🌈 BREAK | December 1 - December 31

Welcome to Astania Book Club: Unicorn Guild !

Happy holidays from the Astania Community!

🌈 NEWS 🌈

☆ With the start of the holiday season, we know our members will have other commitments to take care of. This is why the month of December will have no mandatory assignments. Feel free to continue reading member stories, if you want, but it will not be required. For members in probation, you must make up your missed assignments from November or you will be removed from the club. For all other members, feel free to report any stories you're reading, even if they are from users outside of the club!

☆ We are still looking for help with both of our book clubs! If you or someone you know is interested in helping with either Phoenix or Unicorn Guilds, either send us a DM or fill out an application in our hiring book! For members of Phoenix Guild, joining the book club staff will move your story to the Staff Books section, and members can earn extra points by reading your story.

🌈 MEMBERS🌈

Since there are no mandatory assignments this month, we've gathered the stories from all active members! If you need something to read this holiday season, look no further! Stories are sorted by genre.

FANFICTION

Username: -yellowandblue- 
Nickname: Reed
Pronouns: he/they
Book: Take Two
Genre: Fanfiction
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Death, violence, language, abuse
Logline: None provided

FANTASY

Username: seaselene 
Nickname: Lavender
Pronouns: she
Book: Heaven in Abyss, Hell in Paradise
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Historical
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Given when required
Logline: Water Master wants peace in her life, which seems to run away as Ghost King of Hell arrives in Heaven for a peace treaty.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: Coco_da_cat 
Nickname: Coco
Pronouns: she/her
Book: Twisted Destiny
Genre: Fantasy
Mature: No
Trigger Warnings: Violence, blood, self-harm
Logline: Lantana's kingdom is being wrecked, and she will do anything to help save it, no matter the circumstances. With the help of her best friend, a handmaiden, and the general, who has a shady past, they will have to embark on a journey to help save the kingdom.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: Ink3dverse 
Nickname: Inky
Pronouns:
Book: The Crypt Of Lysidamus
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Death (yet to be added), emotional manipulation
Logline: To find the missing bounty of Thullium, PI Cien will have to fight the mysterious zone of no return: Eblis.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: SillySn4ke 
Nickname: SillySn4ke
Pronouns: she/her
Book: The Short Demon King
Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Romance
Mature: No
Trigger Warnings: Very slight violence
Logline: While invading the Western Kingdom with his army of central demons, Jaye gets transported to the Living Realm, having to work alongside unlikely allies to make it back home.

MYSTERY/THRILLER

Username: katlibxy 
Nickname: Katt
Pronouns: she/her
Book: Black Room
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Violence, murder
Logline: In the City of Fernia, a team of detectives keeps safe and catches the perpetrators of crimes happening in the city. In an unforeseen event, a secret organization will test their skills for being a detective.

NEW ADULT

Username: Watts_Writes 
Nickname: Watts
Pronouns: she/her
Book: Shadow Touched
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Language, violence, scenes of a sexual nature
Logline: An exiled former lady at court and renowned thief is summoned back home and reunited with the man she loves, only to discover an ancient curse threatens the entire kingdom and her last chance at happiness.

ROMANCE

Username: MilaForLife (STAFF)
Nickname: Mila
Pronouns: she/her
Book: TrustFall
Genre: Romance
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Sexual content, swear words, minor violence
Logline: Audrey and Scarlett meet at a local café and become instantly enamored with one another. However, they both have had their hearts broken by their ex-girlfriends that caused them to develop relationship issues, and there is also one more problem: Audrey has a boyfriend.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: reveriestuck 
Nickname: Reverie
Pronouns: they
Book: Charmer
Genre: LGBTQ Romance
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Descriptions of addiction
Logline: University musician Atlas, with a forbidden power to control minds, is summoned to the King's court. Teamed with Prince Kaito, they seek a cure for a deadly ailment Atlas suffers from, while avoiding detection by another prince determined to expose him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: chxrr_yy29 
Nickname: Ella
Pronouns: she/her
Book: Dark Desires
Genre: Romance
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Violence, language, sexual content
Logline: What happens when Natalya's brother negotiates a deal with the boss, Massimo, and she is forced to marry the boss' most brutal capo?

SCIENCE FICTION

Username: Ink3dverse 
Nickname: Inky
Pronouns:
Book: The Twin Paradox
Genre: Science Fiction, Mystery
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Death, blood, emotional manipulation
Logline: As Kim Seojin unravels the truth, he must confront the enigma of a man with his face, forcing him to question his very existence. Can he escape the paradox consuming his life?

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Username: EmmeMoore86 
Nickname: Emme
Pronouns: she/her
Book: Repellent
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance
Mature: Yes
Trigger Warnings: Language, violence, death, sexual references, future sex scenes
Logline: After being kidnapped by a bounty hunter from an alien planet, Jade, a lonely human with mysterious origins, develops a connection with another prisoner, a half-man, half-alien, with a repulsive energy that repels others away.

🌈 HIATUS 🌈

None

🌈 PROBATION JAIL 🌈

We did not receive enough reports from the following members. If you do not complete the missed assignment, you will be removed from the club for inactivity. If you wish to leave the club, please let us know.

To be removed from probation, please complete the missed assignments and make your reports in an inline comment by your name. Once you complete the missed assignment, you will be re-added in the next assignment.

reveriestuck reads Heaven in Abyss, Hell in Paradise by seaselene
(Needs chapters 21-22, one quality comment each)

katlibxy reads The Twin Paradox by Ink3dverse 
(Needs 6 chapters)