Snapshot

נכתב על ידי tristam_james

Entry for the SciFriday competition no. 8 - the Duoabble. 200 words, no more, no less. See the rules at: http... עוד

Snapshot

434 34 49
נכתב על ידי tristam_james

“Can you hear me?”

It nods it’s head and attempts to speak.

“Stay still. You’re hurt. There was a crash. They’ll come and help you very soon.”

I’m amazed at how calm I am. In front of me is… something strange, alien. It’s bleeding, trapped in the wreckage. I hear sirens.

“The’re coming, see?”

The alien holds up a device, beckons me closer. I assume its trying to communicate. I lean down, overcoming my fear to get close to the creature. The guys back in class are going to flip over this when I tell them!

“Hold me,” the alien croaks. I feel sympathy for it. It must be in a lot of pain. I lean down and put my arm round it, amazed at my own bravery.

“Look,” it says, it’s eyes focussed on something behind me. I turn my head to look back at the spacecraft - it’s crushed nose poking into the bedroom.

There’s a click from the device in the creatures hand. I turn back to see it smile.

“Selfie,” it says, then falls back, unconscious.

I look closely at the device in it’s hand, then sigh.

“Quanfrox calling mothership. Activate plan Alpha. I’ve been Facebooked.”

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.7M 114K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...
566K 39K 47
THE YEAR IS 2050. Human-like androids have become integrated into society and every household, becoming part of our daily lives. They look exactly li...
7.7K 284 37
Movie name: Avengers age of Ultron Book name: Feelings Date: 2014-2015 "I adore you" -Natasha Romanoff to Wanda Maximoff In which Natasha Romanoff th...
5.6K 246 200
Author:Shen Tianyi, 神天衣 Alternative names:TLE, 领主之兵伐天下 Genre:Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Harem, Martial Arts, Wuxia Source:Gravity Tales Status:Ongoi...