Taste of Secrets

twmarvel_obsessor

Y/N Nova Stone is starting her freshmen year at Belgrave University. She had no intention of being apart of t... Еще

Authors Note + Characters
🐺Season One🐺
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
🐺Season Two🐺
Authors Note + New Characters + Reminders
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
THANK YOU!!!!!
🐺Season Three🐺
Authors Note + Settings + Update
!Update!
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty

511 12 1
twmarvel_obsessor

A/N: I will be using GIFs from The Order or shows that the actors have been apart of! 

The summer after everything that happened was interesting, Gabrielle and Jack decided to stay at school to make up for the days they had missed. While me and my mother stayed in Denver to escape from Belgrave for awhile. Randall and Hamish stayed with the two of us to assist me in any werewolf issues I might have. Unfortunately, Nicole transferred colleges after her and Lilith broke up. My badass best friend - Lilith - is staying with her parents in California to catch up on things. 

The Denver café that I loved to go to as a child was crowded with people as I did my job. (Start Song) The sound of soft music played in the background, along with the familiar clashing of dishes coming from the kitchen. I poured some some creamer into the black coffee before setting it on top of a plastic trey. My boss - Scott - walked over to me and set a blue berry muffin next to the mug. "Thanks," I said, glancing up at him. Before I brought the tray of food over to the table, I grabbed a glass of water. 

"Here is your black coffee and blue berry muffin," I said, "Along with a glass of water." The young couple looked up at me with thankful smiles. I grabbed the tray and walked over to the counter to prepare another one. Scott walked over to me and set a glass of water onto the tray along with a chocolate croissant. The older woman - who would sit at the back table every Sunday - waited patiently for her food. She wore the same pink cardigan with a cream colored sweater, her grey hair in tight curls. The woman always carried around The Secret Garden with her, she would occasionally bring her young grand-daughter to read it to her. 

The woman had such a warm and gentle smile, she was always the best conversation starter. "Here you go, Margaret," I said, setting the plate down. "Thank you, Y/N/N," Margaret said, taking a sip of the water. "Let me know if I can get anything for you," I added. The woman gave me a small nod before looking back down at her book. I set the tray into the bin to be cleaned later and made my way towards the register. A woman stood next to it as she waited for my arrival. The auburn haired woman handed me the check with everything on it. I gave her a friendly smile before typing everything into the computerized register. 

"Alrighty, your total is $10.94," I read, printing out another receipt. I handed it to the woman so she could sign it.  The device made a dinging sound as the money was accepted. "Have a great night," I said, handing the credit card to the customer. "You too," she replied. I lifted up the lower part of the cash drawer and set the receipt underneath some past ones. 

I grabbed a disinfectant spray an a cloth, walking over to an empty table. Scott patted me on the shoulder as he went to serve another customer. The sounds around me diminished once everyone began to leave the café for the night. I finished cleaning up table three and then proceeded to wipe down another table. After about an hour, the the place I adored was soon empty. Scott blew out the candles on each of the tables. "You good to close up tonight?" he asked, covering a candle with its top. I nodded and threw the paper towel into the trashcan. My boss gave me a quick nod before grabbing his backpack.  

I stepped over to the computer and turned off the music (Stop Song). I slipped off my yellow apron and hooked it onto the loop near the door of the kitchen. Scott waved me goodbye before opening the back door and closing it behind him. I grabbed my phone and shot my mother a quick text. 

Me: Hey! I'm on my way, shouldn't take too long! 

Birth Giver: Alright! Dinner's in the fridge when you get here. 

Me: Okay, love you! 

Birth Giver: Love you too, Nova! 

Before I left I made sure to lock the back door in the kitchen. I shut off the kitchen lights and made my way towards the front door of the café. I locked the front entrance way and walked to my car. The moon light stretched across the parking lot, creating small shadows in front of the parked vehicles or benches. My feet hit the puddles in front of me once I approached my white car. As I reached for my keys I felt as if someone's eyes were glued to the back of my head. I kept my gaze focused on my car in front of me. "Randall, I swear to god if you are going to scare me, I will kill you," I mumbled. 

I dropped my keys into my purse, reaching for the dagger in the left pocket. I heard the footsteps hit the deep puddles behind me, revealing that someone was there. I whipped my head around, but saw nobody behind me. I dropped my purse so it was beside my car and continued to grip my dagger. I tried to unleash Nova, but nothing happened. The stranger grabbed my neck and pushed me against the car. The pitch black shadows from the night covered the man's features. Freeing Nova from my body wasn't working. Before I knew it, I was thrown across my car. I landed on the concrete with a grunt. 

"Fuck..." I muttered, sitting up from the water covered gravel. 

I felt the wooden handle of my dagger press against my skin which put me at ease. Thoughts flew in and out of my mind while I tried to figure out why I wasn't able to transform into Nova. With a flick of my hand, I cut my palm and extended my arm. "Volant Auferetur!" I exclaimed. The strangers knife was torn from their palm as they flew across the parking lot. I heard their body hit the ground, their side hitting the concrete first. 

I slipped my dagger into my belt loop and carefully got up from the ground. I limped towards the figure, my feet echoing off of the pavement. I grabbed my purse before approaching the man. I towered over him, examining his features. I quickly pulled out my phone to turn on the flashlight. My mouth agape, I stood shocked at who was lying (unconscious) before me. "Dad?" I questioned with my brows furrowed. The man's chest rose up and down as he laid there. 'Good, I didn't kill him,' I thought and let out a sigh of relief.  That sudden wave of relief didn't stop my heart beat  from quickening. My hands continued to shake as I reached for my phone. 

I managed to click on the camera icon and take a few pictures of my fathers position. I slipped my phone into my back pocket. I limped towards my car, unlocking it. My once dead father's face was posed in front of me. The man's chest continued to rise up and down. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I pressed the ignition and raced home, getting away from my father as fast as I could. 

The sounds of music rang from different shops while I drove down the road in-between some buildings. Couples walked down the street, hand in hand. Some store owners began to close up as the night inched closer. The familiarity of my childhood home came into view as I pulled up to the house. I parked the car in the drive way and grabbed my purse. The lights from the windows of my home stayed lit as I locked my car behind me. I inserted the key into the key hole of the door. Opening it, I found my mother and all my friends sitting around the living room and kitchen counter. 

I smiled in a welcoming manner, slipping off my jean jacket. I un-tied my shoes and set them on the wooden shoe rack. The sound of the TV filled the air around me as I put my things back to their rightful places. I tried to hide the fact that I had been in a physical fight with my father, who is supposed to be dead might I add. Luckily, I felt Nova trying to heal the bruises my father had left behind. 

"Hey..." I trailed, "Sorry I'm late." I locked the door behind me, making my way towards my friends. Gabrielle glanced away from the TV and gave me a friendly smile. Lilith sat beside her, flipping through a National Geographic magazine. Randall glanced up from his computer, the corners of his mouth lifted as he made eye contact with me. 

His expression changed at the sight of the red marks that had formed from my fathers grip. Randall got up from the chair and walked over to me, he pushed a piece of hair out of the way. "What happened?" my boyfriend asked me, setting his hands on my shoulders. The others soon noticed the marks on my neck, followed by a cut that was on the edge of my brow. "We've got a lot to talk about," I said, looking at my mother. She furrowed her brows as she set a cutting board down on the counter. Randall's hand remained on my lower back once my mothers expression changed. 

****

My mother set the cutting board into the cabinet and wiped down the counter with a damp cloth. Hamish stood at the other counter, preparing some drinks. I sat on the stool as I explained what I had encountered. Randall sat beside me and held my hand, running a thumb at the top of my shaking hand. The TV had been turned off so everyone could interpret what actually happened. Jack walked back and forth as he listened. "And you couldn't wolf out?" He asked, running a hand through his hair. "No," I sighed, "It's like he was able to counteract my abilities. I was only able to use a incantation once he was a few feet away from me." Lilith walked over and handed me a glass of water. 

I smiled at my friend, taking it willingly. Hamish gave my mother some dirty glasses so she could clean them. I played with the strings on Randall's sweatshirt as I sat there. "Then how was he a werewolf if you're his hide," Lilith said, leaning up against the back of the couch. "I don't even know if was transformed," I said. "Alpha," Hamish spoke, "What did you say he looked like?" I pressed my lips into a thin line, shrugging my shoulders. 

"I don't know," I answered, "I couldn't see much since it was dark out." Randall rubbed my shoulder, listening to me. My mother walked over and leaned against the couch where Lilith was. I took a sip of the water, feeling the it fall through my throat. "And how do you know it was Thomas?" Mother asked, crossing her arms. "Because I saw his face," I said. She raised her eyebrows in a surprised expression. Mother uncrossed her arms and looked up at me. "How is he alive? He's supposed to be dead, he was in my collective unconscious thing. I-I don't understand..." I trailed, looking down at the ground. 

My mind was racing with different ideas, but I just couldn't settle on one. I felt Randall's hand rest on my shoulder as he brought me in for a hug. I rested my head against his chest, he kissed the top of my head. "What should we do?" Lilith asked, making me turn to look at my sassy friend. "I say we should kick his ass," Gabrielle said and joined the conversation. 

She smirked and cracked her knuckles, sitting up straight. Hamish shook his head in disagreement as he walked over to join us. "No," he said, "This is another Knight we're talking about. No matter if he should be dead, we should figure out why he's here and why he hurt his own daughter." Gabrielle rolled her eyes, scoffing. Jack hit her with a pillow, she whipped her head around and glared daggers at him. "I say we all stay here for the night, then figure this all out tomorrow," Mother said. She stood up from the couch and turned off the light on the side table of one of the chairs.

"If he attacked Y/N, he'll probably attack the rest of us," she added, walking back over to us. 

Hamish pecked my mother on the cheek before extending up the stairs, following by Jack and Gabrielle. I took a last sip of my water and set it in the sink. My mother gave me a hug and a kiss on the head before walking up the stairs. Randall and Lilith stayed in the kitchen as they waited for me. "You alright?" Lilith asked. "Y-Yeah," I said, "Just tired." Lilith smiled, waving me goodnight. Randall put his arm around me as the two of us walked up the stairs. 

****

The light beside my bedside table lit up the room around me while I sat at the edge of my bed. I flipped through my Instagram feed as I waited for Randall to get out of the shower. I smiled at the sight of my cousin hanging out with her friends. I grabbed my sweatshirt, slipping it over my head. I heard the sound of the door to the bathroom opening it up. Randall walked through the door wearing a pair of sweatpants and his favorite blue sweatshirt. 

"Hey," he said, softly. 

I looked up at him and responded with a smile. He walked over and set his clothes inside the hamper to wash later. Randall put his phone into the charger before sitting down on the bed. "You alright?" he asked. I nodded and draped the blanket over my legs. "You sure?" he asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I nodded my head again and rested my hand on his chest. "I hate to by 'that guy', but we start school on Friday," Randall said as he ran his hand through my hair. 

I recoiled from the thought and scrunched up my nose, shaking my head. "That's....no," I commented. I pulled the covers over our bodies before kissing his cheek. "See you in the morning," Randall said, wrapping his arm around my waist. 

****

~Friday~

The next morning I folded my clothes and set them into the boxes. Early this summer, Randall and I had drove to the university to drop off some boxes at the den. I grabbed my backpack and set a small makeup bag at the bottom along with two shoes on top of it. A small knock from my door interrupted me from packing my belongings. I turned around and saw my mother standing there. Her jacket was tied around her waist as she wore a pair of jeans that I've never really seen her wear. "Hey," I said, "I'm just about ready to bring my bags down." She slowly nodded, walking over to my dresser. She grabbed a sweater and folded it, setting it into the box I was holding. 

She sighed and glanced up at me with a look of apology. I furrowed my brows, setting the box down on my bed. "I'm sorry," my mother said, "I know I haven't been the most honest, but...." She sighed once more and set her hands on my shoulders, rubbing them in a soothing motion. "I promise you that I'm trying to get better," she continued, "I promise you." I smiled at her statement and soon brought her in for a hug. My mother let me go and looked at me. 

"I'll see you down stairs," she said, patting my shoulder. 

I followed her leave the room with my eyes before going back to packing. I grabbed some tape and to close the box free from things getting loose. Randall walked into my room, offering to help me put my things in the car. Lilith, Jack and Gabrielle had headed to the university earlier so they could get a head start on un-packing. I walked out of the house with Randall following behind me. The cool breeze from the sunny day blew against the trees once I stepped out of the house. I heard the singing of the birds as they sat on the branches of the thick oak trees that surrounded my house and many others.  

I set the first box at the back of the car while my boyfriend set the second one beside it along with his. I heard my mother lock the front door, Hamish following pursuit. Randall took the backpack from me and set it beside the boxes. I looked up from the trunk, finding my father standing across the driveway. My eyes widened, my breath in the back of my throat hitched. I reached for Randall's hand. He followed my gaze and saw my 'dead/alive' father standing in the opposite direction. 

He put a hand on my lower back, leading me away from the trunk. My mother and Hamish soon saw what Randall and I were looking at. "Let's go," mother said, motioning to Ham-sandwich . The four of us hopped into my car and made our way to Belgrave. My fathers tall stature stood at the edge of the road, watching the car drive away. Randall set a hand on my leg, tearing me away from my fathers gaze. He gave me a reassuring smile before grabbing a book. 

****

After about two hours we finally arrived at the university. It was nice to see the green nature that surrounded campus. My mother had made her way to the temple so she settle in. The Knights and I un-packed our boxes in our individual rooms. I set my corkboard above my desk, pinning some pictures of Randall and I along with my family. The sounds of everyone talking put me at ease. I heard Hamish begin to pour some drinks into some glasses while Gabrielle started to argue with Jack about some stupid thing. 

I never thought I would say this, but I enjoyed her being around. Granted, she was a bitch half of the time, but still really helpful when it came to studying or just wanting a shoulder to cry on. I grabbed one of my blankets and draped it over the edge of the bed, straightening the sides so it didn't have any wrinkles. I set my hands on my hips as I admired my organization skills. I grabbed my phone and extended down the stairs, finding my friends now settling in. Randall appeared from the other side of the room. He took a glass from Hamish and plopped himself down on the couch. 

"It's good to be back," Randall said, looking up at me and smiling (GIF Above). Lilith smiled as well and sat down on the chair opposite to the couch. Hamish handed me a glass before making his way over to cabinet that held all of the beverages and glasses. I sat down beside Randall, resting my feet on top of the coffee table. 

"Tell me about," I said as I took a sip of the drink. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Moonlight Makayla

Фанфик

12.7K 169 21
Rachel Carpio is the younger sister to Randall Carpio. She's also the fourth knight of The Knights of Saint Christopher, and in her first year of co...
1.5K 39 30
A sequel to 'The Knights Of Saint Christopher'. The group get into two muddled up situations with an unknown organisation and vampires...yes, vampire...
15.2K 220 31
Y/n LaRosa, the daughter of Isabella LaRosa and Bobby Singer. She's a dragon shifter like her mother and a hunter like her father. Y/n meets the Winc...
2.1K 102 27
"𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔" ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚...