It's Complicated (Kagari x Re...

Da Saraez_1243

In a world in which you're judged by your Psycho-Pass, whom do you believe? A machine or a person? When you... Altro

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2 : More than a Subordinate
Chapter 3 : Another Damn Killer
Chapter 4 : Nomen Fratris Mei
Chapter 5 : The Butterfly Effect
Chapter 7 : A Love I Can't Admit
Chapter 8 : We Meet Again
Chapter 9 : Last One Standing
Chapter 10: Alone Again
Chapter 11: Betrayed By Trust
Chapter 12: Lets Run Away Together
Authors Note (Please Read)

Chapter 6 : A Brother Long Lost

3.2K 108 21
Da Saraez_1243

You were suspended for a few days until you were completely cleared of suspicion. After arriving back at the MWPSB building you received a text from Akane. 

Hey (Y/N),

me and Kogami are going to look for a friend of mine who has been missing for a while.

... Does she need my help?... Why is she texting me this?... At least now I know where she is?...

You finished reading the text and rolled your eyes while starting to text her back. In the text you offered your and Kagaris help but she kindly refused. Akane assured you that she was safe with Kogami and that she would call you if it was necessary.

You sighed and started walking into the MWPSB building but you stopped as you noticed a small bakery on the other side of the street. You smirked wickedly as you chuckled. ... I think it's time to test Kagaris hate for kiwis... Just to screw with him...

The bakery was small and cute, as you entered it, you couldn't deny the smell of fresh bread and cakes. There was an older woman behind the counter, you smiled at her and pointed at the cakes, "May I have two slices of that chocolate cake?"

The old woman smiled and started getting the cake slices you pointed at, "Of course, my dear." After getting them and rapping them up you thanked her while paying. She smiled and asked, "Do you plan on eating those with anyone, deary?"

You smiled at her and said, "Just a special friend. Why do you ask?"

The woman smiled a smile as sweet as the cakes in the store. She was visibly happy as she pointed at a sign hanging above the entrance, "We have a special deal on cakes if you plan on eating them with a lover you get 10% off." ... Well that's... odd...especially since I could just lie...

You blushed and excused, "Oh, but we're just friends!" After walking toward the door you heard her lightly giggle, "Okay deary, have fun with your friend. But before you leave, just take some advice with you." As you turned around to look at her curiously, she continued, "Friends like that are rare, don't let him go. I didn't."

As the store owner smiled you started to blush more. You thanked her for the advice before leaving the shop and towards a grocery store nearby. Now you just needed kiwis for your plan to be set.

After buying everything you needed at the store, you put them in the bag with the cakes. You smiled the whole way back until you entered your office. Nobody was in the room so while walking over to your desk you got out the small plastic plates you bought and placed them onto the surface of said desk. ... At least I'm alone now, what a bother it would have been to explain this experiment...

The cake for Kagari was placed onto the plastic plate as you got out the kiwis and cut them open while pouring the juices onto the cake. After that you wrapped the cake back up and drew an X on the paper bag it was rapped in so you would know it's his cake. After arriving at the medical ward you walked to Kagaris door. ...This is going to be fun...

You opened the door to see Kagari laying in bed, you smiled at him and announced, "I brought cakes!"

The enforcer smiled back at you and replied, "Great, I need something sweet. Otherwise I might die of sugar depravation." You walked over to the small kitchen in the corner of the room and placed your bags onto the small white counter.

You tried not to smile too much while getting out the two plastic plates and placing the cakes onto them. You picked up the plate with his cake and handed it to him while getting yours on a plate and quickly sitting down on the chair next to him.

You looked at him while he started eating his slice of cake. To prevent laughing out loud, you took a bite out of your cake. But this method didn't work for long since you noticed when Kagaris eyes widened in disgust, "Did you put something in here? It tastes funny." ... Damn... he actually noticed... I guess I shouldn't have poured so much...

You smirked while saying, "Oh nothing... just a bit of Kiwi, since you love it so much."

Kagari glared at you while starting to pout like a child. You smiled and while giggling you said, "Fine, we'll change plates if eating a bit of kiwi so so horrible for you."

"How do I know you didn't put anything in there? You snake." You shrugged and said, "As you wish, you can continue eating yours."

Before you could have another bite he grabbed your plate and started eating it. You smiled while sighing and as you started to eat his slice, you wondered what his problem was. ... I don't see the problem, it doesn't taste that bad...

You chatted a while and after eating about half of your cake you stood up and walked over to the fridge to get some bottled water for the both of you. ... I wish I could always have this much fun with Kagari. God damn it, why does he have to be an enforcer?... But if everything goes according to plan, he won't be for long...

You turned to face Kagari after getting the bottles of water. Kagari was grinning from ear to ear as you handed him his bottle of water. You looked at him while taking another bite of your cake.

While widening your eyes you looked down at your cake, "What did you put in here? It tastes worse!"

You ran over to the sink and spat out the cake. Kagari started laughing while holding up a small empty packet of ketchup. You glared at him but then smiled, "Touché, beating me in my own game."

He smiled innocently and continued eating his cake while you threw away the rest of yours. After you sat back down next to him you got a call from Akane. Kagari gave you a questioning look, this however did not stop him from eating the cake.

You answered it to hear Akanes worried voice, "(Y/N)? I have a problem! Shinya is gone too now after he went to look for my missing friend. Could you please come?"

"Sure Akane, I'll be right there. Call Inspector Ginoza and the others." You hung up while getting up from the chair, "Sorry but I've got to go."

You stopped walking toward the door after hearing Kagari say, "No I'm coming with you." While sighing you turned around and said, "The nurses said that you should wait at least a couple of hours before standing up again."

He snickered while slowly standing up and walking toward you, "(Y/N), what kind of guy would I be if I let a helpless lady get hurt?"

You rolled your eyes and lightly pushed him back a few feet with your left hand, "Yeah, helpless. Just get dressed Kiwi-Boy."

While leaving the room you closed the door and leaned onto the wall next to it. You shut your eyes while waiting for Kagari to finish while starting to think. ... I wonder if S.M. is behind Kogami's disappearance? Probably, but... why get Akanes friend too? But there is always the possibility that Kogami wanted to escape and just used Akanes as a way to achieve that...

Your thoughts were interrupted by Kagari exiting the room in his usual outfit wearing his bright blue jacket. While grabbing his wrist you pulled him toward the elevator.

After you both had gotten into your car you started driving to the address Akane had sent you. On the way Kagari broke the comfortable silence, "I have a question I've been meaning to ask you..."

You didn't take your eyes off the road while replying, "Sure, what's the question?" "On the day you were kidnapped... a bot came up to you and said you needed therapy. What was the number it said? 80 or something." ... Shit I forgot that he heard that damned bot...

You narrowed your (e/c) eyes and, while not losing your composure, asked, "So what's your question?"

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Well I wanted to know how you got it to sink so quickly since after you arrived your psycho pass was about 60 or something."

Your eyes widened a bit as you tried to calmly ask, "How do you know that?!"

"Kogami told me", all you could think was 'at least he's straight-forward'. ... I swear I hope S.M. gets rid of Kogami he's only been causing trouble!... Now I have to lie to Kagari... shit...

You tried to smile and said, "I guess they must've given me something to calm me down." "Oh.. okay", he said, by the tone of his voice, it sounded like he didn't believe you. 

The rest of the drive went by silently until you parked the car. Everyone except Kogami and Akane were standing in front of a staircase that led underground. Karagi and you ran over to Ginoza who was standing between Yayoi and Mr. Masaoka.

When he saw you he said, "Inspector (L/N) go down there and go down the left hallway, me and my enforcers will go down the other hallway." You nodded, "Yes, sir."

While turning around to get your dominators you heard Inspector Ginoza say, "Don't be reckless they have a hostage and we don't know in how much danger Akane and Kogami are in!" ... Do I look like I would run in there guns ablating? And what is Akane doing down there anyways?...

While handing Kagari a dominator you told him what Akane had told you about her missing friend. He listened to you while nodding. After you had gotten your dominators ready, you ran down the staircase with Kagari. 

You pulled out a flashlight while running down the dark hallway. It smelled like trash and the place looked like it was about to break, cracks were in the cement and dirt was everywhere. ...This is disgusting... But I guess this is the Sybil Systems definition of perfect...

After a few minutes of running down the empty hallway you entered an room with the ceiling twice as high as before, with no windows and a few crates. A few steps into the room you heard Kagari mumble something to himself.

You looked at him while he walked in front of you, "What are you thinking?" He inspected the room while replying, "This looks a lot like the set up in a shooter game." You look to the end of the room and say, "A game with human lives? Hm."

Both of you walked further into the room and after a few minutes of inspecting it you heard a faint scream coming from the other end of the room. You looked at Kagari and then started running toward the direction the scream came from. ... Was that Akanes friend?...

A while of running passed until you saw Mr. Masaoka on the ground doing something. As you got closer toward him you noticed he was bandaging Kogami, who was lying down on the ground with bullet wounds. Kagari followed close behind you. ... I guess Kogami is lucky Mr. Masaoka found him since I would have let him bleed to death... Maybe now he'll stop causing so much trouble...

You looked around the room and see Yayoi around a bunch of scrap metal. Kagari and you walked over to her and you asked, "What happened here?" Yayoi looked at you and bluntly said, "This was once Toyohisa Senguji." Kagari looked at Yayoi, visibly confused, "Who?"

Yayoi rolled her eyes at his ignorance as she then proceeded to glare at him, "Don't you watch the news?" Kagari shrugged and said, "Pfft, why would I watch that crap?"

You sighed but as you wanted to say something you heard another scream, you grabbed Kagaris hand as you started advancing toward the scream. Only after you had reached a big metal door from which the scream came, did you stop running and let go of Kagaris hand. You both got out your dominators and slowly opened the metal door to see Akane on the floor shaking and a corpse handcuffed to the railing above her.

The corpse was female and her throat had been cut, her hand was hand cuffed to the railing, holding her lifeless body up. You look at Kagari and quickly ordered, "Kagari get the others here now, I'll take care of Akane."

He nodded then ran out. You looked back at Akane and while walking toward her you heard her mumbling something to herself.

"Akane? Are you okay?" you asked while slowly placing your hand on her shoulder. Akane just continued quietly mumbling something to herself while looking at the corpse above her. You noticed there was a manual shotgun next to her.

You looked back at her worried, "Akane... Please stand up... Sitting here won't do any good." While Akane was slowly standing up you looked up to the corpse. ... S.M... Brother... Did you do this to Akane?... Did you plan on hurting my friend?... 

While feeling guilty over the pain Akane was in you started to lead her outside when the others started to enter the room. As soon as you had reached the entrance, you told her to sit down on a crate next to an ambulance and gave her a blanket. ... I can't believe S.M. would purposely hurt my friend... he wouldn't, would he? ...Did he even plan on hurting her like this or did he want to kill her?...

You quietly walked toward Kagari and asked, "Do you think Akane will be okay?" Kagari smiled awkwardly and replied, "I sure hope so... since she's so damn cute!"

You lightly punched him and said, "Stop joking around! I'm serious... she's one of the few friends I have left..." ... And my only family put her in this state, if on purpose or not. How could I ever look her in the eye again?...

Tears started to come out of your eyes as you placed your hand over your mouth, "W-What if Akane had died? What if w-we had come to lat-" He cut you off while pulling you into a tight embrace. You felt one hand on your back and the other on your hip. You lay against his chest as you heard his heart beat while he placed his head into the crook of your neck.

You started to hug him back, placing your hands on his upper back. You stayed like that for a few minutes until Kagari whispered, "Don't think of the what if's, (Y/N)... just be glad she's still alive."

You look up into his brown eyes until he lightly pushed you away blushing furiously. He then rubbed the back of his neck and averted his gaze from yours, "Now stop crying! You'll embarrass me along with yourself!"

While smiling you replied, "Now we wouldn't want that, would we?" After turning away looking back at Akane you notice that she was talking to Kogami.

...I wonder... Did he get Toyohisa Senguji to kidnap Akanes friend to get to her or to get to Kogami... It's probably the latter, he would never hurt me like that... I know it...

You walked over to Akane while Kogami was leaving. You sat down on the crate next to her and asked, "I'm sorry about your friend... Do you want to talk about what happened?"

Akane looked at you then gave you a weak smile (it was obvious that she was trying not to cry), "Okay... There was this man he had white hair and golden eyes... he held up his pocket knife to my friend... he... he then told me I should shoot him... I aimed my dominator but it said his psycho pass was 40!... It started to sink and then... then..."

... At least now I'm sure brother killed that woman... God damn it! Why would he kill an innocent woman?! But... I wonder if they already know his name... Oh god... please don't let them find him...

She started crying as you comforted her, "Akane, I'll drive you home. I'm sure after a nights rest you'll feel at least a little better... I hope at least."

You helped Akane up and walked over to your car. After she had gotten in too, you started driving off. Silence filled the car until you spoke up, "Do you have any family that could help you through this?"

She shook her head, "No... I don't want to bother them while they're working. I can get through this on my own."

You sighed and asked, "You don't need to go through this on your own. I'll help you the best I can, but do you have any siblings you could talk too as well?" Akane shook her head again, "No, I'm an only child. What about you? What's your family like?"

While continuing to drive you bluntly said, "My mother died a few days after I was born and my father died when I was 10. My brother was 15 when father died."

Akane smiled awkwardly and, to break the tension which was left behind by your statement, she asked, "Oh... what is your brother like?"

You frowned a little, "We haven't seen each other in a while... though we keep in touch. He hasn't been the same since dad died, I still love him regardlessly though. He's family, after all."

"Oh... How was he when you were little? Before your father died." ...You sure are nosy for having just lost your friend...

You sighed and smiled, "When I was five years old, I got made fun of a lot... Every time he would see someone picking on me, he would chase them away. I guess he still is chasing away people who could hurt me... in a weird way."

She started to look confused, "How is he keeping away people who could hurt you?" ... He's keeping people like Inspector Ginoza away... They haven't suspected anything about me yet...

You started to stop in front of her apartment building, "As I said, we keep in touch." She smiled lightly and thanked you for driving her home while exiting your car. After waving goodbye you drove toward your own home thinking about everything.

... Why couldn't we be a normal family?... Why can't we get rid of the Sybil System without killing?... How would killing that woman help get rid of the Sybil System?... How much has he changed since the last time we have seen each other?...

... I'm worrying too much... He'll always be my big brother, he'll always protect me... and I'll always protect him...

...We're family, after all...

_______________________________________________________________________________

What did you think of this chapter? What would you do if S.M. was your brother?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you have a lovely day. :-)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

29K 1.1K 29
maybe the life of crime wasn't for you but that didn't matter anymore. you were already in too deep. outcasted by everyone you knew and loved - the...
11.2K 336 7
I'm going to be completely honest with you. This isn't your ordinary story about some good girl trying to find her way in this world. This story is q...
117K 3.8K 63
(Multi MHA X reader, will include polyamory) Warning, this story contains mature themes and triggers, including but not limited to abuse, rape, murde...
102K 3.5K 25
You are y/n, while crossing the road you got hit by truck-kun. When you opened your eyes. You found yourself in an unfamiliar place. After looking ar...