I'm a...Twin?!

נכתב על ידי Kaeecoee

"I stared at my father with the most blank expression imaginable, my jaw hanging open. Either he was full of... עוד

I'm a...Twin?!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
UPDATE! I'M REWRITING THIS BOOK....
Chapter 1 (NEW)
Chapter 2 (NEW)
Chapter 3 (NEW)

Chapter 11

1.2K 48 6
נכתב על ידי Kaeecoee

Air flew from underneath me as I did exactly what my father had ordered me to do: run. The problem I had was I didn't exactly know where to run and if Andrew was with Zemlicka looking for me, my chances of hiding from them were very slim, since Andrew could do any power I could do.

The closet, a little voice sang in my mind and that was all I needed as I went through the many walls and floors of the house to get to the room of my twin's and mine. The idea was brilliant, seen as how all my clothes were neatly hung in the closet and there were pockets galore to hop around and hide in. I hadn't ever tried it before, but shrinking myself was more then likely a definite possibility.

As I approached the closet, I let the energy sprint out of my fingertips, jumping right for the pant pocket of my favorite jeans. The sight was brilliant, watching the jeans turn into such large pants that I couldn't even see the top of them as my body soared for the pocket. Everything surrounding me looked like it had just had a shot of adrenaline as it flew up to the sky and I shrank into the size of a little baby Polly Pocket.

I landed right in the pocket and instantly began to nestle my body into it, looking for any escape possible from my twin and his evil captor. How could I have been so stupid not to realize that my twin was calling me just for that reason, only to discover my father's secret hideout. I had ruined it for my father and I felt so incredibly guilty. Way to go, Alleah, I told myself. Way to go.

It seemed like a lifetime in that dark and dreary pocket, waiting for Zemlicka to come and attempt another kidnapping. I was determined not to let him get away with it, but sometimes I wondered if that was the only way to get Andrew back, to spend more time with him so I could convince him who he really was. He didn't even look a thing like that old haggard and for him to not be able to see that was unbelievable. I didn't even want to know what other lies Zemlicka had fed my brother in his childhood years.

"Brent Smith, I demand you to tell me where your daughter is!" Zemlicka roared, obviously ticked off that he couldn't find me after searching through every inch of the first five or so floors. The fact that he was trying so hard to find me was a little bit humorous in itself, but at the same time it couldn't be good.

"Zemlicka, I told you, she does whatever she wants. For all I know, she could be outside playing on the beach. It's very likely."

"Brent, she's not out there and you know it," Zemlicka growled, his dark voice getting frequently louder as they entered my room. "Don't play stupid with me."

"Well, maybe I wouldn't if...," I heard my dad say so quietly that even I barely heard it. Dang, these little ears were nice.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, nothing," my father said, the smirk on his face being obvious by the tone of his voice.

"Whatever, Brent," Zemlicka sighed, followed by the rolling of my dresser drawers as he opened them up. Gosh, I hope he wasn't finding any embarrassing things in there.

"Call for her, Brent. She will most likely come to you," Zemlicka whispered as he slammed the bottom drawer on my dresser.

"Yes, because children answer to their fathers," my father snorted loudly, amused by Zemlicka's desperate request. "Really, Zemlicka? Really?"

"Do it Brent, or you'll be sorry!" Zemlicka hissed. I had to hold my mouth myself to keep from laughing out loud. How stupid did he think I really was?

"Yeah, okay. Alleah, honey? Daddy has a present for you," he called. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

Long and awkward silence. "Well, looks like she's not here," my father said, his footsteps trailing toward the door. "Perhaps she's in my room? Girls hide in their daddy's rooms, eh?"

"I feel my girl's presence," Zemlicka whispered, the noise of the closet creaking open blasted in my miniature ears.

"What, are you dating Barbie now?"

"Hush, Brent," he whispered, going through each one of my clothes. I felt the hanger the jeans were on swoosh to the right, my shoulder hitting the wall very roughly. It began to throb but I was more worried about him hearing me as he checked through my clothes, not even thinking to check the pockets. Idiot.

"Yeah, there's totally a girl in there," my father smirked as the closet door slammed shut roughly. "I saw her with my own eyes. "

"Shut it, Brent. I will find her," he threatened, making me feel a wave of anxiety at the darkness of his voice. Their footsteps faded off, but my anxiety continued to haunt me. He was much more determined than I thought and this scared the crap out of me.

I hugged my knees to my chest and wondered to myself how things had gotten so rotten. Only weeks ago I was with my foster mom, not even knowing that I was adopted and now here I was with my biological father and the knowledge of having a twin brother. Not only that, but my twin was kidnapped by somebody who was now after me. Why? Because I had powers. My life was becoming a novel, like a superhero movie or something.

I could've spent a good hour in there following the disruption before my father came into my room, looking around for me. I could hear his familiar steps on the soft carpet, but I didn't dare get out until I knew Zemlicka was gone.

"Alleah, sweetheart?" my father called, opening my closet. "Are you in here?"

"Yes!" I tried to answer, but it came out more like a mouse squeak. I had to admit, I felt some pity for the little guys. I was already getting annoyed with being so small.

"Alleah? If you're in there, you can come out now. He's gone, but we need to leave and we need to do it now." Leave?!

I climbed up the pocket as best as my body could handle, hopping out and letting the teeny bit of energy I had left consume me as I transformed back to my normal size. My head throbbed a little at all the changes, but being my normal size again was the best thing imaginable.

"You okay, sweetheart?" he asked, brushing some hair away from my face.

"Yeah, I'm just a little...freaked out," I admitted. "How long ago did he leave?"

"I gave it about fifteen minutes before coming to find you again. I had a feeling you were in that closet of yours somewhere."

"You had that right," I replied, brushing some of the lint off my jeans. "What are we going to do now?"

"We need to pack up and leave, Alleah," he frowned, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Your safety is at a huge risk if we stay here right now. We may not be able to keep them away and Andrew might be able to defeat you one of these days like you did to him and Zemlicka. It's just too dangerous. Barry and Phil are already packing necessities. I need you to go get your electronics, some clothes, and whatever else is really important to you, okay?"

"Yes, Dad," I nodded, my hope sinking in my stomach. I just got to this amazing place; I didn't want to leave so soon.

"That's my girl," he grinned, patting my shoulder as he headed for the door. "We're leaving in an hour."

"An hour?" I gasped, but I quickly adjusted my tone. "Okay, I'll be down there. But Dad, do you think we will ever be able to defeat him and get Andrew back?"

He froze midstep and turned to me, meeting my gaze. His eyes said everything. I saw fear, hopelessness and heartbroken emotions all piled into his deep blue eyes, completely matching the emotions I was experiencing. Seeing him like this broke my heart, but I knew if we didn't stay strong together, Zemlicka would get what he wanted.

"Alleah, I....," he started to say, but paused and let out an exasperated sigh. "I don't know what to say, love."

"Me neither," I said. "But Dad, we must do something. We need to get Andrew back and we need to do it before Zemlicka gets me."

"It's so much easier said than done, honey," he reminded me.

"Yeah, but I'm just....Dad, I'm worried about Andrew."

"I am too, Al, I am too."

"He's helping Zemlicka, Dad."

"Yeah, I know he is, honey. You would help the man you believed from birth was your father, too."

"Yeah, but I wouldn't go against my little sister's will and use our relationship to my advantage. He called me to locate me, Dad, and I fell for it. We talked for a while and I know why now. He was helping Zemlicka find me. But he was using our relationship to do it."

"He called you?!" my father gasped, his hand flying to his mouth.

"Yeah, he said-" I started.

"Alleah, I thought he had found us out of pure luck! That is a huge relief, but also a sad thing."

"I know, Dad and I'm sorry," I frowned, feeling even more guilty. "I just want my brother back."

"Don't worry, Alleah. Andrew will join us in the future. But for now, it's war. Now let's fight this thing together, eh?"

"Yeah, I guess so," I said. The smile I attempted had to look fake, as my father did not look assured.

"I believe in us," he said. "Now how about that suitcase? We have less than an hour now. See you down at the car."

"Okay, Dad," I said, watching him leave and then turning back to my stuff. Andrew'a persistence really did have me worried and my father was right, this was going to be war.

As I threw my things in the suitcase, my heart was filled with many different emotions. I'd even recently been thinking of my deceased mother. If only I hadn't been sick so she wouldn't have been assaulted. If only she had decided then not to go on a walk. If only they had postponed my doctors appointment even a simple hour, my life would be drastically different. But I guess the past is the past, tomorrow is the unknown, and today is a gift. And now it was time to fight for my family, my greatest gift.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

70 0 22
How do I explain this? My mother is a mortal, my dad and his family are wizards, but he gave up his powers to be with our mom and now there are four...
4.6K 746 14
Kamella is the youngest sibling, and only girl, in a family of superheroes. That means that everything is about the three older brothers and their we...
653K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...
692K 34.6K 50
❝𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕, 𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒕.❞ (the stars incline us, they do not bind us.) ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉�...