CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

Meanwhile, Tuas and Cira are the only Yhemlen left in the city of Pangaea. The flying fortress moves through the galaxy with rapid pace, warping cosmic interference at high speed. Its space elevator is also a mechanism for applying the electromagnetic field necessary for the warp mechanism to propel them forward. As it spins, the artificial canopy that covers both the main city and the space station in a clear bubble does not rupture. The Mariner ahead of Tuas and Cira is superimposed by robust pillars and thick walls, that way the inhabitants are not exposed to the radiation of space. There is nowhere for them to escape to.

The Delta star of Deneb Algedi is being pulled by other forces nearby. When Tuas toggles his positioning device toward the appropriate planet, their dramatic drop in speed almost shatters the clear shield. They won't be able to go anywhere else in outer space for a long time. When they finally land, they'll be sitting ducks. By now, Earth has already been struck by the enormous asteroid that leveled the planet. Tuas and Cira are just glad to have salvaged Pangaea from its destruction and escaped The Concord and its Grey Order.

"Approaching the target," he says to Cira. "The planet is being compressed by a binary star! The habitat is going to be unstable."

"We need to land now, Tuas."

As they approach the point of rupturing the atmosphere, the fortress changes directions in open space. The Mariner parks itself in the upper atmosphere of the luminous planet where it stays immobile. This allows the rest of Pangaea to drop below the atmosphere, releasing the retractable space elevator, punching the clear shield of Pangaea back to the soil. The chosen planet is denser than Earth, but conditions are suitable for Pangaea, for the time being. Variations in temperature and atmospheric composition can be withstood so long as there's a decent section of land to plow its enormous rods into the soil. A mapping system coordinates the most suitable area.

Tuas and Cira are silent, covered in metal suits that clank with every move. As the dungeon shakes on landing, a final thrust of steam alerts them they've made it safely. Pangaea has successfully fled Earth's cataclysm and is in the constellation of Capricorn. Life's got a funny way of doing things. These two Yhemlen have withstood everything together if only the rest of the Overseers could've joined them. They've survived.

Their sworn enemies in the Grey Order aren't as tranquil. Madame Ria and Jasper are some of the few in the Grey Order that didn't fall for the suicidal trap into Pangaea. Despite altering the timeline successfully to remove the Yhemlen, life wasn't annihilated according to plan. The Yhemlen have been spread all about the galaxy. The few that will survive won't live very long after escaping the clutches of destruction. Yhemlen generations have been forever tainted as a single mantra to power, and the nation of Pangaea is no more at last.

Grandmaster Frost's consciousness is strong among The Concord members that stood by his legacy as his voice continues to reverberate. Except Ria has not given up her belief that he can be brought back. The CPU dungeon in the depths of the low orbit station is tempting her to visit again. This time, she's going to enter without Jasper. The Heinemann were the preeminent warrior family, and she doesn't plan on tarnishing that reputation. Madame Ria suspects that she could use some motivational words from an elder. The Concord will last under the moniker of the master race only so long as they thrive as a dominant force throughout the universe. The Grey Order is poised to reap the benefits of their travels. Unlike the Yhemlen, humans aren't as keen on fighting a war that's evaded their history, there's no passion there, but Xavier Moth warranted further scrutiny into these seven hybrids who shapeshifted. Ria needs to make peace with her inner enemies, the thoughts holding her back. After the final death blow of the asteroid occurred, the urge to retaliate has grown so much that, perhaps she can be the new leader the Grey Order needs.