Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lo...

Autorstwa kleavenlost

Lost Series #1. Avi acted her dreams so dearly and all that is important. Sweet. Passionate. Determined. She... Więcej

Until Skies Taste the Sun
Simula
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Kabanata 50
Wakas
Note

Kabanata 1

242 4 0
Autorstwa kleavenlost

Text message

"The crown is still yours, Avi!"

Mia exclaimed, making me wonder if she was really the one who won the recent competition that has happened. I just smirked at her and flex the crown I was still wearing. Umikot- ikot pa ako sa daan na naging dahilan ng pagtingin ng mga tao sa akin. I further hear them admiring my face.

Oh well... There are times I can't resist my face too! Especially when I wake up first thing in the morning with no make-up on and just my bald face. It's true that beauty comes naturally.. when it comes to simplicity.

I have always admired my thick long lashes above my soft- almond eyes, my proud nose.. my white fragile skin that easily turned pink when squeezed. And produces a rose complexion when the sun hits. Once I was feeling kinda insecure about its sensitivity I'd really work on finding and trying products and constantly going to the beach just to get tanned... until I realized how I am perfectly created by God. Because it's.. rare... and unique.

I recall a phrase from Amari Soul's Reflections of a Man that said God makes no mistakes. If everyone could see it from that angle, the public would realize that each was properly formed and blessed by God. People, particularly exposed teenagers, must perceive things in that light in order to be positive and self-loving... And just enjoy the blast of life, without questions being asked to doubt. After all, everyone shouldn't live life one in a million but live once in a lifetime. 

Anyways, we are on our way out. Kagagaling lang namin sa hall after I won a pageant, again. For four consecutive years in college, I held a title and crown. I was crowned as Ms. Tourism in my freshman, and looking back to such an early year of win, I am still proud and honored, of course. Ever since.. it's always been my dream. I have always dreamed to become a flight stewardess and I love everything about aviation. During my second year naman, I was Ms. Villa. Third year, I represented my country and won Miss University abroad. And this year, my title is Ms. Senior year.

But every time I win and someone gets to lose, I feel broken for them. Because I know their hard work. I know we're on the same heart. Although, deep down, I guess it was fine and fair. Because that's how it works. One must win because one stood out. It doesn't mean others aren't good. It just means they aren't in the perfect time and place to stand out. So they begin and find their crown somewhere else. Besides, everything I gain comes with all the hard work too and my best efforts, just like others accord. I never work at something just made out of urgency and impassiveness. It's relieving to say I'm in a good place and time.

I looked at my best friend Mia when she scooted over me and whispered something in my ear.

"What? Tone it up a little bit! I don't even understand what you're saying..."

She sighed. She's calm—if will find intently at the back of her strong personality. One thing I like about her. 

When I looked away and finally walked to the side, that's when I captured what she was talking about.

I saw Third leaning on his BMW, holding a cup of Starbucks coffee, probably sipping on it while his other hand is in his pocket.

Everybody who's walking seems to be looking at him because of his height. Mapapatingin ka nalang sa kaniya because he's so tall as if he rules the place. He is so handsome in those pair of white shoes, together with his fitted sweatshirt that hugged his masculine body. He fixed his wavy semi-long hair ending just below his ears down to the nape when the wind blows. He looked at his wristwatch when he finally noticed me standing now in his front.

"Hi," I greeted with a prim smile.

He smiled back while his eyes were fixed on my sash with amused eyes. "Congratulations."

"Thank you."

Mia already bid her goodbye when she proceeded to the parking lot before I totally reached in here. I didn't have the chance to introduce her to Third, which is secretly favorable for me. I don't really know how to interact properly with this man. I feel awkward.

"Shall we go?" Third asked so I just nodded. He then got my things and open the shotgun seat for me, before trashing the cup of coffee in the nearest bin and finally going to the driver seat.

When he entered his car, he immediately asked me to put on my seatbelt before doing his' and starting the engine. I just gave him a small smile.

It's so silent in the car the whole drive. Socially, I feel more comfortable showing how far I can be hype to those trusted people. That revolves around my small group of friends and family. Hindi ako masalita sa taong hindi ko masiyadong close. I'd say hindi naman talaga kami close ni Third because I just met him a week before.

I met Third for the first time at my Mom's birthday party. I almost choked drinking my wine when I saw them getting near us— especially his mother, the one and only Mrs. Yelena Muccialiliane Ambrose Vilienthal. One of the most important, valuable, and famous persons in aviation all over the world. She's an American aviator who took over the position of AVIA -Chief Executive Officer as the only acting heiress after her parents retired.

They are the famous family clan owners of the almighty Ambrose-Vaughn International Airport, well known as AVIA. The company that I have always dreamed to have a job on after I mastered my degree. I heard that they also have an exclusive flight school for those who want to apply for a job on them, at doon ko balak hubugin ang sarili ko. I am very dedicated.

On the other side of the coin, his father Mr. Vilienthal II— who his name was inherited from is notorious in the field of real estate. He owns the exquisite Vilienthal Realty which he himself built and advocated.. for it to stand firm in the way it mighty stands today.

Every so often..I would think their state of life seems overly imaginary. I bet their fingers aren't enough to count on their wealth and properties. They're so fine and rich I think about how they spend it all and where the infinite eternity goes. But... I guess with their uncountable projects and donations not only to the government for good rehabilitation, I'd also say all their expenses have a good destination. They do charity work, and different events to stand for a cause. I admire their family... They assuredly are solicitude and have a super kind heart to vulnerable ones.

Mr. Vilienthal and my Dad were best of friends ever since they came from one university during middle school. Nagkahiwalay lang sila when it's time for Tito Achelous to fly to America after building his family there. Umuuwi lang sila sa Pilipinas every summer, seasons, and important gatherings. Si Tito lang kasi ang pumupunta noon to pay visit in the house kaya sobra akong shocked na finally... I took sight of Mrs. Yelena... in the flesh! 

Oh, please! I'm a fantastic fan of hers! Lumalabas na siya before palang sa mga TV shows, brochures, blog posts, magazines, and billboards to mentor all facts about aviation.

The moment I saw Marcellus Achelous Vilienthal III, I was totally enthralled by him. He has this strong aura but cool features. I just could imagine how I flushed my cheeks the first time I saw him. He's actually super nice pero tahimik nga lang— came sensing that.

As now... I'm counting on each of the words that would fly from his mouth earlier. Four lang... ang natatandaan ko. 

Congratulationsshall wego

Tahimik din naman kasi ako. This was the second time I saw him mula pa noong party.

Mom messaged me during lunchtime that Third was going to fetch me because we were having dinner together with his parents. May dadaanan pa kasi raw sila so they asked him to track me down from school and then we could go together to the exact location.

My phone rang. I immediately answered it and heard my Mom talking.

"Where are you? Were you with Third already?"

I glanced at Third before talking. "Yes, I'm with him.. We're on our way na..." 

Mom just asked me some random things and how my day went— the minute I tell her that I got to bring home another crown today. She's so happy and proud of me.. nothing changed.

I ended the call after minutes of talking dahil magkikita lang din naman kami mamaya. I stayed silent the whole drive hanggang sa nag-stop na ang sasakyan in front of an Italian restaurant.

We got out of the car after finding a space in the parking lot. Third guided me to go first, so I did. Pagkapasok sa loob, we informed about the reservation and the waiter is suddenly leading us to the table... where our parents are already eating!

They must gone to be so bored waiting for us kaya nag-order na sila. In favor naman sa akin dahil hungry na talaga ako. I didn't took lunch kanina sa school dahil busy ako sa pag-aayos ng sarili ko sa pageant. The time was hectic and I have no other persons to be my helping hand except for Mia. I didn't ask for a make-up artist, stylist, photographer, or any glam team to work on my overall charm throughout the pageant. 

"Hello po," mayumi kong bati sa kanila. 

I kissed my Mom', Dad' and Tito Achelous' cheeks before Tita Yelenas'. Faintly ill at ease pa nga ako kasi sobrang sweet ng smile ni Tita when I kissed her cheeks. I'm not used to it! Lalo na because admirer niya talaga ako. I'm so scared to make a mistake, right!

At the exact same time, Third on the other hand just made a nod before we took our seats, facing one another.

"Bon appétit," Tita grabbed her phone to capture the food. 

Even her normal talking, felt surreal... And her multilingualism is stupefying. Although Tita isn't using any Filipino language but English, French, Spanish, and... Dutch.. My! She's a pure American and still a native speaker of the languages said is really something! She's so very talented in all fields! This is at least one of those!

I started eating the Caprese salad which was served in my front when Tita Yelena suddenly speak up to me. 

"You must be a pro darling in the field of pageantry and modeling! I heard you're a straight seizer for titles. Clair told us you're crowned as Ms. Senior, after winning also titles the preceding years! No doubt, you fit perfectly on it!" I smiled and blushed after receiving a compliment from her.

Tita Yelena has a proud smile on her lips. "Are we looking at the next Miss Universe?"

I only chuckled. I.. can't find a word.. else to continue the conversation but say, "There are other plans to consider po..."

"What plans though? I see you, sweetheart. The way your eyes flicker, I know you're enjoying your time in pageants. I know people and management. I can talk to them! You must start to compile now up your credentials. I can see you have a handful to list and show."

"Uh... Maybe I'll try to think po," I said the safest answer because I don't want to cut her interest in me. 

I glanced at Mom and Dad. Their gazes were locked on me. Because they know my answer. And my answer about considering is not what they are expecting to hear.

"Oh, dear.. I'm sorry,  but may I ask why?" Soon I saw Tita Yelena's face change in deep thinking, I can expect more questions and I don't know how to answer them.

I glimpsed Third wiping his lip with a cloth, and hear Tito Achelous, clearing his throat.

"So, Mom, when do you plan to leave?" I turned to Third when he changed the topic.

Tita, then, so attentively, all became focused on Third the moment he entered. I don't know but the abrupt shift made me smile. Whether it's the reason I was saved or the concept how Tita's world could revolve around his son. They must be so loving.

"Oh, son... I really can't tell just now.. We'll see... Are you and Avi, d'ailleurs, getting along well? You must be friends with her and start gaining more acquaintances now. Nothing but your familiarity and comfort with the folks around here is what we want before we fly..." Tita sadly smiled at Third who was just silently eating. 

I gulped after some time of sliding my lips from the wine glass. I got shy about the topic. Isang tanong isang sagot lang naman kaya kami ni Third.

"Mom. I told you, I'm fine. Just focus on what you have to center on as I do mine here. I still have my old friends back then. Stop worrying," Third expressed in a flat tone.

"I'm just worried, ma chère... You're not as familiar and skilled with the country as you used to be! Tell me you are!" Tita said dramatically.

"Let him, femme. Third's already a big man now, he's all grown up. Trust notre fils when he says he can manage himself," maagap na may kasamang lambing na sabi ni Tito Achelous, before noddding at his son. Tumango nalang si Tita pero naka-pout ang lips niya. She's so cute why.

"But you are still my baby boy, right?" She really can pull a cute pout at her age. "Mon petit garçon..." Tita speaks with tenderness in her voice. 

Third move uncomfortably in his seat. Nahihiya siya siguro sa presence namin, but there's no issue to be shy! Ang cute nila...  I heard na sobrang malambing daw si Tita and showy. I feel like gano'n din naman si Third sa mommy niya.

"Always." He flashed a sweet smile to his mother kaya napayakap naman si Tita sa kaniya. Third then kissed his mom on the top of her head.

I avoided a second of gaze after realizing I became giddy too by his smile. Sure the man knows how to smile sweetly.

Bumaling sa akin si Tito Achelous. "Minsan nagseselos na ako sa kanila."

Natawa kami nina Daddy, the reason why Tita's attention was suddenly diverted to us.

"What so funny guys?" She's still smiling... indeed cheerful despite her age! Parang teenager lang si Tita just like her beauty. So adorable.

Third tore a smirk. "Dad said he's jealous." 

I closed my mouth after knowing Third understands our language, too! I feel like I'm knowing him better and we should do constant dinners!

Tita Yelena's eyes were such a tease and she's laughing now while pointing her face at Tito.

"You know that you're my first baby, my hubby!"

"Who says someone here needs a reminder?" Tito acted as if he was at a loss for words. "My heart knows," he then recovered while making a gentle tap on his chest. Tita Yelena then pulled her boys and kiss them both on their cheeks.

The dinner is not formal at all! I feel like we're really a family who regularly do dinners and this one is just a single count number of our encounters. My chest feels lighter now and I'm starting to freely enjoy the night because of this. 

"We're the ones who are jealous now, Yelena. What a vision of a joyous ideal family," Dad laughed.

"Oh, shut up Mitchell!"

6: 30 was the time we walked our feet out of the restaurant. We lost track of time cuz we really took spent hours with so much fun. We did a lot of catch-ups kaya napasarap din ang kain namin while delving into different dishes one after another. I feel extra full tonight and I'm tired also. It's been a long, long, but great day! Buti nalang sunday bukas so no classes. I wanna go to my bed now and sleep.

We bid our goodbyes to each other and after that, I opened the backseat of our car. I really wanna go home and rest.

We were silent through the drive when Mom broke it. 

"Honey, how do you find Third?" She has this suspect smirk on her lips. My heart fastened at that. 

I don't want to make a noise about the issue they're throwing. I don't even know why there's a need to push myself to act normal!

I was eating my daily dose of chocolates twice this day na hindi mawawala sa bag ko, I feel like I have the right excuse to talk in moderation. "Well... he's... uh, yeah... gorgeous and handsome."

"Handsome?! Gorgeous?!" Dad expressed dramatically but his funny face says otherwise. Mom was just laughing at the side. 

Tumikhim si Dad before speaking again. "Well, mas handsome ako sa kaniya." Sabay wink niya kay Mom. "Right Claire? Am I gorgeous, yeah?" I just rolled my eyes on them nang tingnan nila ako sa rear view mirror habang nakangiti rin.

"Does his handsomeness suites your taste?" Mom asked more. Nag-shrug nalang ako ng balikat even I exactly know the answer.

7: 13 na when we reached the gate of our house. Malapit lang naman supposedly ang biyahe namin pero Mr. Traffic butted in.

"Goodnight, Mom! Night, Dad! I love you!" I kissed my parent before going upstairs. Sweet girl, I am. I can say. I wanna show all the time how much I love my parent cuz they're the most valuable person in my life...and the shadows behind the means of continuing to live a grateful life. 

I always taught myself I shouldn't be wasting time not expressing my love to them dahil goal kong ibigay at iparamdam sa kanila ang pagmamahal na whole... all the goodness that a parent should receive as a payback of looking way afar and displaying regards to everything they've offered and sacrificed for children.

I don't want a moment to have regrets because I cannot say na nandiyan sila palagi sa tabi ko. I want to cherish and make moments with them... for that's the precious treasure I can hold to when everything gets dark.

After getting to my room, I just showered a bit, do my skincare routine and finally get into bed. I sighed and closed my eyes. What a tiring slash exhausting day! I feel like I want a massage!

Before totally getting to sleep, I got my phone up to set an alarm. I'm planning to do some work-out tomorrow morning cuz I already reached the max of my limits ngayong lucky day sa super extended na food kong nakain!

My phone beeped, a sign of a message was received. It's just a number though.

"Whos th—" I didn't finish what I was going to say out loud when I opened and read the message entirely.

From: unknown number

Hey, you up? It's Third.

I wonder why this one sends me a text when he hasn't spoken to me a lot earlier.

"Wait.. where did he get my numbe—" before I had to finish again my sentence, another message was received.

From: unknown number

By the way, I got your number from Dad. Are you available? 

From: unknown number

I need things in the mall.

Huh? Hindi ba siya maalam gumamit ng waze?

From: unknown number

My mom won't allow me to go alone. She wants me to ask you to come with me.

What? Hindi pa ako nag-re-reply pero bakit alam na niya ang dapat sabihin? Does this one have a special power to read one's brain? Anyway, nagreply na lang ako.

To: unknown number

Okay, no problem. I also don't have classes tomorrow, I'm all free! I can accompany you :)

Naglagay ako ng smiley to give radiance to the text and vitalize my message. I don't want my aura to arrived rude or somewhat mataray ang dating. Baka kasi isipin niya napipilitan lang ako.

From: unknown number

Okay, then. I fetch you to your house 7:00 in the morning :(

Huh? What's with the sad face?

From: unknown number

I'm sorry, it was supposed to be a smile one. I accidentally hit the wrong icon. 

I chuckled. 

From: unknown number

We're settled so see you tomorrow.

I don't know but I find our talk amusing and interesting. Ang cute lang. Acting so formal with the right punctuations, apostrophes, complete words.. and even the capitalization of the noun if it follows possessive pronouns. I laughed. 

I wonder if he had a mental breakdown after sending me the wrong emotion. I chuckled again. Why do I find it all cute.. 

To: unknown number

Hahaha its okay, I see u tom! Gnight:)

Before I could hit send, I smirked when I remember it.

To: unknown number

Hahaha, it's okay. I see you tomorrow! Goodnight!:)

Sorry girls, I didn't wait anymore for a reply dahil I'm so sleepy na talaga. I saved his number in my contacts before putting down my phone on the bedside table. I then peacefully sleep.

_________________________________________________________

happy reading ahead!

A gentle reminder, may we practice following orders and protocols from the government. Live through this quarantine and help each one of us to heal.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

20.5K 408 52
Cajara Sisters #1 'I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime and I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine' *** Akira Natashi Cajara's...
345 80 43
A girl who grew up knowing only her name. Finding herself, searching for her parents. Came back to the cursed mansion, facing the queen. Dark memo...
8.5K 1K 32
"Je t'aime ma Lune" namiss ko ang mga katagang yan halos limang taon ko ding hindi narinig ang mga salitang iyan at ngayon muli ko siyang napakinggan...
4K 209 48
Hindi kailanman sumagi sa isip ng mayamang prinsesa ang magmahal ng isang mahirap na alipin lamang ngunit tila pinaglalaruan siya ng tadhana dahil si...