His Name Is Lucifer

بواسطة BrookeDittmar93

People say even the devil himself isn't as scary as Lucifer. Undoubtedly the most gorgeous boy you ever saw... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1. To Grandmother's House, I Go
Chapter 2. His Name Is Lucifer
Chapter 3. The Devil Himself
Chapter 4. Shackles
Chapter 5. Kitty-Kat
Chapter 6. Fired
Chapter 7. Fear of Impact
Chapter 8. What Are You Doing With A Baby?
Chapter 9. Did You Kill Him?
Chapter 10. Alibi
Chapter 11. I Just Want It To Be Over
Chapter 12. How Did I Get Here?
Chapter 13. How Could I Not Have Seen This Coming?
Chapter 14. You're Mine
Chapter 16. The Cabin
Chapter 17. Chasing
Chapter 18. Are You Insane?
Chapter 19. Act of Evil
Chapter 20. Deal Breaker
Chapter 21. Lucifer's Servants
Chapter 22. Nobody Loves Me
Chapter 23. A Talk
Chapter 24. Where The Fuck Is My Daughter?
Chapter 25. Will You Promise Me Something?
Chapter 26. I'll Never Explain It Right
Chapter 27. Get A Room
Chapter 28. Who's There?
Chapter 29. Hurt Like Hell
Chapter 30. Meant To Be
Epilogue: Six Years Later

Chapter 15. How Is That Hangover?

2K 72 22
بواسطة BrookeDittmar93

Kat's POV

Lu was sitting in the kitchen with his head in his hands. The sight of him made my pulse quicken. Would we ignore what happened last night? Would he regret it?

I grabbed some Tylenol off the top of the fridge and grabbed some water. I took it over and sat it in front of him.

Lu looked up at me. 

"How is that hangover?" I asked and pursed my lips.

"I'll let you know when I get rid of this migraine," he muttered.

I chuckled under my breath. I turned around and started making coffee. I didn't turn around. I watched the coffee drip into the pot. 

When it was finished I poured two cups. I slid one across the counter to Lu. There was something about the way his eyes wouldn't catch mine the way the usually did. My stomach turned. I didn't look at him either as I stood across from him. 

I spun around and put the coffee cup in the sink. I suddenly felt his chest against my back. He stood behind me as he placed the cup into the sink. I gripped the counter tightly as my legs shook from the closeness.

"Should we talk about last night?" Lu murmured.

That depends on if you're going to ruin it—I thought to myself. I slowly turned around to face him. "Sure."

His jaw was clenched. "That shouldn't happen again and I'm sorry it did. I just don't think it's a good idea."

I pursed my lips and nodded. How did I know this was coming? "Same," was all I could manage because I didn't feel the same—not at all. 

He lowered his lips and pecked me on the cheek. "I'm sorry." He turned away the second the words left his lips. 

What was he sorry for? Leading me on? Maybe he just wanted to get laid. I noticed men tend to be a little more affectionate when they are drunk or they need attention. My mother was right—all men are dogs. After everything that has happened the past few weeks I have no desire to even ever look at a guy again. I'm not even angry at him. Who would want a broken girl like me?

I sighed and headed upstairs to get dressed. 

***

"Hey, Kat," Carey greeted me as I walked through the door. Today was the last day before winter break. 

"Hey, Carey," I said and smiled. 

"So, it's winter break," Carey beamed.

"Uh, yeah," I agreed. "Which days will you need me?"

"Actually, tomorrow we are going up north."

"Oh," I breathed. "Well, that should be fun."

"And you go with us!" Madeline yelled running toward me.

My eyes widened. "Uh, what?"

"Well, there is this really big cabin that has been in my family for a long time. We thought maybe you would like to come with and see a white Christmas instead," Carey said.

"Oh, really? Carey did you talk to Lu about this?" I squeaked. I didn't want to admit to Carey what happened.

"Oh, yes, of course. It was his idea."

"Oh," I breathed. It felt like someone just punched me in the stomach.

"My sister and her fiance will be there. Lu invited a couple of his friends as well," Carey explained. 

"Oh," I nodded. "Um, I'll just have to ask my grandma." Some part of me was hoping my grandma would say no to me. I didn't want to immediately reject the invitation and make Carey suspicious. I also didn't want to hurt the girls' feelings because they were all three staring at me in excitement. 

Why the hell would Lu want me there? We had barely spoken the last couple of weeks. 

***

Jenna had texted me and told me that her and Lyric have been seeing each other and she agreed to go up north with him. Jenna asked me if I was going. I asked my grandma and she told me she thought it was a good idea for me to go because she would be working. My grandma worked in advertisement. 

When eight o'clock rolled around Lu came in the door. "Hey," he said. He looked dead on his feet. 

"Do you sleep?" I muttered.

"Not much."

"I'll be back. I have to go home quick."

"For what?" 

"Carey asked me to go on that trip up north. Jenna said she was going too with Lyric. My grandma said I could go. I think Maddie would be mad if I said no..." I trailed off. "I have to grab clothes and stuff."

"Right, okay," he said and shrugged. He headed off to the kitchen as I headed for the front door. 

I never told anyone about the kiss with Lu. I'm kind of glad I didn't because it wasn't like it went anywhere. My grandma was still at work; the house was dark. I left the car running because I knew I wouldn't take long. I bolted up to the front door and used the key to let myself in. Once inside I ran up the steps and to my room. 

I grabbed the duffel bag out from under my bed. I looked around my closet and dresser for warmer clothes. I didn't have a lot but it was enough. California wasn't that cold. I didn't have a winter jacket but I had enough money to buy one, even though I would only use it this once. When I was packed up I headed back to my car. 

When I got inside the downstairs was dimly lit. The light above the stove in the kitchen gave off some light but not much and you could see it from the living room. The living room had one light on. I headed upstairs. The hall was dark apart from Lu's light being on and it shined slightly through his half open door. I could hear music but it didn't sound like it was coming from a stereo. I dropped the duffel bag at the guest bedroom door. 

I didn't mean to spy but I was curious. I slowly walked toward his door. I pushed his door open and stood in the frame of the door. He had a guitar in his hands and he was singing. I didn't even know Lu could sing or play guitar. 

My lips parted in shock and I swallow hard. He moved his fingers so fluently. It was as if he always knew how to play. The song was sort of sweet, which wasn't the type of song you would expect Lu to play. 

Lu wasn't looking this way, so it was safe to marvel at him. Ariel was on the bed in front of him staring up at him in wonder and biting down on her teething ring. Lu smiled at her as she smiled at him.

I turned away from his door and headed quickly back to the guest room. I had no right to be watching him like that. I grabbed the bag and went into the bedroom. I shut the door as quiet as I could. I turned the lamp on beside the bed. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. 

After about twenty minutes I heard a knock on the door. I muted the TV. "Come in," I called. 

Lu opened the door and leaned against the doorframe. His hair was wet and he was just in a pair of shorts. Water droplets fell from his hair and rolled down his chest. "Is your stuff ready?" 

"Uh, yeah?" I arched a brow.

"I'm going to go put it in my truck. That way it's less to do in the morning," he said.

"How early are we getting up?" I asked.

"We want to leave here at five in the morning. We are probably going to stop at a hotel halfway. It takes about twenty hours to get to Montana," he said. 

"Where at in Montana?"

"I can't remember the name but it's somewhere near the rocky mountains."

"You have a truck?" I asked confused.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I just don't usually drive it. It's not as good on gas as my car. But since we have to squeeze six people in one of my vehicles..." he trailed off and shrugged. "I figured it would be easier than the car. This way you don't have to sit on someone's lap," he smirked.

"You're an asshole," I muttered. I stood up and grabbed some clothes from the bag then handed it to Lu. 

"What are you doing?" Lu asked when I didn't step away from him.

"I'm waiting for you to get the hell out of my way so I can go shower," I said and batted my eyelashes innocently.

"I would join you but I already took one," he smirked. 

"Shut up, Lu," I muttered and shoved him out of my way. The teasing was back, but why? Lu and I had been like this for a long time but it stopped after the kiss, until tonight.

When I was finished showering I went back to the guest room and crawled into bed. 

***

Lyric, Jenna, Jax, Lu, Mason, and I climbed into the truck. Lu pulled out behind Carey. Carey had a Suburban, which was good for all the kids. Lyric, Jenna, and Jax were in the back. Lu, Mason, and I were in the front. Of course, I was in the middle. Mason's excuse was I was shorter. Which was true. I felt awkward being stuck between the two boys. I really didn't want to sit by Lu for ten hours but I didn't have much of a choice. 

The ride was mostly silent. Everyone but Lu and I would speak from time to time. I had to break the silence because I really needed some coffee.

"Can we stop for some coffee?" I asked.

Jax leaned forward resting his head on the back of my seat. He moved my hair to the side so he could see my face. "What's wrong gorgeous, did Lu keep you up all night?"

"No," I growled and leaned away from Jax. Of all Lu's friends Jax was my pet peeve.

"Well, that is stupid. If you were my babysitter, I would keep you up all night," Jax teased.

Lu moved so fast if I would have blinked I would have missed it. Lu turned in his seat and smacked Jax on the back of the head.

"Knock your shit off," Lu sneered. 

Jax rolled his eyes at Lu and sat back. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away irritated. When I glanced up at Lu I noticed something about his expression. It was anger but there was something more and I wasn't sure what.

We stopped at a gas station for a bathroom break, drink, and gas. I crawled back into the front seat on Lu's side and he climbed in after me. 

***

We stopped at a hotel. Carey, Sara, Ava, and Madeline were sharing a room. Jax and Mason were sharing a room. Lu, Lyric, Jenna, Ariel, and I were sharing another. 

"Daddy, let's go swimming," Maddie whined.

"Maddie, I'm tired," Lu muttered.

"I'll take her," I offered. Anything to get away from all of them.

Lu shrugged, "Sure."

Maddie came into our room and I helped her change in the bathroom. I changed into a swimsuit. When we came out Lu and Ariel were the only two in the room. 

"Where is Jenna and Lyric?" I asked as I slipped into flip flops.

"In Jax and Mason's room," Lu said as he pulled Ariel from the car seat."I think Ava and Sara want to go down there with you."

"Okay," I said. 

Lu stared after us as we left the room.

Sara and Ava were waiting for us out in the hallway. We headed downstairs to the pool. I carried Maddie down into the pool. 

"Can I get down?" Maddie asked as she squirmed.

"No you won't reach and you can't swim."

"But you can teach me," she argued.

"It takes time," I told her. I carried into the deeper part and her eyes widened in excitement. I giggled at her expression. 

After about a half an hour, Carey came down. It was already eight o'clock. We drove for about fourteen hours and wouldn't have as far to go tomorrow.

"Girls, I want you to come to bed," Carey said.

"Awe," they all whined.

"We have to get up early," Carey said in a stern voice.

I walked over to the edge of the pool and handed Madeline up to Carey. Carey wrapped her in a towel and Sara and Ava followed Carey out. I turned around and dove into the water. I loved to swim and I wasn't tired, or maybe I just didn't want to see Lu. After a few laps, something caught my ankle. I swam up to the surface and spun around. 

It was Lu. He still had ahold of my ankle. He pulled me into him until my chest was against his. He wound my arms slowly around his neck as I stared at him dumbfounded. He moved his hands up my thighs and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

My chest rose and fell rapidly against his. He shouldn't be able to do this to me. No other guy ever could but Lu wasn't like other guys. I would have rejected the touch. I would have pulled away to keep what little was left of my heart from breaking. However, he was the one doing it and he was sober. That look from earlier was back in his eyes. He didn't speak as he carried me to the edge of the pool. 

As soon as my back was against the wall of the pool, he wrapped one arm around my waist and the other tangled in my hair. His lips moved hesitantly toward mine.

I was frozen. I didn't know what to do or say so I let him keep moving closer. "Lu," was all that managed to escape me before his lips molded to mine. I thought he was sober but from the taste of cinnamon on his lips I wasn't so sure. 

A/N: This chapter took me all day. I'm not sure why lol. Sorry probably no more updates today. We'll see.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

The Six Of Us بواسطة Jedi💫

قصص المراهقين

513 137 35
Six teens in their last years of high school. Add one best friend, a psycho boyfriend and a snitch to the mix, what could go wrong? Blake, a bi-sexua...
Blindsided بواسطة sjm

قصص المراهقين

8.5K 266 28
Summer Michael needs to undergo a serious surgery soon to live, but there is no donors insight. Making her restless to do the things she would have n...
11.8K 280 71
How far will she go for a man who brings Lust And Dangers to her front door? This is the Lust And Dangers book rewritten into the correct writing for...
The special one بواسطة Ashlyn

الخيال (فانتازيا)

593 43 27
It's rare for elves now a days. Thanks to the hunters. They hunted down almost every elf to get the power within them. But, there is only one elf lef...