120 Blind Dates... And Other...

Da JesslinaN

The first short story in this collection was written exclusively for the Chicklit contest "120 Dates" in Nove... Altro

120 Blind Dates
Chicklit Flash Fiction Prompt #31: A Ghost Of Her Past
#Watt-a-Decade#JustWriteDay: The Birthday Party
#Milestone#Weekendwritein: The Wedding Anniversary
@Magic#December Challenge: The Wild Child
#Tradition#Weekendwritein: A Traditional Wife
#Beginning#Weekendwritein: The Story of My Life
The Twelfth Princess
The Unicorn Sneaker
A Totally Unbelievable Christmas Story
A Flower Tells a Secret
A New Year, A New Start
#Vote#Weekendwritein: The Street of January 13
Dear Santa
Bowser's Victory
The Widower
Flippin' A Coin
🧜‍♂️ The Lost Son 🧜🏼‍♀️
A Bad Grade
Partners in Crime (Dallas/Dynasty Crossover)
Surprise!
The Toothbrush
Me Through Your Eyes
The Broken Seal
A Superhero's Doubts
The Love Potion
Breaking Chocolate Hearts
A Star Returns
My Friend, the Dragon
Her Destiny
Locked
Bugs
@BeyondSol@WeekendWriteIn: Our Only Hope

Copyright

77 2 0
Da JesslinaN

Copyright: © 2020/2021 by JesslinaN. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All characters, locations, and events in this story are fictional and a product of the author's imagination unless otherwise stated. None of these literary elements may be copied or used in any other work of fiction without the prior written permission of the author.
Note on the cover: I used the Desygner app to make the cover and used a picture available on the app.

This is a collection of short stories, and many of these short stories were written for contests on Wattpad. If you like the stories that are included in this collection, you may want to check out my other stories, novellas and novels as well...

Sneak Peek: "The Visitor" (Mature)

Ruby Rochester had been a celebrity from the moment she was born 82 years, 9 months, one week and 3 days ago.

Her parents Warren and Julia Rochester were the toast of New York's high society in the 1930s and 1940s, and their only child Ruby was literally fed with a golden spoon from the moment she was born. The family had made their money in the 19th century, and Ruby's late great-grandfather Richard had been a notorious steel baron who had risen from rags to riches only to treat the workers in his steel works dismally. His son Richard junior had tried to save the family's reputation by marrying a senator's daughter and becoming a senator himself before he had eventually taken over his father's company. Since her grandparents had had four children, Ruby's uncle, who was aptly named Richard III, was running the steel works when Ruby was born, and her father was considering a career in politics. He certainly was handsome and charismatic, too much so for his own good.

Tragedy was such a constant in Ruby Rochester's life that the press, who had almost literally followed her everywhere from the moment she had taken her first footsteps, even claimed her family was cursed.

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/969965099-the-visitor-wattysshorts2020-the-visitor

Sneak Peek: "The Vampire Girl" (Novella/Mature)

Camilla had no idea how long it had been since she had last eaten. It must have been a few weeks, maybe even months ago. Her memory always got quite fuzzy when she went without food for such a long time.

But at least she was sure she had still been in America when she had had her last meal. She remembered it vividly: It had been a drunken Irishman whom she had met at a drinking establishment in New York City and lured into a dark back alley. She had only decided to feed off him when she had noticed his lewd behaviour towards the ladies present at said establishment. Of course, they hadn't been ladies to begin with, but they had told the Irishman to stop when he had insulted them, using expletives no member of the female sex should ever be forced to hear from a man.

He had probably thought she was with the ladies, perhaps one of their daughters, even though she was only thirteen years old and hadn't looked a day older since the year 1789, which probably made her the eldest thirteen-year-old in the world in 1913.

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/250502638-the-vampire-girl-winterfest2020

Sneak Peek: "Under the Rain"

The last thing Ι thought Ι would stumble upon when Ι got home on that Friday night was my summer girlfriend. Actually, I'm not a man who has a lover for every season. I just call her my summer girlfriend because we meet only once a year for a week or two on a small Greek island called Gavdos. It's pretty hard to get there because you have to travel to and through Crete first and take a ferry, which is why I hope every year that she won't come.

I love spending the entire summer on Gavdos because it is so far away from civilisation that I can focus on my writing. In the past I used to camp on the beach, but I bought a small house two years ago when it had become clear that our arrangement would become a permanent one - and making love on the beach is not nearly as much fun in reality as it may have been for Meggie and Ralph on The Thornbirds.

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/1001144668-under-the-rain-a-short-story-under-the-rain

Sneak Peek: "Secret Santa Clara"

As a child, Claire Archer had always wondered why she was the only child in the world who seemed to have noticed that Santa Claus was not a man, but a woman. To be exact, "he" was her aunt Clara because "he" spoke with her voice, only it was her voice in disguise, pretending to be an old man, and "he" had her aunt's face even though "he" wore a fake beard. And yet, it was part of the game they played every year: They pretended not to know each other when Santa Claus came by her house to visit her and her little brother John.

There were so many things about Aunt Clara that made her so different from any another woman she knew. Had she been asked to name all of them, she wouldn't even have known where to start. For one, her aunt was the only female mailman she knew, too. Even though Claire wasn't allowed to talk about this, let alone ask questions about it, she was also aware of the fact that Aunt Clara lived together with her best friend Rosie. Whenever her aunt, who was her father's younger sister, visited the family and was accompanied by Rosie, Claire noticed that her mother felt uncomfortable.

But things took a turn for the worse on December 25, 1985. Claire was 9 years old and a tomboy who hated the pretty dresses her mother wanted her to wear. As everyone was unwrapping their presents in the living room of her parents' house, Claire complained bitterly to her aunt, who was dressed up as Santa Claus again, about the dress she had been forced to wear for the occasion. She had never seen her aunt wear a dress or even lipstick, so Claire thought she would be her ally.

Perhaps everything else that happened later was Claire's fault. She shouldn't have lured her aunt into a trap because Clara - or rather, Santa Claus, who all of a sudden spoke with a female voice - encouraged her to wear whatever she wanted and whatever she felt comfortable in.

Unfortunately, Claire's mother overheard the comment and was barely able to hide her anger. "Don't tell my daughter things like that!" her mother spat at her sister-in-law, as if Aunt Clara was someone she was forced to put up with, but didn't want to have in her home.

"Why shouldn't she learn to stand up for herself?" Clara had asked.

"Because we don't want her to become like you!"

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/995302157-secret-santa-clara

Sneak Peek: "Lucifer Devil Jr.'s Christmas Surprise"

Being the devil's son had never been easy for Lucifer Devil, Jr. Because of his father's name and reputation, everyone expected him to be this thoroughly evil, ugly creature. So it was a big shock when a fair-haired, shy boy, who also happened to be genuinely nice, showed up for his first day of school at Hell International School.

The staff at the school had seen a lot of antics and put up with even more. The other students were the offspring of demons, monsters, wizards and basically every villain that had been sent to hell and had started families there in the last 2,000 years. But when the chauffeured limousine arrived at the main gate of the school, Mr Blackbeard, the principal of the school and grandson of the infamous pirate, stopped dead in his tracks.

He had prepared meticulously for the arrival of this special transfer student: After all, one didn't get the chance to teach the son of the big boss everyday. So he had not only put on his best outfit, but also taken great care that every hedge on the school campus had been trimmed to infernal perfection and that the students in the school band knew how to play the national anthem without getting in a physical fight or destroying half a dozen instruments in the process. He had threatened to expel anyone who misbehaved, and since he ran the only state school in hell, they were not about to risk their education for this.

And now this. Lucifer Devil Jr.'s first day at his school couldn't have started off any worse.

Of course, the students who were in the band noticed what was wrong, and nasty rumours about the new transfer student were already rampant.

"Are you sure he is really the devil's son?"

"Well, perhaps he was adopted."

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/984333481-lucifer-devil-jr-%27s-christmas-surprise-the-short

More short stories: "Aim to Engage 2020" (Anthology)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/249394127-aim-to-engage-2020-an-anthology/rankings

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

645K 21.4K 42
When Audrey, the smart, beautiful and kind-hearted woman decided to quit her job to pursue her dream as a chef, she did not expect to meet her ex-bos...
Fake It | ✔️ Da Fallon Elizabeth

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
Theodore Da VK

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

45.9K 3.2K 51
Copyrighted 2021 And then, we realized that things weren't what they first seemed. Started - 21 August 2021 Ended - 5 June 2022
591 126 8
A collection of short stories - my entries for @Ooorah 's Ultimate Science Fiction Smack Down! SFSD 2021