Fire On Fire - Azriel's story...

persona_13

ACOTAR - Azriel short story --- --- Raised in a brutal Illyrian war camp, Fallon had long ago accepted what t... Еще

Introduction
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.

Chapter 15.

3.1K 104 30
persona_13

The sound of the busting streets of Velaris woke Vivienne up from a night of good sleep for once. And the reason for it lay right next to her, literally.

She glanced at the sleeping Illyrian on her right, his hands tightly around her. She focused on the rising and falling of his bare chest. When he'd ended up shirtless, she couldn't remember.

Vivienne couldn't help but let her fingers trace the dark ink on his torso.

Swirls of Illyrian symbols over his chest, a gust of wind tattooed on his right side and the dark sleeves on his arms.

When the tips of her fingers touched his skin, it was so cold. And again she willed her comfort and love into the warmth that now echoed in her fingers. She could feel his skin becoming warmer as she caressed it.

As Vivienne slid one of her fingers across his ribs, she could feel his deep intake of breath. While keeping her hands on his skin, she looked up to find the Illyiran's eyes still closed, but his lips curled in a small smile.

His hair was messy from sleep and his face utterly peaceful. It took her breath away how stunning he was.

And then a wicked smile curled on her lips. If he was going to pretend to be asleep ...

---

Azirel's instincts told him to open his eyes, but the second smooth hands touched his chest, he knew there wasn't any danger. Just the girl he couldn't imagine his life without anymore.

He'd never been one for affection. Not after all that'd happened in his childhood.

But right now... He didn't want to ever get up. So he forced his eyes to remain closed, to let himself enjoy this just a bit longer. And despite not showing any signs of being awake, his traitorous mouth blew his cover as a smile curled on his lips.

He was thinking about what he'd done to deserve this, to-

A graze of soft lips on his broke Azriel's thoughts. He felt a smile against his lips before a sleepy voice purred, "Good morning."

He eased his eyes open to find a pair of hazel ones looking right back at him.

Azriel's hand cupped Vivienne's cheek before he ran it over her tight torso and over the curve of her hip. And by the fire in her eyes, Azriel knew exactly what she was thinking.

But did he know what he was thinking? Because he was pretty sure he hadn't ever not used his reason as he had now.

In the past, he might have cussed himself out for not thinking everything out carefully, for not relying on his strategic thoughts, but in this moment he couldn't care less.

And he didn't object when Vivienne snuggled closer to him, her warmth melting his hard defenses.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Azriel asked her carefully after a few minutes of blissful silence filled just with their embrace.

In silence, he was hoping she'd understand the message he was trying to convey, albeit cryptically. Even after his long lifetime, he still had no clue how to ask her on a proper date.

Vivienne turned around to face him as she lay her chin on her chest and looked up at him.

It didn't even take Azriel half a thought to declare this as the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen.

"Are you asking me on a date, Azriel?" Vivienne's eyes shone brightly as she teased him.

---

The grin on Vivienne's face was genuine when Azriel let out a frustrated groan and buried his head into a pillow.

He'd just asked her out, in his own usual strategic and cautious manner.

And now this same man was staring at her, a hopeful expression lighting up his otherwise stern features. It was the first time Vivienne'd seen him like that.

Then she watched as his features softened even more, "I would love to spend the day with you, Azriel."

Vivienne leaned in, slowly, teasing him. She waited to see if he'd break.

She could even let out a victory sound before Azriel pulled her closer to him and connected their lips into what was the most gentle and yet captivating kiss of her life.

---

After breakfast on Vivienne's balcony, they both had to attend to their daily matters. Azirel a task with Rhys and Vivienne a meeting with Cassian. 

They hadn't been able to talk about the offered position at all at the party the day before. Vivienne's heart beat quickly and her palms were sweaty as she entered Cassian's study.

In all of her time in Velaris, she'd never been in this room before. Vivienne felt as if she'd walked directly into Cassian's mind.

The walls were painted a light grey and her thoughts immediately painted up a picture of her Camp and how the mountains surrounding had been the exact same shade. 

Cassian was already seated at his long, oval desk. Most likely used for war strategies, Vivienne thought as she headed towards an empty chair opposite Cassian. 

The windows behind him were open wide, allowing the late morning breeze to cool her clammy skin. There were also two big drawers behind the desk, full of fighting leathers and sharp weapons.

"Good morning," Cassian pointed a suggestive look in Vivienne's direction when she sat down in front of him.

She hoped her face looked neutral while Cassian's welcomed a big grin.

"Fun night?" there was no missing the tease in his voice.

Now a smile crept onto Vivienne's lips, but she managed to regain herself and said back, "Oh, shut up."

Cassian mumbled something under his breath and before Vivienne could point a finger at him, Cassian pushed a stack of papers before her.

"I know you're already on board, but just let me explain it, okay?" Cassian expression was overflowing with brotherly pride.

Vivienne took a sip of the tea already waiting for her on the worn table before her and pursed her lips together to save the excitement for later.

"Rhys, Az and I have been planing new offence and defence tactics ever since the rebellion and conspiracy with the Autumn Court. Our forces aren't that strong and we're arranging a deal of allegiance with Kallias and the Winter Court."

Vivienne had heard of Kallias and his wife. She had to admit it was a smart move, especially since Rhys actually got along with Kallias, the High Lord of Winter Court. This alliance could gain them a position further south.

"And while we're busy training his army, we want you to work with the Illyrians. Since Winter Court borders to Autumn, it's best if we train in those conditions."

Cassian's eyes gleamed with anger, but not towards Vivienne, as he continued. "I know your last experience with them wasn't by any means pleasant," her eyes dimmed as memories of the betrayal and hatred surfaced. But Vivienne brushed them away, they could no longer hold her back.

"Don't worry about me, Cass," Vivienne raised her head proudly, "I got this."

---

As soon as Vivienne entered the bathed-in-sunlight dining room, Mor's voice boomed from the sofa, "So, how was it, Vivi?" Mor seemed baffled for a second, "Enne? ... V?" she threw her hands up in frustration. "I give up! I can't choose a nickname!"

Vivienne sat down next to Morrigan who was now dramatically spread out on the sofa as if this small problem was too much for her to handle.

"You can call me however you want," Vivienne bit her lip and thought it over. "On second thought I like -"

Mor shot up from the sofa, "I got it! Viv!" she clapped her hands and smiled like she'd just won an argument with Cassian.

Vivienne couldn't do anything but smile and assure her friend she'd come up with a great idea.

Before Vivienne even realised Feyre had entered with a cup of tea in her hands, Mor yelled so loud it shook the house. "This is Viv."

Feyre knitted her brows together in confusion but caught on to Vivienne's expression to have Mor have this. Vivienne didn't really understand why this was necessary, she was still herself.

---

Azriel had been sure he'd never hear the end of this, but somehow the teasing he was currently getting from Rhys didn't annoy him in the least. So much so that he was grinning right back at his friend.

They were walking through the streets of the sunny Velaris on their way to a weapon master's workshop.

"Why are you smiling at me like an idiot?" Rhys couldn't hide the surprise at Azriel's new demeanor.

"Because for the first time in a long time, I feel like it," Azriel's gaze flew out to the sea and suddenly he could feel the sun warming his skin. Just like Vivienne had this morning. Now his grin was replaced by a secretive smile and Rhys only chuckled before inquiring further.

"Well, I for one am glad I'm seeing the joy written all over your lovesick face, Azzie," they turned a corner and were stopped by a group of children who all beamed up at Rhys.

"But as always my dear friend, you pick the worst timing for your adventures," Rhys continued once the children were gone.

Azriel's smile fell a bit and his brows rose in confusion. 

"With Vivienne going to train the Illyrians," Rhys explained and Azriel relaxed again. He was aware and excited for her. 

Their conversation was cut short when they got to the workshop to pick up some new gear. The old man owning it was a true master in his craft and made the best daggers Azriel had ever used. Even now an enthusiastic expression overtook his face as he examined the weapons. 

Armed to the tee they made their way back home, walking past countless little stores offering everything from delicious treats to exotic linens. But one specific store window caught Azriel's mind.

And while Rhys was again occupied by Velaris residents, he entered. 

The glass display cases were full of jewels of all sizes and colours. There was one, however, that stood out to him. A sea-green one that reflected in the sunlight just like Vivienne's eyes did when she was overjoyed. 

"Do you make custom bracelets?" Azriel asked the keeper, the sea-green jewels already in his hand.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

26.8K 809 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...
Seven Courts of Love and Magic nizuaxo

Любовные романы

100K 3.4K 49
The magic of Prythian is fading, and with it everything that Zaria loves. As daughter of Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court, her father's reputati...
665 37 13
It was a known fact: the veil between the worlds was getting thinner and thinner, so the possibility of a crash was already a certainty. The rumors s...
9.3K 160 33
It had been 30 years since the war that rocked Prythian, and a new generation is taking over. Lorelai Darling, heir to the Night Court has all she ha...