Chap 10

Hye, cupcakes.

Finally, I'm going to update the last chapter. It took me a long to update cause I was waiting for the newest chapter to reach 8.4k, and it strikes the targeted goal sooner than I expected.

Buckle up and enjoy.

_______________

Four years later,

Certain someone was sitting in the back row in a large auditorium. There were some workers from the event management company preparing for the anniversary celebration at the hospital.

There was a large banner in the middle of the stage. It has the wordings as, 'SB IVF Campaign's 3rd Success Anniversary'.

There are still eight more hours before the anniversary function begins. The workers from the event management company were checking the final details and going through the sound systems in the auditorium before they hand it over to the hospital management team.

The person sitting at the last rows was blankly staring at the stage with little to no thought of leaving the place. He was in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize the tall person walking towards him.

"How long have you been sitting here, Ai'Kit? It's still early for our morning sign-in time, na," questioned the tall person.

"Ohh, Ai'Pha. I came early to monitor the preparation before the morning rounds," replied Kit rather absent-mindedly.

Phana sat beside him and look through the auditorium with a tired face. Working overtime every day could make someone tired.

"He should be here, na. It was supposed to be all three of us, sitting here and checking the final preparation. He didn't keep his promise," stated Kit in monotone. But, Phana could hint at the sadness underneath his poker face and monotone.

"It has been three years, Ai Kit. Let's forgive him. Let's not blame him anymore. We can't change back the time, na weh," explained Phana with a sad smile.

"It is his project, Ai'Pha," stated Kit, upset as he looks at his best friend.

"I know, and I'm sure that he is happy wherever that he is," consoled Phana.

"I know. I miss Beam so much. That asshole owes me a lifetime," replied Kit as he smiled a little.

"Let's go back to our department. We have residents to teach and interns to look after," stated Phana as he nudges Kit. They are the attending of their department under the hospital chief. Any of them could become the next chief in 10 years or sooner. It depends on Kim Sa Bu, Dr. Kim.

"Hmm, ma (come)," said Kit as he put on his doctor's coat and collects his stuff.

They both miss their best friend. It was their legendary Crazy-Doctor-Trio gang. They were not the only ones that yearn for him. Both the friends left the auditorium to resume their daily life.

~

"Why is our CEO so gloomy today? He was so quiet and seemed so sad throughout the meeting. Is this any peculiar day to be sad?" asked one of the workers in the lobby area on their way to lunch break.

"Not, exactly. It's SB IVF anniversary day," replied another worker.

"The In-Vitro project that our company sponsors? Isn't that one of our successful projects?" asked the third worker.

"It is. You guys are new here. It might seem weird to be sad on a successful anniversary ceremony day. But, it's not for our CEO. It's better to avoid gossiping about this day in front of him," said the second worker who has been working there for years.