ALANNA ✔️

Da LyssahTraicey

All Alanna ever wanted was to be normal. She wanted to be like everyone else but that became extra hard when... Altro

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Final Remarks

Chapter Seventeen

563 59 3
Da LyssahTraicey

Alanna and Ryan had been going through the check in process for the past thirty minutes. When they had gotten to the gate Ryan had shown their passes on his phone whereby they were given badges and led forward. They had proceeded to have their names and pictures taken for security reasons before they were ushered forward for a slight briefing. It was now five pm and the show would begin at six and end at seven. The next part that was about to happen she was definitely not looking forward to it. Since Alanna was going to be in the show with the host she had a different briefing from Ryan meaning they were about to get separated.

"Hey look at me." Ryan requested lifting her chin up so should could look into his eyes.

"It's only for a little while and then you will be done. The show is only for an hour and you and I are going for dinner afterwards. An hour and a half to have the best time of your life." He reassured her.

"Okay thank you for this again." Alanna said with a smile.

"Anytime baby. Now go show Kenya what a whiz you are in the kitchen. I'll be watching the whole time." Ryan replied returning her smile.

They exchanged a brief tight hug before Alanna was called again and they had to separate. She gave him his bag before she was pulled away. Ryan watched her disappear before he himself was led away to join the rest of the audience. His seat was already reserved so he got to sit at the front where he could see his girl more clearly.

Alanna on the other hand was feeling very nervous but she reminded herself that this was one of the things in her bucket list. So she decided to take a deep breath, put on a smile and enjoy herself.

"Okay sweetheart is this your first time on Tv." The lady helping her out asked her.

Alanna chuckled nervously"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes it is but but don't worry. I'm sure you'll do great." The lady whose name Alanna had failed to catch reassured her.

"Thanks I'm really looking forward to it." Alanna replied.

"Good, now here are a few rules you must follow for the show to run smoothly. Always let the chef lead you and if you have any questions make sure to ask him. Don't talk unless talked to. Don't look directly at the camera unless it's labeled face camera then you have to look at it. The rest of the cameras are not for you so don't look. And last but not least have fun and make sure to smile genuinely. People tend to notice fake smiles." The lady instructed and Alanna nodded going over the rules in her head to make sure she didn't forget a single one.

She was given an apron and a netting for her hair since her buns wouldn't fit in a chefs hat which she put on. They then put a microphone on her top and the rest of it was attached to the back of her jeans. Once everything was done and they made sure she was comfortable she was led to another room and told to wait.

It looked like a living room with a set of sofas, a glass table and even a Tv showing whatever was airing on Tv for the moment. She was too nervous to pay attention to whatever was going on. She continued taking the breathing exercises she'd seen people do on TV as and it was actually helping. A few minutes later the door opened and she turned to look at it and in walked Chef Ali in all his glory. He looked even more handsome in person. Alanna had to admit that she'd had a little crush on him when she'd watched his show the first few time but that crush had faded with time. And besides the man was happily married with two kids and another on the way.

She stood up from the couch and watched him approach with a warm look on his face. He was wearing a chef hat with his name on it and an identical apron to Alanna.

"You must be Alanna, my co-host for the day." He said stretching his hand for a shake.

"Yes sir. It's a pleasure to meet you." She revoked shaking his hand.

"Drop the sir please. Chef Ali is fine or Ali or just chef." He replied and she nodded with a smile.

He was also so nice. She knew most media personalities were mean and had an ego but he didn't seem to fit that stereotype and she was glad for that.

"Okay chef. It's really an honor to meet you. I've watched all your shows and love everything you do. I hope to become as good as you one day." Alanna said having really wanted to say that to him ever since she watched his first episode.

"From what I've seen from the pictures sent to me then I think you are almost there. Just never give up on your dreams." He said with an encouraging smile.

"Yes chef." She replied with a smile.

He was about to say something else but the lady Alanna had been talking to earlier walked in and signaled something to Ali and he nodded before turning back to her.

"I'd love to chat more but we can talk about all that after the show. For now I have to head out and I'll see you out there. Just be yourself and it will all be okay." He encouraged and patted her shoulder.

Alanna nodded and watched him walk away through the doors and disappearing behind them. Alanna was left alone again but this time she was much more relaxed. It had taken everything in her not to launch herself at the good chef for a hug because God knows she had wanted to. He had been her highest inspiration and she was having the pleasure of cooking next to him. That was a dream come true and it was all thanks to Ryan.

The lady with the headset came into the room after ten minutes to talk to her.

"Okay Alanna here is what's going to happen. In exactly one minute you'll go through those doors. It's just like a normal kitchen except there are cameras everywhere and on one side is an audience watching you. Make sure to smile and wave to the audience as you walk in and shake the chefs hand or hug him, it will depend on him but you'll see his reaction and know what to do. Just smile and enjoy yourself. It will all be okay." She reassured Alanna who took everything in with a smile engraving it to memory so she wouldn't forget and mess up.

The lady stayed with Alanna until she instructed her to walk through the doors. She took a deep breath and did just that. She pushed the door and came to a hallway leading to two different doors. She walked towards the one written "On Air" and as soon as she pushed through she heard claps welcome her in.

She looked at the crowd with a smile and waved shyly at them  as she had been instructed. She saw Ryan seated in the front row standing up and clapping for her with a proud smile on his face. She smiled back and walked towards Ali. The cameras followed her and no matter how hard it was she avoided looking directly at them. The set look exactly like she saw it on Tv and it was exactly like a real kitchen. She shook hands with the chef and they exchanged smiles.

Once the audience had settled down they looked directly at them and the chef began to talk to the camera.

"As I said a few weeks ago. Today I'm hosting an upcoming chef and we are going to make the dish of her choice. But first I will let her introduce herself." Chef Ali invited.

Alanna knew she had been expected to introduce herself so with a warm smile she turned to the camera.

"Hello everyone." She did a shy wave and she heard the audience chuckle. "My name is Alanna and I'm seventeen years old and in my final year if high school. I've been watching this show ever since it began. Cooking is my passion and Chef Ali is my icon so this is a dream come true for me." She replied and the audience clapped. Ryan definitely clapped the hardest.

"Isn't she just a darling?" Ali asked the audience and they all agreed.

"So what do you want us to make today Alanna?" He asked her.

Alanna didn't know she would be the one to choose what they would be making so this was a dilemma for her. She looked at Ryan for help but he just shrugged his shoulders and smiled at her.

"Well since I didn't know I'd actually be on the show until an hour ago this is quite the difficult question because I have so many things in mind." Alanna replied honestly.

"What do you mean you didn't know you would be in the show until an hour ago?" Ali asked her puzzled.

Alanna thought about what to say for a moment before she decided to be honest. She wasn't sure if that was something she should share on national television but she just decided to go for it. It's not like they had given her a rule book for what to say and what not to say.

"My friend Ryan asked me on a date yesterday and I said yes. Today while in the uber he told me that he had entered my cooking in your contest and I had won so he brought me here for our first date." Alanna explained and the ladies in the audience cooed at them.

"Is this Ryan fellow in the audience?" Ali asked.

"Yes." Alanna replied.

"Can Ryan stand and wave please?" Skis requested and Ryan stood and waved with a smile.

"I know this is not a reality show but give the kid a microphone so he can tell us why he did this." Ali requested.

They obliged to him and Ryan was given a microphone. This was definitely a first for the show, the audience never talked.

"So Ryan tell us why you decided to bring Alanna here on the show for a first date. It's a romantic gesture that's for like the fourth date." Ali asked.

Ryan smiled before replying "Alanna and I have been friends since we were kids and I've always liked her but she didn't like me back. I know she likes me but not enough so I knew I had to do a grand gesture to show her what she really means to me. That's why I entered her name into the contest because I knew she had always wanted to come here even is just as part of the audience. This is my big gesture to show her that I always pay attention to her and I'll always make her dreams come true." Ryan replied and Alanna blushed while the audience went wild.

"Well there you have it folks. Definitely the best first date I've ever heard and because of that Ryan. You and Alanna are going to dinner at my restaurant after this for the rest of your first date all expenses paid." Ali said and everyone clapped once again. Ryan cheered and Alanna smiled in gratitude.

"Okay Alanna since Ryan did all this for you. What do you want us to make for him as a thank you?" Ali asked and Alanna thought about it for a few seconds before replying.

"Mashed potatoes, string beans and a stake." Alanna replied.

"And the young lady has spoken. Let's get to work." Chef Ali invited and for the next forty five minutes the both of them worked together to make the perfect meal for Ryan.

Alanna learnt a lot from Ali during their cooking time together and it made Alanna very happy. She ignored the cameras and just enjoyed herself. The meal was an easy one to make but Ali showed her such a different way of making things that she started thinking about cooking in a whole other way.

When they were done Ryan was called to the kitchen to taste what they had made for him and he liked it very much. He even kissed Alanna's cheek for everyone to watch making her shy.

"Okay everyone that's all we had for today. We wish Alanna and Ryan all the best on their first date and in this new budding relationship of theirs. Thank you for tuning in and goodnight." Ali said and they all waved to the camera with smiles on their faces.

They got off the set and headed back inside to the waiting room. Alanna talked to Ali for a few more minutes just getting to known him as he complimented her cooking skills before he was called away for other things. Alanna got her signed recipe book and they got to take away a lot of giveaways from the show like chef hats, aprons, beanies that Alanna had fallen in love at first sight and many more.

True to his word Ali had a chauffeured car ready to take them to his restaurant for the rest of their date. They had gotten top notch treatment and it had definitely brought the two closer.

Later Ryan had taken Alanna back home safe and sound.

"That definitely took a turn I did not expect but it was all for the better." Ryan said to her when they got to her front door.

"This whole night was unexpected for me. Thank you Ryan I had a blast." Alanna said for the hundredth time that night.

"The pleasure was all mine darling. I know you are tired so I will allow you to go rest. Ill see you tomorrow." Ryan said.

"Okay Ryan goodnight. See you tomorrow and text me when you do get home." Alanna instructed.

"Yes ma'am." He replied with a chuckle.

He leaned in and kissed her cheek and her forehead before walking away. Alanna knew she wasn't ready for anything more than that and she liked Ryan even more for seeing that and respecting it.

Alanna watched him disappear before unlocked the door and walked in with all her bags. She had turned off her phone after it had started blowing up when everyone saw that she was on Tv. She was too tired to shower so she just locked the door and walked into her room to change into her pajamas and rest. She turned on her phone and started replying all the messages she had received. Most were from her friends and family and a few were from people she didn't even know. She made sure to ignore those.

As soon as Ryan texted her that he was home safe she muted her phone and placed it on her bedside table before sinking into her covers and calling it a night. Ryan had made her first date ever very memorable and if he continued like that she saw their relationship going very far.

##################################

Second part of the date done and done. Hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. Make sure to vote and comment.

As always. I love you 3000.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

401K 13K 42
Started: 11/6/2020 Completed: 12/26/2020 "I hope you remember what I said, Atlas," he said. He went back to his firm tone of voice now that we were a...
18.6K 797 42
An idea popped into my somewhat witty brain. "Ooh, can I call you 'Mophead', since that's what your hair looks like?" He laughed. The way his eyes li...
20.9K 2.2K 40
"Brothers ?" "Yeah" "Nah ! I will choose my boyfriend over my rude ass brothers" "Wow ! You hate your brothers that much, Olivia ?" "I despise them...
180K 5.1K 72
I have three basic rules to live by Don't draw attention to myself. Make it through another year. My brother's friends are off limits. My junior year...