A House Closer to Death ||| B...

Bởi MemeDealerK

¡¡¡WARNING!!! THIS STORY CONTAINS: ¡GORE! ¡POSSIBLE MENTAL DISORDERS! ¡SWEARING! ANYTHING NOT LISTED HERE WI... Xem Thêm

"The Lord yoinketh and the Lord yeeteth away"
Round 1, Chapter 0: The Bonfire of Honeydale
Round 1, Chapter 1: Welcome to the Show!
Round 1, Chapter 2: "Life finds a way around"
Round 1, Chapter 3: A Waste of Precious Time
Round 1, Chapter 4: The Murderer's Message
Round 1, Chapter 5: And history repeats...
Round 1, Chapter 7: Accusations End In Distruction
Round 1, Chapter 8: No More Bloodshed
Round 0, Chapter 1 - 1: Ruler of Everything
Round 1, Chapter 9: His Pen Name
Round 1, Epilogue: The Ballad of Life and Death
"The End?"

Round 1, Chapter 6: Beyond Human Eyes

428 11 19
Bởi MemeDealerK

I gently opened the bedroom door, the creaking of it already giving me away.  But no one can see me out here, and no one is crazy enough to try and hunt me down.  I watched him walk into the bedroom right before, and it was absolutely perfect for me.  He was shaking, more than I ever anticipated him to, but it's not like it's gonna stop me.  I look out at the living room one last time.  Out at him.

I'll show you pathetic.

No!  No no no no no no no no no!  Why are they here?!  Why are they after me?!  How did they get in?!  I locked the door, I vividly remember locking the door!

But didn't Lara lock the door too?

I tried to scream, but nothing was coming out of my throat.  It was like a horrible nightmare, but I knew for a fact it was real.  I watched as the killer closed the door behind them, at which point my adrenaline kicked in too soon, and I ran to the door to get away.  But it was locked again.  Even if it was still locked from the inside, it wouldn't give me enough time, because I already felt a tight grip on my arm as whoever it was yanked me away.  They flung my body into the wooden frame of the bed, my head hitting the corner of it.  I have so little time to react that I might as well have no time to react at all. 

Finally, I was able to let out a blood-curdling scream, tears streaming down my face.  Please, I'm begging for someone to hear me!

He thinks screaming for help is gonna do anything?  Only if it would, but it doesn't.  I just let him scream for a while until I grabbed him by his hair and slammed his head into the corner of the bed frame.  I kept doing that, blood leaking down from where I hit it.

Die. Die before I begin to regret it again, please.

There's no way they can't hear me! Even after my head starts getting bashed in, I keep screaming for something, anything to come save me.

I can feel a warm liquid begin to trail down the back of my neck, and what very little I could see at the moment began to get blurry. I get lightheaded, nauseous, tired. Still, I kept calling for help, even if it was pretty much useless now, and it was just wasting my energy. Well, what small amount of energy I had left, anyway.

This was it, I was gonna die, alone with nothing but the Murderer and my fading cries of help to accompany me. Tears are trailing down my face, blood smearing on my back. My efforts to fight back are useless, as I can feel my eyelids fluttering shut.

The last thing I hear is the sound of the door opening once again as a more calming blue light suddenly filled my blackened vision.  Unfortunately, it doesn't stay for long.  It fades away and I pass out with pain still coursing through my body like blood.

***

I stayed right outside the doorway of the bathroom for a long time.  All I could do was hope and pray I chose the right person this time.  Seeing the other two dead was bad enough, but if I keep failing like this I'll never be able to save anyone.  That's my job, isn't it?  I'm supposed to be the Medic.  I'm supposed to save them from the Murderer.

But I haven't even managed to do it once.

Just as I begin to start silently crying to my stupid self again, my vision brightens.  I can see the area around me, it wasn't pitch black anymore.  I could see everyone in the kitchen and the living room, I can see the doors to the backroom and the bedroom clear as day.  But I knew the lights weren't back on, because if they were everyone would be looking around and talking again.  I then hear a loud scream coming from the bedroom.

At first I waited a while to make sure no one was coming for me.  But the screams didn't end, and so I shot up in complete disregard to my surroundings, bolting to the bedroom door as quickly as possible.  The doorknob indicated that it was locked, but upon twisting it revealed it to be the exact opposite.  I swung the door opened and almost backed up at what I saw. 

Please tell me I wasn't too late.

Charlie's body was slumped against the corner of the bed frame, and his killer kneeled right in front of him.  They turned to me in complete shock, like they weren't the one who's supposed to kill me.  All I had for defense was a medkit, which was shoved under my arm.

Their shock died out quickly as they jumped to their feet.  They pulled out a knife and tried to attack me, which I barely avoided the first time.  The second time, they grabbed my arm and yanked my face closer to them, taking no time whatsoever to stab me right in my left eye.  It took all of my effort to not scream out in pain, especially when they ripped the knife back out of my face.  Tears stung painfully at my eyes, burning the freshly cut one even more.  The Murderer dropped me to the ground, and I could've sworn they planned on killing me, but they stopped.  They started shaking as they ran out of the room, dropping the knife behind them. 

I closed the door as quickly as possible, leaning against it to ensure they wouldn't come back in. Finally, I took a long breath of relief, slumping down and sitting on the dark wooden floor. My eye was bleeding profusely, but I figured I could deal with that later. First, I had to see if Charlie was still alive.

Thankfully, the door creaked way too much for the Murderer to sneak back in, so I'd at least know if they were here. I scooted closer to him and put two fingers on the side of his neck, feeling for a pulse.  Thank god it was there, but it was faint, and I could tell he was still bleeding.  I grabbed the medkit and flipped it open, taking out a bottle of rubbing alcohol, a small rag, and roll of bandages. 

I wiped most of the blood away and cleaned up the cut as best as I could, wrapping the bandages around it soon after.  Once I was done, I picked him up and carried him over to the bed, laying him down. 

Please don't die.

***

My eyes slowly opened up and I groaned from the pain of adjusting to the lights.  Once I could clearly see my surroundings, I looked around. 

Where am I?  This isn't my-

Oh.  The house.

The memories already flooded back to me, the gruesome deaths of Lara and Liza, along with the disappearances of Veronica and Ash.  Now we all thought Alex was the Murderer and...

Wait, I was the one attacked last night.

I'm supposed to be dead.

I sat up and looked about the room once again. I let my feet hit the old floor boards beneath me, the now familiar creaking noises playing out slowly. Standing up was more of a task at that point, as my legs felt like they could give out under me at any minute, but I still tried to persist and stumble over to the door. As you may expect, I collapsed onto the floor after not even getting halfway there.  I groaned and got back up, deciding to just wait for someone, and with a bit of more stumbling, I flopped back onto the bed. 

Trying to get up didn't help me at all, and if anything it only made things worse because now I have a splitting headache and I feel even weaker than before.  I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, but to no avail.  My body shook as I still attempted to keep my composure, which grew a lot more difficult every second. Not even a minute later I start sobbing, half of my face buried into the now damp pillow. I dug my nails into the blankets, gritting my teeth as my headache turns itself into the worst kind of migraine you could imagine. Thankfully, before it could get any worse, I heard the door creak open and it stopped very suddenly. My breathing's heavy as I sit up to see who it is.

It's Ally. She has a cotton patch over her left eye, but other than that she looked ok. We both just stared at each other for a while until she let out a sigh of what I assumed to be relief.

"Thank god you're ok."  She muttered, still just barely loud enough for me to hear her.

"Ally, what's going on? What happened to you?" I asked. She just shook her head.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch." She shrugged it off. "Besides, I'm more worried about you. You got really beat up there."

"I think I'll be ok."

"You think?"

Truth be told, I was mentally and physically screwed. I was attacked, for gods sake I shouldn't even be here right now! But I had to keep myself together, because everyone around me is already falling apart, so who else will?

"Yeah." Was all I could say before the speakers blared on again. I flinched for a split second, but quickly regained my posture and looked up.

"The Murderer has attempted to kill the targeted player last night. However, the Medic managed to save them, so no one has died!" 

I sighed a bit myself as they continued.  "Even though no one's dead tonight, the game will still continue and no one will leave just yet.  Voting will be in 30 minutes as per usual."  

It shut off again.  Ally turned back towards me. 

"Charles, I can trust you, right?"  She asked.  I was a little shocked, since the only time anyone ever used my full name was when something was about to get really serious. 

"Well, I guess so.  A Murderer attacking themselves wouldn't be very logical."  I smiled a little to try and lighten the mood, but to no prevail. 

"That's not what I'm worried about."  Ally said.  "Just... promise not to tell anyone else, ok?"

"Promise."  I nodded.

She looked at the door for a moment, I guess to check if she closed it on her way in, and hesitated before turning to me.

"I'm the Medic.  I saved your life last night."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

131 0 6
You may or may not have heard of the game Flicker, but this is a script for it I started writing in 6th grade. This (eventually) 5-part script is abo...
297 0 7
15 people are invited to a gathering to honor the death of a friend. When they arrive, however, everything fades to black. When they awake, a voice t...
1.7K 31 29
!SLOW UPDATES DUE TO MY LAZY ASS! Ye, welcome to some random sh*t I thought of making, request your doors ships. I can also write x Reader if you wan...
5.9K 119 19
After being unsuccessful to find a job, Indah has no way to pay rent and was near eviction. That is, until she finds a flier that claims she would wi...