at all of them. "What are you guys doing here? You didn't call or anything." I said, knowing Mom would usually call, so they had a place to stay. "We decided to surprise you. Is that an issue?" She asked, putting a hand on her chest in fake hurt.

She walked towards the living room and looked back at me, eyebrow raised. "Who's this, sweetie?" I walked over to where she was looking at Adaliah, sitting bolt straight on the couch.

"This is my friend, Adaliah. Adaliah, this is my mom, Peyton, dad, Jake, and Elijah. Everyone Adaliah." My mom smiled sweetly and pulled Ada into a tight hug.

"It's so nice to meet you." I could see Adaliah blushing with embarrassment.
"So what brings y'all down here? What's the surprise?" I asked, looking over all of them.

My mom just gave me an even wider smile and looked at my brother. "Do you want to tell her, or can I do it?"
I looked over to Elijah, eyebrow raised as I waited for someone to say something. He gave me a shy smile and sighed.

"Uh, I'm getting married." He announced, my face dropping in shock and soon lifting in a surprised smile.
"Oh my god, to who?" I asked, hugging him in congratulations.

"To Betty, the girl we used to play with as kids. We reconnected a few years ago, and we've been dating ever since. I proposed to her last year."

"Why'd you wait to tell me?" I asked, looking over his and my parent's faces.
"I thought it would be better seeing as you were just getting your brand up and your company was taking off, I didn't want you to stop the process for me." Elijah said. I just smiled wider and laughed.

I just went forward and gave him a hug. We all then walked to the couch and began catching up while Adaliah went up to the room.

My family stuck around for a little while longer until my dad started to get tired, and it grew closer to midnight. I walked them to the door and gave them a final hug before closing the door and walking back to the couch. I just stared at the blank TV and thought about all the conversations tonight.

I couldn't believe that my brother was getting married, and then I got an idea.

{Adaliah's pov}

I walked back downstairs and saw Mommy sitting by herself. She seemed to be deep in thought before she noticed me walking towards her. She looked over at me and smiled, opening her arm so I could easily slide under it.

"Are you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on her thigh and rubbing small circles on it. She placed her hand over mine and smiled softly, leaning over and kissing my forehead.

"I'm okay, Angel. Are you ready to lay down?"

Before I could answer, I yawned into my hand. Mommy just laughed a little and stood up. I took her extended hand and got up before we began our journey to the room.

When we got there, I took off my shorts and bra and slid into my side as Mommy went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She soon came back out and got in behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist and putting her head over mine.

"Goodnight, Angel. I love you." She whispered, kissing my cheek.

"I love you too."