Augury [The Flash: Book 1]

Autorstwa goldenqueen_06

Dr. Sophia Ramon works along side her brother, Cisco Ramon, Dr. Caitlin Snow, and Ronnie Raymond on Particle... Więcej

Author's note

The Beginning

6 0 0
Autorstwa goldenqueen_06

Dr. Sophia Ramon is the sister of Cisco Ramon and works in S.T.A.R. Labs as a bioengineer. They worked on the Particle Accelerator with STAR Labs CEO, Harrison Wells.

The night of the launch, Harrison Wells had to make a speech outside as Sophia and the rest of the STAR Labs team.

"Thank you. My name is Harrison Wells. Tonight, the future begins. The work my team and I will do here will change our understanding of physics. We'll bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me, that future will be here faster than you think," said Dr. Wells.

As everyone cheers and applauds, Sophia noticed someone running through the crowd.

~~~

Everyone was inside S.T.A.R Labs that night...

Caitlin and Ronnie were choosing where to go for their honeymoon on the other side of the room.

"Tahiti?" said Ronnie.

"I know it's a long flight, but we can binge watch Orange is the New Black," said Caitlin.

"Oh, okay. But what about Italy? Pizza and wine and more pizza," said Ronnie.

"Yes but Italy doesn't have mai tais, and a honeymoon isn't a honeymoon without mai tais," said Caitlin with a smile on her face.

On the other side of the room, Cisco and Sophia were in front of a computer.

"Dr. Wells, the accelerator is primed and ready for particle injection," said Cisco.

"Well, I feel I should say something profound like 'one small step for man,' but all I can think of to say is, I feel like I've waited for this day for centuries," said Dr. Wells as he smiled.

He walks over to the computer screen and pushes a button that turns on the accelerator.

"That's it? You'd think there'd be, like, a loud bang," said Cisco.

"If there was a loud bang, we'd all be in trouble," said Ronnie.

Caitlin smiles at Ronnie and says, "Take it from the guy who helped build it."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we did it," said Wells.

Everyone in the lab claps and cheers.

Ronnie and Caitlin give each other a quick kiss.

"Mai tais it is," said Ronnie.

Cisco and Sophia do a kind of crazy handshake.

As Wells pops the cork out of a champagne bottle when the champagne started to rise out of the bottle. Seconds after it splashes on the floor. Along with the lights flickering on and off and there was a loud explosion that booms in the distance.

"Was that..." said Cisco.

"A loud bang," said Ronnie.

Cisco went to the computer and told them, "There's an anomaly in the chamber."

"Ring structural integrity is holding." said Sophia.

"It started a chain reaction. We need to shut it down." added Dr. Wells.

"We can't do it from here. We'll do it manually." Cisco told Dr. Wells.

"Go!" Dr. Wells told Cisco.

"I'll come with," said Ronnie to Cisco

"Ronnie, no," Caitlin protested, grabbing his forearm.

"I know how to operate the shutdown," Ronnie turned around to tell her.

"It's not safe," responded Caitlin.

"Cait, I have to go," said Ronnie before giving her a kiss and then running out with Cisco.

After a few minutes, Caitlin and Sophia looked at each other, and decided to go after them. They rushed to the pipeline to find Cisco in front of a closed door with a upset look on his face.

"Where's Ronnie? Cisco, where is Ronnie?" asked Sophia with worry.

"He's still inside," he answered.

"What? Open the door," said Caitlin with wide eyes.

"I can't. We're in locked down mode," said Cisco while shaking his head.

"Cisco, we have to get him out or he'll die," said Caitlin.

"Cisco, can you hear me?" said Ronnie through a the radio in Cisco's hand.

Caitlin grabbed the radio and said into it, "Ronnie, it's me."

"Caitlin, is Cisco there?" asked Ronnie.

"Yeah, Ronnie, I'm here," said Cisco to the radio in Caitlin's hands.

"I adjusted the magnets to the redirect the beam. To try and vent the systems so the blast goes up and not down." said Ronnie to Cisco.

"I'll need to reset the particle parameters to compensate," said Cisco, running to the screen next to the pipeline door.

"Cisco's on it," said Sophia into the radio still in Caitlin's hands.

"There has to be another way out of there. You have to find it," Caitlin told Ronnie.

"Cait, the chain reaction. I can't reverse it. The doors need to stay shut to protect you guys." said Ronnie, "Are you still there?"

"I'm here with Sophia," said Caitlin trying her best not to sob.

"Sophia, take care of Caitlin," said Ronnie.

"I promise," said Sophia with tears in her eyes.

"Caitlin, whatever happens-" said Ronnie before he got cut off as the building began to shake.

"Ronnie!" yelled Caitlin as tears fell down her cheeks.

~~~

Nine months later...

Nine months after the particle accelerator explosion, Dr. Wells had brought in Barry Allen who fell into a coma after being struck by lighting that night. Cisco, Caitlin, and Sophia have been taking care of him since.

The three of them were in the cortex while Cisco played Lady Gaga's Poker Face on the speakers and Sophia ate Twizzlers.

"What are you doing?" Sophia asked Cisco while he looked at Barry.

"He likes this song," said Cisco with a smile.

"How could you possibly know that?" asked Caitlin as she walked toward them with her arms crossed.

"I checked his Facebook page. I mean, he can hear everything, right?" said Cisco as he took the Twizzler Sophia was eating.

"Get your own and you're right. Auditory functions are the last sensory faculties to degenerate." said Sophia.

Sophia laughed as Cisco sung to the song before all of a sudden we heard a gasp. Turning around we saw Barry sitting up straight.

"Oh, my god," said Cisco.

"Where am I?" asked Barry, looking around to see where he was.

"He's up," said Sophia.

Cisco walked over to the radio," Dr. Wells get down here to the Cortex, like right now."

"BP 170 over 110, pulse 120. Pupils equally reactive to light," said Caitlin as she ran tests on Barry.

Barry got up, taking the wires off. Cisco walked over to him and said, "Whoa, whoa. Relax. Everything's okay. You're at STAR Labs."

"STAR Labs? Who are you?" Barry asked looking at all of them.

"I'm Cisco Ramon," looking at Caitlin, "She's Caitlin...Dr. Snow, and this my sister, Dr. Sophia Ramon." said Cisco.

"I need you to urinate in this," said Caitlin, holding a cup to Barry.

"Not this second," said Sophia, taking the cup out of her hands.

"What is happening? What is going on?" said Barry.

"You were struck by lighting," Sophia told him.

"What?" asked Barry confused, before he turned around to see his abs in a mirror. For some reason Sophia found her self looking at them, and turned around before anyone saw her. "Lighting gave me abs?"

"Come here. Have a seat," Sophia told Barry, dragging a chair over, "You were in a coma."

"For how long?" said Barry with his eyes widen.

"Nine months," said Dr. Wells as he wheeled into the room, "Welcome back, Mr. Allen. We have a lot to discuss."

~~~

Caitlin, Cisco, and Sophia were in the STAR Labs kitchen when Dr. Wells entered the room with Barry behind him.

"Iris?" Barry asked Dr. Wells.

"Iris, yes. She came to see you quite often," said Dr. Wells.

Caitlin grabbed a water bottle and handed it to Dr. Wells, "She talks a lot," she said.

"Also, she's hot," said Cisco before Sophia smacked his shoulder and give him a look.

"I need to go," said Barry, walking towards the door.

"No, you can't," said Sophia.

"Sophia's right. Now that you're awake, we need to do tests. You're still going though changes. There's still so much we don't know," said Dr. Wells.

"I'm fine. Really, I feel normal. Thanks for saving my life," said Barry told them before walking out of the room.

"Really?" said Caitlin.

Barry came back in, "Can I keep the sweatshirt?"

"Yeah, keep the sweatshirt," said Dr. Wells, nodding.

"Okay," said Barry smiling before he left again.

~~~

Barry went back to STAR Labs and told everyone what happened at CCPD. They decided to test his speed at an airport runaway. Barry got changed into his running outfit in the caravan, while everyone else got set up.

"You don't believe he can run that fast, do you?" asked Caitlin to Dr. Wells.

"I believe anything is possible, and in a few minutes maybe you will too," said Dr. Wells.

The caravan door opened to reveal Barry in a tight red suit. Sophia couldn't stop herself from snickering at the outfit. "It's a little snug," said Barry, clearly not likely the outfit.

"At least, you'll be moving so fast, no one will be able to see you. See you thought the world was slowing down, it wasn't. You were moving so fast, it only looked like everyone else was standing still. Dr. Wells will be monitoring your energy output while Caitlin and Sophia your vitals," said Cisco.

"What do you do?" asked Barry,

"I make the toys, man. Check it," said Cisco before pulling out a headset which had a lighting bolt on the side. "This is a two way headset with a camera I modified designed to combat battlefield impulse noises. Or in your case, potential sonic booms. Which would be awesome."

Cisco walked back toward the van, while Caitlin and Sophia walked up to Barry hold tablets and checking everything was in sync, "What?" said Caitlin as she notices Barry staring at her.

"Nothing," said Barry shaking his head, "I just noticed you don't smile much."

Sophia backed away slightly at his comment.

"My once promising career in bioengineering is over, my boss is in a wheelchair for life, the explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiance. So this blank expression kind of feels like the way to go," said Caitlin.

"Be careful and try not to break anything, " said Sophia as she walked back to the others.

"Mr. Allen, while I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint," said Dr. Wells

Barry walked to a line and got into a runner's position. Lighting crossed Barry's eyes and took off. The wind created caused Cisco to fall backwards as everything flew away. Sophia's eyes widen at Barry's speed.

"He just passed 200 knots per hour," said Cisco.

"It's not possible," said Caitlin in disbelief.

While Barry was running he remember the night his mother was murdered,

"Mom!" yelled Barry.

"No, Barry!" Barry mom's yelled back

"Mom!" said Barry

"No! Don't let him touch you!" yelled Nora

Barry crashed into the water containers at the end of the runaway which ended up exploding.

~~~

Barry was taking back to STAR Labs after the accident. They found out he had broken his wrist.

"I told you not to break anything," said Sophia.

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture," Caitlin told Barry.

"Had?" asked Barry.

Sophia show him the most current X-ray, "It's healed. In three hours."

"How is that possible?" Barry asked Sophia.

"We don't know. Yet," said Sophia.

"What happened out there today? You were moving pretty well and then something caused you to lose focus," said Dr. Wells

Barry sighed, "When I was 11, my mother was murdered. It was late. A sound woke me up. I came downstairs and... I saw what looked like a ball of lightning. Inside the lightning, there was a man. He killed my mom. They arrested my dad. He's still sitting in Iron Heights for her murder. Everyone, the cops, the shrinks, they all told me what I saw was impossible. But what if the man who killed my mom was like me?"

"Well, I think I can unequivocally, you are one of a kind," said Dr. Wells.

~~~

Dr. Wells, Caitlin, Cisco, and Sophia were in the Cortex sitting at their desks, when Barry stormed inside. "I wasn't the only only one affected by the Particle Accelerator explosion, was I?"

Dr. Wells sighed and look looked over at the other three, then at Barry, "We don't know for sure," he said.

"You said the city was safe, that there was no residual danger. But what really happened that night?" asked Barry.

"Well... The accelerator went active. We all felt like heroes, and then... It all went wrong. The dimensional barrier ruptured, unleashing unknown energies into our world. Antimatter, dark energy, x-elements..." said Dr. Wells before getting interrupted by Barry

"Those are all theoretical," said Barry.

Dr. Wells getting angry, "And how theoretical are you? We mapped the dispersion throughout and around Central City. Though we have no way of knowing exactly what or... Who was exposed, we've been searching for other meta-humans like yourself."

"Meta-humans?" said Barry.

"That's what we're calling them," Sophia told Barry

"I saw one today. He's a bank robber. He can control the weather," said Barry

"This just keeps getting cooler," said Cisco as he smiles.

"This is not cool. All right? A man died," said Barry raising his voice which wiped Cisco smile off his face, "Mardon must have gotten his powers the same way I did. From the storm cloud. He's still out there. We have to stop him before he hurts anyone else." he said walking out the Cortex

"Barry! That's a job for the police," said Wells.

Barry turns around and walks to Dr. Wells, "I work for the police."

"As a Forensic Assistant," said Dr. Wells.

"You're responsible for this. For him," argued Barry.

"What's important is you! Not me. I lost everything. I lost my company. I lost my reputation. I lost my freedom. And then you broke your arm, and it healed in three hours. Inside your body could be a map to a whole new world... Genetic therapies, vaccines, medicines, treasures buried deep within your cells and we cannot risk losing everything because you want to go out and play hero! You're not a hero. You are just a young man who was struck by lightning," said Wells.

~~~

In the middle of the night, Barry called Caitlin, Cisco, and Sophia to meet him at STAR Labs. We huddled around a table with boxes of case files.

"I've been going over unsolved cases from the past nine months, and there's been a sharp increase in unexplained deaths and missing people. Your meta-humans have been busy. Now, I'm not blaming you. I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen. I know you all lost something. But I need your help to catch Mardon and anyone else out there like him. But I can't do it without you," said Barry.

Caitlin, Cisco, and Sophia smiled, looked at each other and agreed.

"If we're gonna do this, I have something that might help. Something I've been playing with. Designed to replace the turnouts firefighters traditionally wear," said Cisco as he revealed a dark red suit, "I thought if S.T.A.R. Labs could do something nice for the community, maybe people wouldn't be so angry at Dr. Wells anymore."

"Thanks. How do we find Mardon?" said Barry as he smiled.

Sophia grabbed a tablet, "I retasked STAR Labs satellite to track meteorological abnoramalities over Central City. We just got a ping. Atmospheric pressure dropped 20 millibars in a matter of seconds, I've tracked it to a farm just west of the city."

~~~

Caitlin, Cisco, and Sophia were sitting in the Cortex while Barry went to stop Mardon's tornado.

"Barry! Barry! This thing's getting closer. Wind speeds are 200 Miles-per-hour and increasing. Barry, can you hear me?" said Cisco

"Yeah, loud and clear," said Barry.

"If it keeps up, this could become an F-5 tornado," said Cisco.

"And it's headed toward the city. How do I stop it? Guys, what if I unravel it?"

"How the hell are you going to do that?" asked Sophia confused.

"I'll run around in the opposite direction. Cut off its legs," said Barry.

"He'd have to clock 700 miles per hour to do that," Cisco told Caitlin and Sophia.

"Your body may not be able to handle those speeds. You'll die," said Caitlin.

"I have to try," said Barry.

"The suit is holding up," Cisco said happily when he saw the suit's readings.

"But he's not," said Sophia, with worry in her voice.

"It's too strong," yelled Barry, breathing heavily.

Quiet filled the room until we heard Dr. Wells, "You can do this, Barry. You were right. I am responsible for all of this. So many people have been hurt because of me, and when I looked at you, all I saw was another potential victim of my hubris. And yes, I created this madness, but you, Barry, you can stop it. You can do this. Now run, Barry, run!"

The tornado had stopped as they all looked at the monitor but Barry hadn't spoken, "Barry? Barry?" said Sophia keeping a level of calm.

"It's over. I'm okay," said Barry.

~~~

Sophia walked into the Cortex and noticed Cisco adding something in the middle of Barry's suit, "Why is it shaped like a lighting bolt?"

"So it's not boring," said Cisco with a smile as he finished placing the emblem on the suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: That was the first chapter. Give me your thoughts and I'll be updating very soon.

-Queen

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

373K 6.2K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
84.7K 2.5K 70
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
357K 21.1K 76
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 18.9K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...