Elusion // l.h

De ElizabethRSchlager

"What happens when your worst demon and fear is your father, but your saviour is the arrogant rich boy you wo... Mai multe

Elusion // l.h
Chapter 1- Hurt, Betrayal, Anger
Chapter 2- Rudiment
Chapter 3- Fear
Chapter 4- Fate
Chapter 5- Sociality
Chapter 6- The Glass Theory
Chapter 7- Numerals
Chapter 8- Mistakes and Silence
Chapter 9-Immortality
Chapter 10-Warmth
Chapter 11-Compliments
Chapter 12-Cheese Chips
Chapter 13- Highways
Chapter 14-Color Blind
Chapter 15- Energy
Chapter 16- Environments
Chapter 17- Tumbleweed
Chapter 18- Homecoming
Chapter 19- Homecoming Part II
Chapter 20- Interrogations
Chapter 21-Problems
Chapter 22- Defiance
My life Update
Chapter 24- Smiles
Chapter 25- Judgement
Chapter 26- Curiosity
Windows- Short Story
Chapter 27- Rehabilitation
Chapter 28- Peace Offerings
Chapter 29- Flour Power
Chapter 30- Ignorance
Chapter 31- Brotherhood
Chapter 32- Tricks
Chapter 33- Anarchy
Elusion Q+A
Chapter 34- A Close Ear
Update and Apology
Chapter 35- Simplicity
Chapter 36- Confession
Chapter 37- Fright Night
Chapter 38- Memory
Another Update (I suck)
Chapter 39- Denial
Chapter 40- Salty Kisses
Chapter 41-Graduation
Update 2020

Chapter 23- Examinations

3.8K 122 37
De ElizabethRSchlager

Today was the day. As my feet took me to school, I had the slight feeling of nausea knowing what awaited me first period. Luke and I sat hours together learning every chapter and I hoped that it was enough. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. But at least I knew that I tried.

If you thought about it, the school system in which most kids and young adults are pushed into, was complete idiocy. The right to education is something immensely important but to what extent? Everyone gets pushed into a massive shredder where only few bits make it out in piece. People get judged by the things they can't do, rather than those they can. Talents get completely ignored because if they are below average in English, then who cares if they are the next Picasso.
Imagine taking a group of animals, an elephant, a dog and a monkey. If you were to examine them, and give them a fair test to climb a tree, what animal would probably succeed? The monkey would be up in seconds and crowned the talented one. The dog does its best and makes it halfway but everyone ignores the fact that the dog can dig the best holes. Digging holes wasn't the test so he only did okay. Then there's the elephant that has no chance to make it up. Everyone would laugh and tell him he's lazy or that he just didn't prepare well enough, but in reality, it's not in his being to climb a stupid tree.
And that was how I felt. I felt like I was the elephant about to climb the tree.

In little time I was at school and I saw Ashton in the hallway. He knew that I had the test today and he grinned in a nervous way from the other end of the hall.

"What are you grinning at?" I jokingly snarled once I was next to him.

"Good luck, I know how hard you guys were studying." He said trying to be serious. Ashton was a rather good student and was considered average. But Ashton was one of those few that understood me. He was the dog and he knew what he could do.

"Thanks. I'll need it." I said accompanying him on the walk to class. I tried to stay calm and I thought I was winning the battle of nervousness.

He gave me a reassuring nod and pat on my shoulder as we stood in front of the class room. I ignored the hand on my shoulder, as I did most of the time, and sighed.

"I'm going in." I said and he laughed nodding.

"You'll do fine." He slightly yelled as I walked in and took a seat. I noticed that Luke hadn't yet arrived and I took the seat in the back like he usually did in hopes that he would take the seat next to me and I could cheat if need be. There was still five minutes until first period started and I told myself not to take a look at a single book or note, because I didn't want to fry my brain more than it was already.

The annoying sound took over the building as first period started. The teacher walked in with his stupid leather bag hung around his shoulder like some annoying European wannabe fashion hipster. I rolled my eyes at the mere sight of the horrid man, since he in his hand, had the paper that determined my pass or fail.

I was surprised that there were no consequences after my hostile actions from a few days back. He hadn't called my mother, and no staff from the school talked to me about it. I assumed that he just let it go and didn't really care, even though his reaction said otherwise. Maybe he had even forgotten.

"Good morning!" He chirped in his provocative accent. I loved the Australian accent, it was so warm and just so attractive, but I hated his. Probably because I hated him but that wasn't the point.

"Are you all nervous?" He laughed while getting the papers from his ugly bag. A few people answered his question but I sat quiet trying not to interact with him. I kept my eyes glued to the front door to see if Luke was going to come in, but during the time that the teacher talked to us and took attendance, he still hadn't showed.

"Okay everyone, clear your desks, we'll be starting now." He said fiddling with the stack of papers in his hand. I had already had a clear desk and just waited for him to get to me and give me the test so I could get it over with.

Waiting for the paper made me more anxious than the actual writing of the test. He took his fine time placing each packet on each test and finally he reached the back row.

"Good luck." He said as the paper hit my desk. I fake smiled and rolled my eyes the second he turned his back. He made his way to the front trying to be dramatic but it only looked stupid. We weren't in a movie and he wasn't some Swiss boarding school educator.

"Okay you have exactly an hour, you can start." He said and I opened the packet taking a look. I sighed in relief because everything that Luke and I did, came. I was sure that I would be fine.

As my pen hit the paper, I looked down and wouldn't look up. I was in a world of numbers and formulas. I still hated it, but at least I wasn't sitting confused.

A frantic opening of the door interrupted my math trans and sure enough a very confused and messy haired Luke stumbled in.

"Sorry I..my alarm totally lagged." He said looking like he put on the first thing he saw and ran. I almost chuckled at his excuse since it was exactly the same as mine from a few days back. The irony was unbearable.

"Well I've heard that one before." The teacher said looking straight at me and I looked away, not giving him the satisfaction.

"Take a seat." He said annoyed and Luke took the seat next to me, like I hoped he would. Thankfully I didn't need his help.

I turned my attention to stressed out Luke and smirked slightly, almost asking for a silent explanation for whatever that was. He smiled back shaking his head, almost saying that it was weird and long story. I rolled my eyes in response, saying that it was probably some bullshit reason and he laughed silently as an answer.

I stopped myself wondering why I understood the weird communication that was silent. I shook my head to stop the weird interaction and asked myself why even understood that.

I continued my concentration on the test and continued to work. I made it to the second page and was almost halfway done it. I secretly glanced at Luke's paper to see that he was finished the first page and had started the second. I shook my head in disbelief as to how fast he was able to do all of it. He wasn't even concentrating he just wrote and even sang something silently.

*

After countless calculating, I made it to the last page and I still had twenty minutes left. Luke had already finished and just waited for the teacher to take his test. He sat bored at his seat and just tapped his feet in impatience.

Alas, I was done with the test and looked it over once more before folding it over and waiting for the minutes to go by. I felt the teacher's glare at me all the time to see if I was cheating or whatever but I was gladly disappointing him. I studied and I felt good with it. I had no doubts that I passed it.

"Okay time's up!" He chirped and walked through the class. Everyone handed him the tests, but I just slid mine forward for him to take himself. He was surely capable of that. I folded my arms and sat in my spot and waited until he took it. My attitude was not passable and he noticed it. Very much so, in fact.

"I'll have them graded by our next lesson, so you won't wait long." He said and the bell rang. I quickly packed up the remaining items on my desk and rushed out. As I left the classroom, I felt the pressure in my chest evaporate and I just took a long deep breath that I really needed.

"So..?" I heard a voice say and a weight on my shoulder as I turned my head to see Luke behind me. his appearance had not improved since an hour before and he still looked like hell.

"It went well. I think I passed." I said walking.

"It better be a pass.." He playfully warned. Most people would take those kind of comments in a rude way, like Tara or the rest of the people that knew him, but I wasn't going to get butt hurt over every rude joke he made. That didn't make me soft, it made me a person who understood other people. Even with my problems with him.

"What happened to you?" I asked exaggeratedly panning my head and eyes up and down his body so he would get the point.

A laugh and what seemed to be a sigh, and of course the typical Luke eye roll escaped him and I wasn't sure I even wanted to know.

"I really did oversleep." He insured but I just laughed him off. Overslept my ass.

"Right." I said in a condescending way as I reached the locker.

"Really!"

"And you couldn't comb your hair?" I teased.

"Well not everyone has long locks that fall by themselves." He laughed and then just coughed and turned his face emotionless.

Long locks that fall by themselves.

I furrowed my eyebrows in complete and utter confusion to what he just had said. He obviously took that comment back mentally, as he concentrated on his locker and nowhere else. I made it a habit to pretend I don't notice his weird actions and words by moving on and mostly changing the subject. But apparently I was the weird one.

"Well I have biology now so.." I said trying to leave.

"Oh, my mum told me to tell you not to come by today." He said as he came back from the awkward world he was in for the minute.

"Why not? I'm almost never there."

"I don't know, do you think we actually had a conversation about it? She just told me to tell you." He spat and he had obviously changed moods. With my mind I could write up pages about the phenomenon that are Luke's sudden, very very sudden, mood swings.

"Okay whatever." I said walking toward my next class.

-

Luke's POV

Something was insanely wrong. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it wasn't normal. Stumbling out of bed, completely exhausted from the restless night told me that. It wasn't a particularity fun thing to admit, but considering how the last year and a half was, I had to admit to my insane sexual frustration.

In the days when Jeremy and I were friends, you could say that I was an insanely 'active' guy. I wasn't all that old but getting girls wasn't an issue. Once everyone decided that it was a good idea to turn on me, my hate for humanity hindered my 'activeness'. It wasn't something that I needed all that bad to be honest. I guess you could say I had it out of my system and a wank a couple of times a week did the trick.

Sex was incredibly overrated and Hollywood did a good job fabricating it completely. Sometimes saying that in my own head made me feel like I really was as fucked up as everyone thought, but it was the truth. I also told myself that I felt that way because every girl that I was with, was also in on Jeremy's bullshit. Either way, once that phase in my life had passed, my sex life did too.

That was until two weeks ago. I started having thoughts that wouldn't go away. I pushed them away and didn't think much of it, until I realized how quickly I would get wound up. The littlest of things set me off and I was fucking pissed. I wasn't sure what was triggering it, but I had to find out soon before I became a ticking testosterone bomb.

At first I kept saying to myself how fucking pathetic I was to be complaining and that being horny was normal but I knew it wasn't, not the way I was feeling. People were even starting to ask me what my deal was and it's not exactly fun to tell them that you're chronically horny.

Last night was probably the worst of them all. I usually stay up late and make myself get up early like most people but I was insanely tired but couldn't sleep. My current 'condition' didn't help and got in the way of that. The internet wasn't of much help to the problem and the relief was only short lived, until it happened again an hour later.

I was honestly surprised that I even made it to school at all after that. Thank god math wasn't something to think about.

"Well I have biology now so.." Peyton said literally awaking me from the long thought that made me incredibly frustrated and angry. I blinked a few times trying to form a normal sentence, since I was talking utter bullshit with everyone.

"Oh, my mum told me to tell you not to come by today." I said remembering what my mum told me this morning, even though she noticed how late I was.

"Why not? I'm almost never there." She complained. Why would someone complain about not having to clean someone else's shit?

"I don't know, do you think we actually had a conversation about it? She just told me to tell you." I snapped still being in my sudden frustrated form.

"Okay. Whatever." Peyton said obviously noticing my agitation and leaving to go to class.

Then I leaned onto the locker and put my hands on my face. I needed to figure out what was going on.

(A.N! SURPRISE! Look who's back, back again...LUKES POV. It was a spontaneous decision to do it and I thought it fit. Omg this chapter was insanely hard to write and I hope you liked (which I'm sure you all did) so yes, all of your theories were right but a little mystery is always fun right? So yeah, tell me what you thought of his POV and his lil situation bc I think its funny. I tried to touch onto some PG13 stuff bc its not a fanfic without it aaaaand its gonna be a while before anyone is frickle frackling so this is like a teaser for whats to come! Thank you all for reading and thanks for the 26K reads! Love yall, COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! I love reading them! <3)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.2K 179 29
Mladá krasokorčuliarka a profesionálny hokejista. Ona jemné, ladné dievča a on tvrdý, hrubý rival. Dva úplne odlišné svety, no osud si vybral práve i...
8.7K 204 52
Ako krasokorčuliarka sa zamiluje do hokejistu
7.6K 616 65
"Nikdy som nechcela, aby nás niečo rozdelilo." zotrela som si slzy z tváre. "Mrzí ma to, Mary." chrapľavo zašepkal. All Rights Reserved © Rossali...
3.1K 95 29