Tribute or Victor

NerdyGirl2021 द्वारा

In this Maze Runner x Hunger Games story, you will find out what happens to (Y/n) and her friends. Who will b... अधिक

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 1

841 27 56
NerdyGirl2021 द्वारा

(Ok so I'm not gonna be using any of the older characters from TMR, so people Like Effie Trinket, President Snow, Haymitch Abernathy, they'll all still be in here👍)

You, Newt, Sonya, and Minho we're walking along the streets of district 5, talking about random things that came to your mind. It was a cloudy day, casting a uninviting gloom over the small buildings that surrounded you and your friends on either side. The roughly paved streets looked almost black compared to their usual dark grey, 73 years of use wearing out the color. The soft roar of the dam on the other side of town could be heard over your chatter.

"Hey (Y/n)! You got a couple bucks on you? I'm starving," Minho whines, looking over at the bakery on the other side of the road. You scoff, rolling your eyes as you stuff your hands in the pockets of your blue sweatpants, fisting the crumpled money in your hand. "Ooh. Little (Y/n/n)s hiding something from us," Minho exclaims like a five year old. Running over to your side he nudges you with his elbow, leaning over and whispering in your ear. "They don't even have to know. It can be our little secret," he says, wrapping his arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his side.

"No Minho," you snap, laughs seeping into your words. "I'm finally making my own money. The lady down at the hardware shop is letting me work for her. She's paying me almost four bucks an hour," you say.

"Wait you got a job? You never told us," Sonya squeals excitedly, shoving Minho to the side and hugging you tightly. You laugh at her excited figure, wrapping your arms around her back, returning the gesture.

"Congratulations, (Y/n)," Newt smiles at you, laughing at his sisters reaction. Your lips curl up to match his as Sonya lets go, backing away from you.

"So how's Devon," she smirks, wiggling her eyebrows while asking about the lady's grandson that you work with.

"So how's Brodie," you retort, sticking your tongue out and shoving her with your shoulder, making her tip into Minho. He catches her, helping her back to her feet and she smacks his hands away.

"Hey Newt. I think your sisters falling for me," Minho laughs, making Sonya elbow him in the gut lightly.

"Ya in your dreams," Newt and Sonya reply at the same time, making them roll their eyes at each other while you and Minho laugh at them. You and Sonya were both 16, Newt was a year older than you and Sonya, and Minho a year older than him. Even though they were a whole year apart you would think they were twins by the things the two did ;such as speaking the same thing at the exact same time, or knowing what the other one is thinking without even saying it;

"So (Y/n) about that money," Minho asks with a smirk, gesturing back to the shop you had past long ago.

"Your not getting it Minho so I suggest you stop asking before I ask Sonya to take you down," you retort, shrugging your shoulders.

"Hey man. I think you should probably shut your mouth," Newt indiscreetly whispers in his ear, making you giggle. Minho doesn't ask about it again after that.

Sometime later, you were in the middle of another conversation, when you felt the first rain drop. Looking up you realize that the sky has gotten even darker than before, and it surprises you by how long it's held back. Your gaze shifts back to your surroundings, trying to remember how far away from your house you were. After mapping it out in your head, you realize Minho's house is the closest, then yours, but Newt and Sonya's house is on the other side of town.

"Guys we probably need to get inside before the rain hits. Minho if your busy you guys can come to my house," you say, nodding at Newt and Sonya.

"Wait a minute," Minho whispers under his breath, looking down at the old watch on his wrist. "Shuck," he screeches, spinning around towards us. "I'm late. I have to go."

"It's ok Minho," you laugh at his frantic figure. "I'll just take them back to my house," you say, wrapping your arms around Newt and Sonya's shoulders. He doesn't respond because he's already sprinting away, around the corner and out of sight. You sigh dramatically, looking up at the sky. "Well I guess I'm stuck with you two for now. Come on. Lets get to my house before we all catch a cold."

...

Once your back at your house, your already drenched from head to toe, shivering as you pound on the front door. After a minute your little sister, Trinity, comes and opens the door, and you burst inside, pulling your two drenched friends along with you. Your house was nothing fancy. It was a 5 1/2 room house like most of the other houses in district 5. There was a kitchen/dining room, and a living room on the bottom floor, plus three bedrooms, yours, Trinity's, and your dads up the stairs and a bathroom just off the hallway.

"C-come on g-guys," you say, bringing them over to the small fire in the fireplace in the living room as Trinity shuts the door. In the living room, there was a small loveseat, and your dads single person recliner. They both had the same ugly checkered red and black fabric, but you didn't have any money to try to replace the falling apart pieces of furniture, and they weren't really a priority at the moment. About four feet in front of the seats was a small crate that your projector screen tv sat on (idk what their called lol). "Trinity can you start boiling some water for me please," you ask, wrapping your arms around yourself after pulling off your soaked through jacket. She nods her head, running into the kitchen.

"(Y/N)," a loud voice booms from upstairs.

"Shuck," you whisper under your breath. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna get you guys some dry clothes," you practically shudder from the cold before running up the stairs, leaving them with the fire. "Yes dad," you ask, walking into his room. Your dad was a middle aged man with a scruffy beard, and shoulder length hair that he kept in a ponytail. He had bright green eyes like your sister, and they had the same dark brown hair color. For the people who had never met your mom, they'd think you were adopted.

"Why were you back so late," he asks in a stern tone, crossing his arms in front of his chest. He wasn't being mean, he just worried about you ever since what happened to your mom.

"I was with my friends and we hadn't realized how late it was," you say in a sad voice, hanging your head low as you continue to shiver in your freezing wet clothes. He continues looking at you with a stern expression on his face, before finally sighing.

"Please just be careful," he tells you sadly, wrapping his arms around you protectively, even though you were now soaking his shirt. He lets go of you after a minute, stepping away from you and clearing his throat roughly. "You probably need to change," he smiles at you, chuckling at your shivering figure.

"Ya. Oh um- is it ok if Newt borrows some of your clothes," you ask him politely. Your father chuckles, looking down at you with an innocent smile.

"You like him don't you," he smiles his crooked teeth peaking through his slightly parted lips.

"Daaad," you whine, giving him a look of betrayal. He chuckles again before walking over to his small four drawer dresser. You hear rustling clothes as he shuffles through the pieces of fabric.

"Here this should fit him," he says, tossing you a pair of thin green sweatpants and an old black tee shirt, greyed over time just like the streets.

"Thank you dad," you smile sweetly at him, rushing out of the room and swinging your door open. Yours was the second smallest room in the house, you allowing your sister to have the bigger bedroom other than your dads. There was a small twin sized bed in the corner with a pale blue quilt laid neatly over the mattress. A nightstand with a lamp on top sat right next to it, and a small four drawer dresser up against the opposite wall, just like your dads room.

You take two steps into your room, stopping right in front of your dresser as you crouch down, pulling out the bottom drawer. Shifting through the few clothes you have, you find a pair of shorts and an old hoodie for Sonya to wear. Sighing, you run out of your room and back down the stairs just in time to see Trinity hand Newt and Sonya each a cup of tea she made. They thank her as she walks back into the kitchen. She was only eight years old, but ever since your mom disappeared she wanted to help out as much as she could, so you taught her some basic things that your mother had taught you to help around the house.

"Hey guys," you say, walking over to your friends, still hunched over trying to conserve body heat. "Ok I got these for you," you hand Sonya the shorts and hoodie, "and these for you," you finish, handing Newt the sweatpants and tee shirt.

"Thanks (Y/n)," Sonya tells you, jumping up and running upstairs to change in your room. You sit down where she had been just seconds ago, your back to the fireplace, a shivering ball as you wait for the fire to warm you up.

"Are you ok," Newt chuckles, making your head shoot up from your knees. You hadn't realized he hadn't walked off.

"Oh ya I'm fine," you tell him unconvincingly, wrapping your arms around your knees tighter as you look up at him. "I was just gonna change after Sonya got back. You can go change to. Bathroom is the first door on the right," you say, but then mentally smack yourself. He's been in your house so many times he knows it like the back of his hand. Your cheeks turn bright red from embarrassment.

"Are you sure," he presses, looking down at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Newt just go change," you urge, hiding your red face in your knees again. Seconds later you hear his retreating footsteps and his feet stomping on the stairs as he runs up them. You sigh in relief, pulling your face out of your knees just in time to see Trinity walk out of the kitchen again, a third cup of tea in hand. You smile at your little sister, reaching out as she hands you the small glass cup.

"Thank you," you tell her, expecting her to go back to the kitchen, but she nods, and sits down next to you. Her knees are bent up, and lean in to meet in the middle while her hands rest on them. She stares down at them, a distant expression on her face as she fiddles with her thumbs.

"Hey what's wrong," you ask her sweetly, tucking a strand of hair that fell out of her ponytail behind her ear. She turns her head to you, a sad frown across her lips.

"It's almost here," she says, tears forming in her eyes. Your smile immediately decreases, realizing what she's talking about. It's only three weeks until the tributes will be picked from each district to go into the Hunger Games to fight to the death. Shaking the thought away, you maneuver so your crouching down in front of her.

"Hey look at me," you whisper to her, cupping her cheeks. "I'm not leaving you, ok? Like it or not your stuck with me forever," you tell her, wiping away the single tear that escaped her eye with your thumb. She nods fervently before jumping at you, wrapping her arms around you tightly, just like your dad, not caring that your soaking wet. "I'm not going anywhere," you whisper, giving her a soft kiss on the side of her head. You sit there for who knows how long, when Sonya and Newt both walk back into the room, talking about something that you can't hear. Giving Trinity one more quick kiss on the side of her head, you stand up, offering a hand down to her. She goes back into the kitchen as you jog over to the staircase, passing Newt and Sonya.

"I'll be right back guys," you practically shout, sprinting up the stairs and into your room. Pulling one of your drawers open, you grab a dull orange long sleeve shirt, a pair of white sweatpants, and some under garments. You kick the drawer closed with your foot, and strip down, glad to be rid of the freezing cold, clingy clothes. A sigh of relief escapes your lips as you use an old towel to dry your still damp skin before pulling your fresh clothes on.

Clearing your throat, you walk out of your room, calmly walking back down the stairs and into the living room. You see Newt and Sonya sitting on the floor in front of the two person couch with a blanket over their laps, and Trinity laying down in the small loveseat with her eyes closed. She must have been tired. Using the small hand sized remote, Sonya clicked through the channels, trying to find something that wasn't showing off the capitol or the party happening in district 1.

"How long has she been out," you ask quietly, walking over to them and nodding your head at Trinity whose face as squished up against the arm of the loveseat.

"Just a few minutes," Newt shrugs, scooting away from Sonya and gesturing for you to sit down in between them. You smile, plopping down in between two of your best friends and pulling the blanket up to your shoulders, fisting it in your hands.

Once Sonya finds an old movie that you all agree on, she sets the remote down, snuggling down into the blanket next to you. You had been watching the movie for about thirty minutes, when your eyes suddenly start to get heavy. Your head keeps tipping to the side, startling you awake. Eventually you can't keep your eyes open anymore. Your head rests on the closest thing to it, which unfortunately happened to be Newts shoulder, and sleep pulled you under.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

121K 1.8K 17
Y/N and Airs were together in the Maze Trials when they escaped to the Sanctuary. Meeting Thomas' maze group, they help each other by searching for t...
53.9K 1.9K 40
When Y/n shows up at the glade, she believes she's the only female. Until only a few weeks later when another shows up, yelling her name. What happen...
565K 16K 49
The Gladers had spent about a year in the Maze by themselves. Used to the the cycle of getting a new boy every month from the box, they find themselv...
106K 2.1K 36
Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the glade. There's just one thing different. Sh...