Deeper

Autorstwa anya_jayvyn

In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." Hi... Więcej

1 | Encounter
2 | Vaughn's Effect
3 | The Bad Boy
4 | First Day
5 | The Best Friend
6 | The Beginning
7 | Tutor
8 | Rush Hour
9 | Sushi Date
10 | The Alley
11 | Breaking
12 | Safe Haven
13 | Heartbeat
14 | First Kiss
15 | The Ex
16 | Gossip Girl
17 | Denial
18 | Desire
19 | Stranger
20 | Escaping
21 | Wild
22 | Possessive
23 | What the Heart Wants
24 | First Time
25 | Breakfast
26 | The Shadow
27 | Another Breakfast
28 | Breaking In
29 | In the Dark
30 | The Bodyguard
31 | Confession
32 | Submission
33 | Little Treasure
34 | Past and Present
35 | Bloodshot Eyes
36 | Cold Heart
37 | I Trusted You
38 | Broken
39 | Stay
40 | Gone
41 | I Miss You
42 | The Painful Truth
43 | Crumbling
44 | Your Lies
45 | Blind
47 | Kidnapped
48 | Silent Cry
49 | Forgive Me
50 | The Other Half
51 | Not Today
52 | The Killer in Me
53 | Don't Go
54 | New Beginning
55 | Don't Look Back
56 | Moving On
57 | Chasing Her
58 | No More Us
59 | In Your Arms
60 | Regrets
61 | Here With You
62 | Gravity
63 | Nightmare
64 | My Everything
65 | I Love You
66 | Back to You
67 | All That Matters
68 | Farewell
69 | Always
Epilogue
Spin-off Story | Broken Sky
Special Chapter
Spin-off Story | Luna
Story Copyright
Casts & Mood Boards

46 | The Player

411K 12.9K 5.9K
Autorstwa anya_jayvyn

AN:

Thank you again for reading and sharing your thoughts, guys.

I initially wanted to write this chapter about what happened to Melanie, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So now we're gonna move on to my baby Jake.

And please excuse his language (sorry again). Everybody in the story is livid now...so yeah.

***

I can't believe what Vaughn just said to me about Melanie. Fucking bastard. How dare he did that to my sister. I'm trying my best to refrain myself from beating him into a bloody pulp, because at least he deserves to get an explanation.

He said about a video. The fuck? As far as I remember, everyone had already left the moment Camila came out of my room.

And did he just say that I made her drunk? That I trapped her?

My blood is boiled, and I feel like I'm about to explode. This is all because of that woman. Filthy liar. Snake.

Poison.

"You clueless asshole," I bite out, glaring at him, while he's still eyeing me with such coldness. "You really wanna know what happened that night?"

I scoff, knowing that he won't take this information lightly.

Eight months ago...

I always thought that my best friend's girlfriend was pretty, but I wondered why he thought that she was so special. Sure, she was the sexiest and most wanted girl in our college, and such a talented dancer as well. But I never liked her personality. And I had a good reason for this. In fact, I felt it the entire time she was around.

Just like the day when I sent two girls out of my house after they'd been clinging at me for hours and started to be annoying. Their names were Kirsten and Brea... Wait, maybe Kristen and Brianna? I couldn't even remember. Whatever.

Just as I opened the door for them to leave, Vaughn and Camila arrived at my house.

"I'll see you soon, Jake?" Brianna kissed me on the cheek and winked, while Kristen seemed reluctant to let go of my arm. God, I thought I'd given them hint that they shouldn't be expecting my calls. But I smirked anyway. Maybe if I got bored, I would call them.

When the two girls walked off, I could sense that Camila was staring at me, as if she'd seen something interesting. There was nothing new about me being a player, so why did she seem to get intrigued by my behaviour just now? Her eyes held mischief, and I didn't like them. It's like she was thinking about my weakness and that she had power over me.

"Dude, is it started?" Vaughn stepped into the living room to catch the football match on TV, while Camila still lingered in my doorway.

She stepped inside too, but not before putting a gentle touch on my shoulder and throwing me sultry look while her boyfriend wasn't looking. I almost winced from that gesture.

Bitch.

That wasn't the first time it happened. Many times before, I caught her stealing a glance at me, playing her hair while talking to me, or lowering her voice into a seductive whisper when she spoke to me. What the hell was this girl up to? I got it that I loved girls and that I liked to be entertained by them. But if she thought that I was expecting that kind of treatment from my best friend's girlfriend, then she was crazy.

If Vaughn hadn't been so head over heels for her, I would have warned him.

Days passed, and it was time for the guys to celebrate our recent football championship victory at my house. The doorbell rang while it was still too early, so I wondered who it was. To my surprise, Camila stood by the door.

Without Vaughn, since he was having research for his project out of town.

"Congrats, captain." She smiled. "I thought I could be here earlier to help you prepare the celebration?"

I almost scoff, knowing that she was lying. First, Vaughn hadn't told me that she was coming. And second, he wouldn't allow her to. As far as I remembered, dude was quite protective of his possession and wouldn't want her to be in the presence of many guys even if it was us.

"It's just the guys, Cam. You don't need to come," I told her, straight to the point.

She looked taken aback by my quit-beating-around-the-bush thing and swallowed. Her cheeks turned slightly pink from the shock and embarrassment. I scrutinized her.

"Well, can I just use the restroom for a while? I really need to," she said, and I didn't even bother to hide my annoyance when I stepped aside to let her come in. She disappeared around the corner of the hallway, and I scoffed in irritation.

I was walking into my room to check my phone when I heard the sound of water from my bathroom. To my surprise, Camila stepped out of it.

"Why are you here? You could just use the one in the hallway." Without even waiting for her to answer my question, I turned my back at her and began to walk out of my room.

"Well." She sighed, her voice soft and alluring. "I don't know. There's just something about this room that draws me in. It's just... The scent, the atmosphere, is so you. This room feels like you."

And that made me stop short in my track.

Fucking bitch.

I guessed that it was time to give her some lesson. A hard one.

You want to play around, huh? Well then, we should. But I'm going to do it my way.

"You know what?" I turned around, and my voice softened as I slowly asked her, "If that's the case, why don't you wait for me in this room until the guys are gone, hm?"

My words must have sent shivers down her spine. I watched as she stared at me with dreamy eyes.

The celebration was over later that night. We'd just chilled out without doing anything big that we hadn't done before. Austin was the last person who left the house, and once he did, I walked back into the hallway toward my room. There, I saw Camila walking up to me with a bottle of champagne in her hand. She looked like she couldn't wait to throw her arms around me.

"What took you so long?" she pouted, and I swiftly took the champagne bottle from her hand while she cornered me against the wall.

"Impatient, aren't we?" I whispered in her ear. She was so evil and ugly that I couldn't wait to bring her up high in the sky before pulling her down to the ground.

In no time, we were already kissing and slipping into my room. I remembered throwing her dirty words here and there. This was where I went wrong. I was wrong that I took advantage of the situation, even if I was doing this to give her a lesson for messing up with my best friend.

Camila was indeed impatient when she climbed onto the bed, with me lying down beneath her. She slowly unbuttoned my shirt and continued to kiss me.

"Be mine," I said. My voice was lack of emotion, but she was too absorbed in the new sensations consuming her that she didn't realize it. "I don't want any other man to touch you once you are mine."

"Jake?" she rasped between our kisses, and when she pulled away to look at me, her eyes told it all. That I'd had her on my feet.

"Break up with Vaughn," I said. I felt sorry for him, but this bitch didn't deserve him.

No. Now that I thought about it, I didn't feel sorry at all.

She looked at me with wide eyes, lips parted.

"You heard me." I had to fight the smirk that threatened to creep on my lips. "Break up with him. It's him, or me," I deadpan. "You know the answer, don't you? If you still need to be convinced, then I have no idea why we're even here. Maybe we should think again--"

"N-no, I'll do it." She was quick to reach for her phone, and that made me feel even more nauseated toward her.

How could this bitch bow to me so easily? Then I realized that it was the first time I'd asked someone to be mine.

I'd never wanted to own any woman. But ironically, most women wanted to be owned by me.

And Camila was one of them. She'd been so, for a long time, although I had no idea why. All this time, Vaughn had been a perfect boyfriend.

I watched as she spoke to Vaughn without any single trace of guilt nor heartbreak on her expression, and anger consumed me. Vaughn could get any girl he wanted, but he'd been stuck with this witch. It was about time that he realized how stupid he was.

I could hear Vaughn going frantic from the other side of the line, but Camila hung up. Just like that.

"Done?" I asked.

She nodded, sighing.

"I said that I didn't think we could make it out," she said. "It's not like we never fought. We fought too. He was too controlling sometimes. And I need space."

"That's perfect," I lied, getting out of my bed, making her frown. "From now on, stay out of his life." I took my shirt and begin to button it again. When I looked at her again, fear crossed her expression. Bingo. "And stay the hell out of my sight," I bit out harshly, shocking her to the core.

The colors drained from her face as she stared at me in disbelief. Her expression was priceless. She choked, "Y-you tricked me?"

"I tricked you?" I scoffed. "No, you tricked Vaughn."

"Jake!" she cried out loud, her voice shaking.

"You really thought that I was that low, huh?" I asked with sarcasm. "You really thought that you had power over me? You really thought that you were my weakness?"

She just stared at me, her eyes red, and she was shaking now.

"Let me tell you something," I hissed. "If you think I'd choose a woman over my best friend, then you're wrong. You don't deserve Vaughn. And if you think that you can get back with him, then think twice, because I'll let him know everything about this pathetic bitch standing right in front of me." My words were so harsh that I was surprised that I could say such things to a girl.

"No," she stuttered. "Vaughn will believe me. He'll choose me. He won't believe you."

"What makes you think so when I have all the proofs here?" I snapped, starting to lose my patience. "Did you forget all those vague but controversial texts you sent me? Any guy could have figured out that you were flirting with me. In fact, not just Vaughn, but the whole university will know how you cheated on him."

She shook her head, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

I smiled. "But of course, we can keep it a secret. I don't want Vaughn to find out that his girlfriend was cheating with me, as much as you don't want the whole university to know about that."

Now, her sobs broke. "But-- but I love you, Jake," she whispered brokenly. "I-I've loved you for a long time."

My jaw tightened, and I was sure that she could see the fire in my eyes now. "Then tell me, what is it that you love about me?" I hissed. Hearing no answer from her, I scoffed. "See? You couldn't even answer that."

And with that, I left her.

As I'd expected, Vaughn kept going after her since the breakup, but she just dismissed him, knowing I'd threatened her.

What I didn't expect was that she would disappear three months after, and then returned back fucking pregnant with God knows whose child.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

19.2K 1.6K 40
**A Romance, Teen Fiction, and YA Featured Novel** Worlds collide when a formerly overweight teen befriends a blinded football player and is forced t...
159 3 8
I just met this handsome guy and on our first night we kissed. It was delightful and we even slept on the same bed. We spent the night together and w...
8.8K 776 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
20.5K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...