A Gamer's Journey

Da somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... Altro

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck

76 6 0
Da somepersonwhowrites

A/n: I'm sorry this chapter took a while to make, a lot of stuff came up and I don' think I can make a chapter for awhile. It's gonna take some time to make a new chapter.

Chapter 54

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

5:00 am

(Ivan's POV)

I splash some of the lake's water onto my face to wake me up. The engine of a motorcycle roared behind me, the shadows of birds loomed over me. I wipe my face with the sleeve of my shirt. I get and turn around. A brown motorcycle with a horse's head on top stood right behind me. I step to the side and walk towards my sleeping bag. I roll the bag back up and put it in my Inventory. The engine of the motorcycle roared again, the wheels crunched on the grass. I turn around to see the motorcycle slowly inch towards me. Jen walked to my side and patted the horse's head. I take out a poster and prop it up against a tree. I walk back and take out a few rocks with hieroglyphs.

"You think we should kill the horse?" Jen asked. I aim one rock at the poster. I send a burst of air through my fingers, the rock was sent flying towards the poster. I will the poster to activate, the rock went into the poster. I ready another rock as I responded.

"Why should we?" I send another rock flying toward the poster. I read another one and did the same process.

"I don't think it can bend its neck." I look over as I send another rock into the poster.

"So?"

"It's can't eat hay, fruits, or anything unless it's held up to its mouth." I send another rock into the poster. I use the wind to make the poster fly into my hand. I put the poster in my Inventory and take out another poster. I place the poster against the tree with the wind. I create a sharp icicle. I place the icicle in my palm and send a blast of wind. The icicle flew through the air and into the poster.

"We can just give it to someone else." I send another icicle into the poster. "We don't have to take care of it either way. Just leave it here."

"But I don't want it to starve."

"Then kill it or take it with you." Jen stayed silent for a moment. I sent two icicles into the poster before she responded.

"I-I'm going to kill it." She said with a sigh. I nod as I use the wind to send the poster flying into my hand. I put it in my Inventory as I whistled for Sombra. Sombra rose from the ground just a few feet away from me. I fly up onto Sombra as Jen led the motorcycle horse behind a tree. The sounds of gunshots echoed through the forest, Sombra whined as Jen walked towards her horse with tears in her eyes. I softly rub Sombra's mane. I wonder what would have happened to the horse if we just left it?

Jen got on her horse and rubbed its side. I look up as the sound of squawks could be heard from those weird lizard birds.

"What about those things Jen?" I say as I point up. Jen looked up.

"Just leave them. They either destroy the forest or someone else will get them." I nod as Sombra started jogging.

"How are they going to destroy the forest though?"

7:03 am

My eyes were instantly blinded by the light as Sombra burst out of the forest. I blink several times before my eyes finally adjusted to the light. I found myself to be in a sandy, barren place with tiny hills. There were a few cacti but not enough so that I would accidentally bump into one. Sombra kicked sand up into the air each step. Jen was slightly behind me.

I tap Sombra's side, Sombra sped up. I could barely keep track of his legs. I bounced up and down for every step Sombra took. I spot a brick building that appears in the distance. Clouds of sand trailed behind the horses of other contestants. The town is so close! I frown at the contestants nearing the town. I don't think I can catch up to them at this rate. The wind whooshed in my ears as Sombra sped up. I look down in disappointment.

I notice how the flaps of the saddle wagged in the wind. I smile as I take out two posters. I place one underneath my thigh as I held the other poster in one hand. I point my free hand towards the town, I make a close fist and stick out my middle finger. I form a wind arrow on the tip of my finger and spin it around. The arrow slowly spun in place, in just a few seconds the arrow was furiously spiraling around my finger. The wind emitting from the arrow picked up sand as it got faster and faster. The poster in my hand flapped widely as the arrow started to turn an ugly shade of brown. The wind let out a loud boom as the arrow left my finger. I let go of the poster just in time for the arrow to drag the poster with it. I squint as the arrow quickly caught up with the contestants. The arrow disappeared as the poster was the only thing left gliding in the air. I quickly grab the poster underneath my thigh and put the poster over Sombra's head. I quickly hug Sombra's neck just in time for the poster to cover my neck. I snap my fingers, my vision quickly turned white. I found myself in the middle of nowhere. I spot Jen in the distance. Sombra quickly turned around and ran towards the town. There were only 4 people ahead of me.

Two people were on one horse, the rest rode on one horse. One pulled out a revolver and aimed it at another contestant. The contestant didn't bother looking at the gun as the person pulled the trigger.

The contestant who pulls the trigger fell off his horse with blood flying out of his head. The contestant who was supposed to be shot kept on riding his horse like nothing was wrong.

I put my middle finger in their direction and form a wind arrow. I spin the arrow until the arrow was picking up sand from the ground. The air let out a whip sound as the arrow was sent flying towards the people sharing a horse. The person who was shot at was dragged off his horse as the arrow traveled towards the two people. The person on the back turned around and pointed his finger at me. He suddenly turned around as the person on the front released an aura of smoke. My arrow quickly turned around, the person who was dragged with it went back to the place before he was dragged off his horse. He floated in the air for a second before he violently started to spin in random directions. His horse stopped and walked back to him.

Sombra swiftly ran to the side, the wind arrow whooshed by my head before it disappearing. The guy on the back of the horse turned around and pointed his index finger at me. The bright, yellow circle formed around his finger. The guy on the front released some steam from his body. More circles formed along his arm. The circles suddenly left him the second he aimed towards me. The circles quickly flew in the air, before the circles could touch me, Sombra quickly made a wall of sand. I heard the wall let out a thud, the middle of the wall slowly started spinning, it only took a second before the entirety of the wall started to spin. Sombra ran to the side of the wall.

My eyes widened as those circles came out of nowhere and hit me straight in the chest. Sombra ran forward as I was left floating in the air. My body violently spun to the side. I quickly use wind cannon to launch myself to the side. My body stopped spinning as I landed face-first onto the sand. I smile as I get back up on my sand. Sombra rushed to my side. Before I could get back onto Sombra, I started to float up into the air. I try grabbing onto the saddle, I barely missed the saddle before I was back in the same spot where I was first hit with the circles. My body spun to the side again as I made a sharp icicle. Before I could aim it at the people on the horse backs My body suddenly stopped spinning. The icicle twisted my hand, I quickly let go of the te icicle before it could twist my hand all the way. I land on the ground and stare up at the icicle in confusion.

Why did I stop spinning while the icicle started spinning? Did I pass the effect on? I scramble back up and quickly get back onto Sombra. Sombra took off towards the town. I look back towards the guy who got hit by the circles. He moved in a blur, he moved so fast it looked like he was still.

Sombra quickly caught up to the two people sharing the horse. I took out a spear as I got close to him. Sombra suddenly sped up, I swung my spear at the guy in the back. The tip of the spear struck his sides, he groaned as I used Wind Cannon to send him flying off the horse. The guy in front looked over his shoulder. He didn't show any reaction. Sombra sped up a little, I pull my arm back, before I could thrust the spear into his sides, the guy on the back on the horse suddenly floated back onto the horses back with circles around his arms. Before I could react, the circles left his arms and went through my shoulder. The force of the circles knocked me off my horse and onto the sand.

I prepared an icicle in my hand before I started spinning. For some reason, I didn't start spinning. I quickly get back up and get onto Sombra. Sombra ran off, I notice how big the town got. I spot the two people take a step into town. I sigh as a box appeared.

Win the first part of the race!

Rewards:

Failure consequences:

Nothing

I close the box as Sombra slowed to a steady jog when Sombra entered the town. Sombra jogged to the side and stopped. I look behind me. Jen's horse and Jen looked tiny, they slowly got bigger with each step. Sombra gasped for air. I got off Sombra and stood by. Should I wait to go forward? I could wait for Jen the leave. I haven't see Dominique this entire race either. Now that I think about it, can't he run really fast? What's the point of using a horse when you're faster than one? I rub my eyes. I notice more clouds of sand rise up into the air behind Jen.

I could get a head start now, but what if those people attack me? I grab Sombra's saddle and lead him to a nearby alley. I take out a bag of chips and open the bag.

I should probably rest now and start again when Jen comes.

7:56 am

I lay my head down on Sombra's neck as Jen cracked her neck. I shake my legs a bit to stop them from falling asleep. A group of horses quickly rushed by. My legs shook as more people rushed by us. I look over to Jen.

"Do we have to wait for Dominque?"

"I'm going to say this one last time, yes we do. We don't want to be attacked with just us, just having anyone would help a lot."

I groan loudly as I pick my head back up.

I spot a cloud of sand rises up in the air with Dominque right in front.

"Oh, hey Jen?"

"What now?"

"Can't Dominque run faster than a horse? Wouldn't it just be easier for him to run?"

"He still has to actually run that distance, just because he can run really fast doesn't mean he has a lot of stamina." She stopped for a second to take a breather. "If anything he would do worse if he was on the ground. He just moves his legs really fast, his mind doesn't catch up. It just blurs to him when he uses it."

"Ohh, does he also get tired more easily?"

"Yep, it's more working forcing your legs to go fast, don't get me started on how the area around him affects him."

"He has no protection right?"

"Yep."

"Does that mean that he's running into bugs in the air and stuff like that?"

"Yep."

"His power sounds awful."

"Yep."

8:08 am

I put on a blue beanie, I made sure that the beanie was over my ears. I stuck my hands in the pockets of my hoodie. I look over towards Jen as Dominque was climbing onto his horse.

"Why is the next town in a snowy place? I thought Texas didn't have any snow."

"I have no idea either," She responded.

"You guys ready?" Dominique asked.

I and Jen nodded as Dominique's horse started to run outside of the town. I and Jen quickly followed him out into the desert. I quickly started sweating from the heat covering my body. I push up my sleeves and take off my beanie. I close my eyes as the sunlight brightened. I open them back up after a few seconds. There was nothing but sand and cacti.

I sigh as I look up towards the sky. I wish there was something to do. I look back down in front of me. How do people keep themselves entertained doing this? There's nothing to do. I take a second to look around. At least there is no one around but still. I squint at the sight of bright yellow in the distance. There were patches of green scattered in the yellow.

Just beyond the yellow was a steep hill that went flat at the top. I caught glimpses of snow on top along with more hills that seemed to be scattered randomly. How can there be snow when it's near a desert? I take a deep breath and push the thought to the side.

After a few minutes, we exited the desert and entered the yellow patches. I look down at the yellow, after just a few seconds of looking I noticed that it was just sunflowers. I look back up as Sombra slowed down and slowly went up the hill. I felt the cold slowly cover my body the higher we went. I roll down my sleeves and put on my beanie. I felt Sombra slightly struggle as the kirin went up the hill. After what felt like forever Sombra finally reached the top. I notice snowflakes slowly fall from the sky. I'm really glad I have this beanie now.

Sombra moved slower in the snow, but it didn't look like Sombra was struggling too much. On top of the hill was another forest with huge Spruce and Oak trees. I, Jen, and Dominque entered the forest. Sombra swiftly ran through the forest with little effort, it felt like the trees were moving just so they could avoid Sombra. I notice that there was a huge crowd of people talking amongst themselves. Sombra stopped along with Jen's and Dominique's horse.

"Why do you think they're just standing still?" Dominique asked. I get off Sombra and land in the snow.

"I have no idea, but I could check."

"Go ahead." I nod as I start walking towards the group.

I felt the top of my head tingle just a few steps away from the group. I step to the side just in time to dodge a pile of snow from falling from my head. I sigh in relief. Thank god it was just snow. I take one step forward. The lower half of my body suddenly sunk into the ground. I quickly use Wind Cannon and launch myself out of the hole. I notice a huge dent in the ground where I got trapped. Really? Just a hole? I thought I was getting attacked.

I cautiously walk towards the group. In the middle of the group was a person looking like he was trying to push something an invisible wall. Sweat poured off the person as they struggled to move forward. I stretch out my hand and walk forward in the direction the guy was pushing on. My hand suddenly stopped me from going forward. I try pushing forward, it only felt like I was fighting against a brick wall. I stop and take a step back. An invisible barrier? I bend down and start digging at the snow beneath the barrier. Does it cover the whole area or just the top?

I scream out in pain as I felt a sharp sting went down my hand. A rabbit suddenly came out from the snow and hopped away. I look down at my hand, a tiny stream of blood came out of a tiny gash. Did it bit through my Ice Exoskeleton? My mind immediately flashes to the thoughts of rabies and diseases. I quickly take out an Insta-heal, before I could put the needle into my skin, a red blur suddenly smacked my skin. The tiny gash instantly healed, I look up and see Dominique with his boxing gloves.

"Please tell me you just took out the diseases that rabbit gave me."

"You're gonna be fine, already took it out with my punch." I smile as bent down. "Move let me do this." I get up and step to the side. Dominique clawed at the snow beneath the barrier, a red blur leaps out of the snow and onto Dominique's face. I quickly sent a wind arrow towards the blur. My eyes widen as the arrow hit a red fox. The arrow went through the fox, the fox went limp and fell onto Dominique's lap. Dominique grabbed the fox's body and threw it to the side. I gulp at the sight.

"I'm a sorry fox," I mutter under my breath as a pool of blood gathered around the fox. I shouldn't tell Goldie about this. The fox had bright orange fur along with intelligent orange eyes to compliment it. The fox whimpered as its leg twitched. I send another wind arrow straight through its head. The fox went quiet. I look back towards Dominque. His hand looked like it was struggling against something.

"There's a barrier right?"

"Yeah." Dominique sighed as he got back up. "How do we get through?" I asked.

"We could just wait until the user decides to take it down, or we can kill the user." I sigh as I step forward and touch the barrier. I wonder if I can use Inspect on it? Surprisingly a box came up for the barrier.

Soul Barrier

A barrier made from Soul. The barrier can not be broken unless the user takes down the barrier or if the user is killed. The user's name is Ken Wright.

"Dominique, look for someone named Ken Wright."

"How did you even get that name?"

"It's a demigod thing."

"Mmhmm." Dominique turned towards the group and walked towards them. I quickly followed after them. I walk up behind a person and use Inspect on them while Dominique started talking to random people. The second I saw the person's name I moved on to another person.

It took me a while but eventually, I used Inspect on everyone there. I didn't find a single person named Ken Wright. I start to walk back toward Sombra when I notice a hawk swoop down and take a bag from two Indians. Tears formed in one of their eyes as the other one stared up and at the sky blankly. Their bodies looked like they have gone weeks without food, it took all their energy to stay awake. I ignore them and walk back towards Sombra. Maybe the user is hiding somewhere?

I walk up to Jen, she was sitting on her horse idly looking at the ground.

"Jen?" She looked up and looked in my direction.

"Use your drone to check if anyone is hiding." Her drone with the spiky hat appeared by her side. The drone flew up into the sky as a holographic screen hovered over her left eye. I waited a few seconds for her response. "I do see two people far from the group, I don't think they're hiding though."

"I think we should check upon them." She shrugged as her drone floated back down. Dominique came up and got on his horse.

"Did you guys find who we were looking for?" Dominique asked.

"I don't think we did, we did find people far from the group." I walk over to Sombra and slightly struggled to climb to the top. Why can't Sombra be just a bit smaller? Jen turned her horse, Dominique struggled to get his horse to turn. "Pretty sure they're this way." She said as her horse started to walk. I and Dominque quickly followed her. Jen's black robot appeared by her side while Dominique got out his boxing gloves. I took out my spear the second I saw two guys sitting by a campfire. I quickly recognize them as the people sharing the horse.

One person was wearing a leather coat with long pants. He had white skin and dark brown eyes. His black hair was neatly tied up in a man bun. I remember him as the person sitting on the back. The other person was wearing a blue hoodie with blue pants to go along with the hoodie. He had pale skin along with blue eyes. His blond hair was mostly covered by the blue beanie he was wearing. I remember him being the person in the front.

They quickly look up at us, the guy in the coat pointed his finger at Dominque as the other guy quickly ran behind him and made a snowball. He rose his arm up in preparation to throw the ball. I quickly use Inspect on them before any of us or they could do anything.

I froze up as I saw that they were too high level to see anything about them. I hold up my hand and made a 'Stop' gesture. They nod, they still looked ready to attack but they waited patiently.

"What are your names?" I ask with a stern tone. The guy wearing the coat was the first to respond.

"My name's Ron." After a bit of hesitation, the guy in the hoodie answered.

"My name is Abraham, why?" I put my spear back in my Inventory. Ron lowered his arm while Abraham kept his arm up.

"We're looking for someone named Ken." Jen put away her drone, Dominique still had his boxing gloves out.

"Oh, is he the guy making the barrier?" Dominque stopped me from responding.

"Yeah, he is we just thought one of you was Ron since you two were away from the rest." Abraham shook his head.

"We're away from everyone because it's quieter over here." Dominique sighed he put away his gloves, Abraham also put his arm down.

Ron pointed to the fire.

"You guys wanna stay? It's getting kind of boring with just us." Abraham glanced at Ron before sitting down by the fire. Before I could say no Dominique responded.

"Sure, it's fucking cold right out here."

12:34 pm

I put my PSP in my Inventory as it ran out of battery. I hug my blanket close to me as Dominique puts down a card. Ron looked at the cards in his hand before setting a card down. I felt a sense of dread wash over as the wind suddenly picked up. My body felt heavy, I sensed a dark feeling was over the area as the snow lifted up into the air. My body shook with each passing second. I frantically look around trying to find the source. Everyone else acted normal. The sky suddenly darkened, the snow obscured my vision, I had to squint just to see a few feet in front of me.

I look over to Jen and say her name. She looked in my direction with a confused face.

"What?"

"Can you use your drone to look over the area?" A drone appeared by her side and quickly flew up into the sky. Abraham looked in my and Jen's direction.

"Ivan, why the drones?"

"I just feel something, don't you feel too?" Abraham shook his head.

"So you're just going off a hunch."

"Yeah." Abraham shrugged as he got closer to the fire. The wind suddenly put out the fire. "Dominique, can you start a fire?" Jen asked nicely as her drone scanned the area. Dominique set his cards down as he formed a boxing glove in one hand. He punched the wood, a fire quickly came from the punch. I suddenly hear a shriek from Jen. I heard a loud thud come from the snow just a few feet away from Jen. Another thud came from the snow but this one was softer. I look over to see the drone with a huge dent, a bird was right by the sides of the drone. Its beak was smashed to bits, the front part of its head was caved in. I quickly put my blanket in my Inventory and quickly stood up. Ron looked over at the bird.

"Shame." That was all Ron said. Jen quickly formed her black drone and looked around. Abraham had a confused look on his face.

"Why are you worrying?" He asked Jen.

"I'm going to worry if someone who is a demigod is worrying." His eyes widen as he looked over at me.

"A demi-god! So you're like, the brother of Jesus?" I look over in his direction.

"The wrong god," I responded. Ron looked over in Abraham's direction.

"He means he's the son of Zeus."

"Also wrong god. I'm the son of Fūjin."

"Who's that?" Abraham asked.

"Shinto god of the wind."

"Never heard of it," Ron said.

"I don't blame you."

I take out my spear as I tried to see into the darkness. I got a box saying that Wind's Kiss activated. I notice a black shadow walk from behind the tree and slowly walk in my direction. I hear the sound of paper flapping quickly approach my direction. I look to the side to see a tent flying through the air. Dominique and Ron were in the tent's path. Dominique jumped to the side while Ron's foot hit the tent. Ron fell to the ground as his foot was dragged back thanks to the tent. Somehow, he was able to get his foot out of the tent's way. Ron screamed, I looked over to see his foot split in half. His shoe dangled off his toes, I froze up when I saw the pink and red flesh inside his toes. I quickly turn around and hide behind a tree. I felt the back of my head tingle. I quickly step to the just in time to dodge a pile of snow from hitting my head, before I could turn around I spot a black shadow like figure with a bowl hat on step out from behind the tree I was just hiding behind. He had a black trench coat along with bright yellow gloves. It had snow-white eyes, the figure didn't have any other facial features. It's back was hunched as it slowly walked towards me. I quickly jump back and the back of my head into a tree. I groan out in pain, my head let out a loud crack. My vision blurred as I ran to the side and away from the figure. I slow down, a painful throb filled my head. I hunched forward and threw up. I wipe the vomit off my mouth, I look around.

Where did that thing go? I stumbled forward. I stop as I felt something wet slide down the back of my head. I lift up my hand and touch the back of my head. I brought up the hand to my eyes and stare at it mindlessly. The hand was drenched with blood

I barely bumped into the tree, how is it this bad? I groan as my headache got worse. I walk towards a tree, does that thing make objects hurt me more? Ron's foot was barely touched and his foot was split in half. I bring up my hand and lightly flick the tree. I yell as my finger bent and my nail broke in half. I quickly take out a medium-sized health potion and drink it. My finger and vision went back to normal, I still felt my head barely leaking out blood, My nail was still cracked in half. I used Air sense to get a better look at my surroundings. I felt someone hunched over just a yard away. It's the same height as Dominique, broad shoulders like Dominique. I think that might be him.

I walk towards the figure in hopes that it was Dominique. I stop dead in my tracks as I saw a white, tall monster with freakishly long nails with its back facing towards me. The monster's ribcage and pelvis stuck out of its skin. Its legs reminded me of a stick. The monster was crouching over something. My legs shook as it threw away a fox's body. The skin and fur on the fox were picked clean. The only things the monster left were the legs and the tail. The monster turned around with a bloody and wide smile; it had sharp, wolf-like teeth. Its teeth had to be as long as my arm. Its cheekbones could easily be seen poking out of its skin. The monster stared straight at me with bright yellow intelligent eyes. I notice how dirty and red its nails were. The creature stood up and slightly grew a few inches. It was easily a few heads taller than me. I quickly turned around in preparation to run away. I quickly turn stop as I see the same shadow-like figure standing behind a tree. The figure made no effort to come near me, it just watched. I quickly look over my shoulder to see the monster sprinting towards me.

Without a second thought, I looked forward and ran in the direction of the figure. Before I could pass the tree the figure was hiding behind, it suddenly reached out and smacked my shoulder. I grit my teeth and put my spear back in my Inventory as I hold my arm. I ignore the pain flaring up from my arm, the monster footsteps quickly got louder. I swiftly turn a corner and fly up. I grab a branch with one arm as the monster turned the same corner. I quickly use my other to take out a few rocks from my Inventory, I drop the rocks down onto the monster. The second rock hit the monster's head, I snapped my finger. I waited for a few seconds, I waited for something to happen, anything to happen. Did it die? I froze up as a box appeared.

Quest accepted!

Kill the Wendigo!

Rewards:

500xp

$200

2 new perks

30 points

Failure:

You will be eaten by the Wendigo

I close the box and pull myself up onto the branch. I look down, the Wendigo quickly scrambled up the tree. It's nails dug deep scratch marks into the tree as it climbed up into the tree. There were large parts of its torso missing, it ignored its pain and climbed the tree. I quickly jump off a tree and fly a few trees away. I land on a branch, the Wendigo quickly jumped from tree to tree. The wendigo jumped to my tree and reached for my leg. I jump up and send out a wind arrow towards its head. The wendigo swiftly scrambled to the side of the tree, its movements kind of reminded me of how a big spider would move. I felt my arm tingle. I glance to the side just in time to see the shadow-like figure walk come out of the tree. I jump off the ground and glide to the ground. The figure stood on the branch while the Wendigo jumped down. I run behind a tree and take out a poster. I swiftly make a knife-like icicle and use the icicle to stick the poster into the tree.

I waited by behind the tree anxiously with my blood flowing down my arm. My nose tingled, I quickly use Wind Cannon to launch myself to the side. The Wendigo swiftly came around the tree and stabbed at the place where I was at. I snap my fingers, the Wendigo was covered with fire as it jumped back. I quickly point my middle finger at the Wendigo and form a spinning Wind Arrow in its direction. A loud whoosh filled the air as the wind picked up the snow and was sent flying towards the Wendigo. The Wendigo quickly crouched down into the snow and punched the snow.

The Wendigo picked something up and stuffed it into its mouth. A red liquid dripped down its chin as it threw a rabbit's body away. Its body slightly grew as it stood back up. The wind arrow that just went past the Wendigo suddenly came back. The snow that was being carried by the arrow hit the Wendigo in the middle of its chest. The Wendigo started turning violently as blood gushed out of its chest. I spot Abraham steps out from behind a tree with smoke pouring off his body. I wait for a box to say that the quest was completed. No box came up.

So it really does want me to kill the Wendigo. I look around for the shadow-like figure. It didn't look like it was anywhere near me. I walk towards the wendigo and stop a few yards away from the monster. I look around for the shadow-like figure before using Inspect on the monster.

Wendigo - Lvl 150

Description- A evil spirit that originated from the First Nations Algonquin Tribes in the Northern forests of Nova Scotia, the East Coast of Canada, and the Great Lakes Region of Canada and the United States. It is said that a Wendigo is created when a person resorts to cannibalism. It was often formed during bitter winters when food is short. In other cultures, a wendigo is formed when a person is too greedy, or gluttonous. The Wendigo is always hungry as it grows to the exact proportion to what they just ate. A Wendigo can only be killed by burning its heart. In modern days, it is known as a culture-bound syndrome as it only appears in the areas of northern Algonquin Indians living in Canada and the northeastern United States. The syndrome is accompanied by depression, violence, a compulsive desire for human flesh, and cannibalism.

Hp:1,790/2,275

Mp:0/0

Stamina: 15,140/15,190

Str: 550

Dex: 5,550

Vit: 2,000

Wis: 120

Int: 50

Luc: 0

I close the box and take out my spear. Abraham appeared by my side with a confused face.

"What are you going to do?"

"Take out its heart." He made a disgusted face. "Can you just make a fire?"

"How' I'm supposed to do that? " I think for a bit.

"Hold on." I like up and slice several branches off the trees. I grab all of them and put them in one big pile. I put my spear on the ground as I made some hand signs. My back arched as the fire came out of my mouth.

"People should not be able to do that," I head Abraham mutter under his breath. The branches burned up as the fire slowly got bigger. I look towards Abraham.

"If I stab the Wendigo, my spear is gonna start spinning, then I'm gonna start spinning, right?" He nodded silently. I pointed to my left pec. "This is where the heart is right?" He pointed to the right side of his left pec.

"Right here."

I look up at the Wendigo.

"Can you stop spinning it then?" He shook his head.

"That thing is gonna attack us the second I let it go."

"Don't even forget about that other thing attacking us. That thing could pop out at any second."

I roll my eyes as step away from the monster and behind Johnny. I notice the shadow-like figure in the corner of my eye. Before it could do anything I use Inspect on it.

Arthur Cooke- Lvl 67

Bad luck token

Description- Ever since Arthur could remember, he has always been an extremely lucky person while the people around him have been killed in violent ways or been extremely injured. It wasn't until he was ten that Arthur awoke to the true nature of his power. Ever since then he was has been busy manipulating other people's luck to their own benefit while barely using the power for himself. His Soul Power is that he can manipulate other people's luck. When their luck is affected, any harm done to them will be amplified by 15x. If he chooses to, he can manipulate the luck in an area. While manipulating the luck in an area, his body gets covered in shadow like armor along with the power to appear anywhere as long as no one sees him.

I quickly point my finger at Arthur and spin a wind arrow around my finger. Arthur tried to back away and hide behind the tree. I shoot my wind arrow right next tree. The wind arrow dragged along Arthur as it went by, I quickly changed the arrow direction back in my direction. I dispelled the arrow as Arthur got closer. Arthur landed on the snow face first.

I quickly rush over and raise my spear over my head. Arthur rolled over and grabbed my leg tightly. I groan out in pain as my leg let out a bone-crunching sound. I quickly jam my spear into his head. His grip loosened before his arm fell to the ground. I force my crushed leg to go up into the air as I sit down. I wince as I pull up my pants. My leg's skin looked like goo; red and pink flesh came out of a wide and long gash. The skin around the gash was covered with dark purple bruises.

I take a deep breath as I felt the cold air surround my leg. I try to take out one Inta-heal. Dozens upon dozens of Insta-heals poured out of my hands. I suddenly felt my thigh on my other leg tingle. I slowly crawl a few inches before a branch suddenly fell on top of my legs. I scream out in pain as all the energy in my thigh disappeared. I froze up the second I saw that almost all of the Intsa-heals were crushed. I breathed in heavily as I saw Arthur wobblily stand back up. Did he survive that?

I heard footsteps rush over as Arthur rushed over my quickly started stomping on my Insta-heals. I quickly use Wind Cannon to send him flying towards a tree. I quickly gather the wind to pick me up and fly into the air. My legs burned up as I sent a wind arrow in his direction. He jumped to the side and slowly walked away. he looked like he was trying his best to get away but couldn't. I grunt as I spun a Wind arrow on my middle finger and shot it towards Arthur. I quickly change the arrow's direction towards the Wendigo. I take out one rock with Hieroglyphs and threw it at the Wendigo. I saw Abraham run off into the forest as the Wendigo stopped spinning and Arthur slammed right into the Wendigo. I guide back down and sit on top of a branch and watch Arthur struggle to keep the Wendigo off of him. Arthur kicked at the Wendigo, the Wendigo staggered back but quickly leaped onto Arthur. I spot Wendigo open its mouth, I quickly use the wind to pick up the rock I threw and jam it into the Wendigo's mouth. The Wendigo looked like it didn't mind the rock going down its throat. The Wendigo jammed its nail into Arthur's eye. I wince as the Wendigo opened its mouth. I quickly snap my finger.

A fiery inferno engulfed Arthur and the Wendigo. The trees shook as I got a notification saying that the quest is complete. I look back down at the fire I made. Looks like I didn't need that. I smile as I felt the feeling in my legs again. I look back down at my legs, they looked as good as new. I quickly look in front of me as I saw a box saying I leveled up.

You leveled up 2 times!

Lvl 47

Xp: 20/210

Hp: 485/485

Mp:495/495

Stamina: 215/215

Str: 274+3=277 (280)

Dex: 291+2=293 (299)

Vit: 292+4=296 (300)

Wis: 284+5=289

Int: 242+4= 246

Luc: 212+5=217

Points: 71

I close the box as I take a deep breath. I breathe out as I saw two boxes appear.

Thanks to completing the quest, you get 2 new perks!

Ravage- Food effects/ healing properties will be more effective by 35%

Hunter's body- Smell, Vision, and Hearing are increased by 75%.

I look at the box before closing them. I close my eyes and rest a bit. I hear Sombra snort below me. I quickly open my eyes and look down. I blink several times, everything looked a lot more clearer. I saw how dirty Sombra's mane was, there was a tiny flea inside Sombra's mane along with some dirt mixed in. I quickly run my fingers through my hair and feel a tiny bump. I pinch the bump and bring it up to my eyes. I spot a tiny brown insect with six legs.

"Oh no."

1:26 pm

I yawn as Sombra raced through the woods. I pinch a left in Sombra's mane and flick it off into the wind. I observe Sombra's mane carefully, there was no sign of fleas left. I frown as I run my fingers through my hair again. The back of my head tingled. Sombra turned a sharp left as a beam of rings flew past my head. I heard the whirring of a drone right behind my head. I look over to see a familiar black drone float right beside me.

I notice a bright light coming from a building made from logs. I quickly turned around and made a wall of ice behind me; before I could see what the wall stopped I turned around. I heard the ice crack as Sombra quickly approached the building. I smile as I see a town full of buildings and bright festive lights. I spin a Wind arrow around my middle finger and turn around. I spot Abraham on a horse with Ron right behind him. Ron pointed his finger in my direction. I point my middle finger to the side and shoot the arrow. Ron and Abraham flew off their horse as the corner of my vision was filled with bright lights.

I smile as I saw a notification saying I completed a quest.

You completed a quest!

Win the second part of the race!

Rewards:

500 xp

$500

50 points

Skill disc (25 levels)

I close the box as another box appeared.]

You leveled up 2 times!

Lvl 49

Xp: 150/225

Hp: 635/635

Mp:507/507

Stamina: 229/229

Str:277+2= 279 (283)

Dex: 293+2= 295 (301)

Vit: 296+3=299 (304)

Wis: 289+5=294

Int: 246+3=249

Luc: 277+2=279

Points: 121

I smile widely as I turn a corner and stop in a nearby alley.

I didn't think I would actually win this one.

Like always I'm explaining the Soul ability of this chapter.

[Arthur Cooke] Calamity- The user can manipulate other people's luck. When their luck is affected, any harm done to them will be amplified by 15x. If the user chooses to, the user can manipulate the luck in an area. While manipulating the luck in an area, his body gets covered in shadow like armor along with the power to appear anywhere as long as no one sees him.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
238 39 33
A group of teenagers with special abilities. A legacy in their blood. A blessing or a curse? Will they unite or will their past rip them apart?
3.3K 38 19
This is the original version of A New Beginning I wrote a long time ago, so take it with a pinch of salt! Its not great but marks a special place as...